Chapter 39

Fantasic Randomness

It was just after noon and Infinite was riding their van back to their hotel from their last schedule for the day.

"Today after we get back to the hotel you have free time. It's going to be the last one while we're here." The manager explained. "Tomorrow we have a two music shows and three radio shows, so we won't get back until late. The day after that we're heading back to Korea, so no free time there either."
"Can I go shopping?" Myungsoo asked. "I want to buy something for Miki."
"Me too." Sungyeol and Dongwoo jumped in.
"Sure." The manager replied. "Just don't get caught looking at weird things." This eyes went to Woohyun.

The rest of Infinite's eyes followed the manager to Woohyun.

"What?!" Woohyun exclaimed. "A bra is not weird."

The boys cleared their throats and looked away.

----------

Myungsoo was at the mall with the rest of Infinite. They were all in a woman's clothing store looking for clothes. Myungsoo was looking around for dark colored military style clothes that Miki liked. Sungyeol was looking around for y clothes for Hyewon, while Dongwoo was looking for uniquely cute clothes for Eunji. Hoya tagged along with Dongwoo, while Sunggyu tagged along with Myungsoo. Woohyun and Sungjong were looking for something simple and cute for Muffy.

"You should get this." Sunggyu held up a pair of camouflage jeans.

Myungsoo walked over with a green military jacket in his hands. He looked at the jeans and grabbed it.

"I'm getting these." Myungsoo told Sunggyu.
"That was fast." Sunggyu commented.

They hadn't even been shopping for 15 minutes and Myungsoo was done shopping for Miki.

"Don't you want to look at more stuff?" Sunggyu asked.
"No." Myungsoo replied. "All the other stuff has lace on it. Miki hates lace."
"What about boots?" Sunggyu asked knowing Miki liked boots.
"Boots?" Myungsoo wondered. "She's really picky about boots though..."
"It'll be fine. I'm sure Miki will wear anything you buy her." Sunggyu pulled Myungsoo to the shoes.
"I don't think so." Myungsoo mumbled.

Myungsoo remembered when his mom bought Miki a yellow floral patterned lace dress. Miki wasn't too fond of the dress since it wasn't her style. She happily accepted the dress, but she hardly wore it. She only wore it twice, both times in front of his mom.

Woohyun and Sungjong were looking around the same section for Muffy's clothes. Sungjong found a nice white t-shirt with a small dinosaur looking creature holding a cupcake in the middle.

Sungjong smiled. This is perfect. Muffy will love this.

Suddenly Woohyun grabbed the shirt out of his hands. "Thanks. Muffy will love this."
"Hey!" Sungjong shouted, but Woohyun ignored him and kept walking away.

Sungjong glared at Woohyun, but returned to shop for Muffy.

[i]Not to self, don't ever show Woohyun your present for Muffy.[/i[

----------------

Back in Korea Miki was sitting in Jaejoong's studio listening to his newest song.

"So how was it?" Jaejoong asked after the song finished.
"It was nice." Miki replied. "It's missing harmonies in the chorus though."
"Harmonies?" Jaejoong replayed the part. "Let me fix it."

Jaejoong took out his mic and started adding harmonies to his song. Miki watched Jaejoong in awe. It was Miki's favorite singer recording his song right in front of her eyes.

Jaejoong flashed a smile at Miki as he recorded. Miki couldn't help but smile and blush as he inner Cassiopeia fangirl came out.

He finished recording and replayed the song.

"Something's still missing." Jaejoong said.
"I agree." Miki nodded.

They thought of what was missing in the song. Jaejoong glanced at Miki with a suspicious smirk. Miki made eye contact with the mysterious Jaejoong.

"What?" Miki asked.

The next thing Miki knew she had the headphones on her ears, the lyrics in her hand, and the mic right in front of her.

"Ready?" Jaejoong asked.

Before Miki could reply Jaejoong played the music. Without much of a choice she added the harmonies.

"That was great." Jaejoong clapped as soon as she was done recording. "Want to hear it?"

Jaejoong played the music. Miki's harmonies wasn't as great as Jaejoong's but it did fit the music.

"I think this is good." Jaejoong smiled. "Thanks."
"Glad I could help." Miki returned the smile.

She was about to put down the earphones, but Jaejoong stopped her.

"Since we're here and I have the equipment, want to record?" Jaejoong winked.

Miki's eyes glittered at the offer. It was her dream to sing a duet with Jaejoong.

"Yes please~!!" Miki sang.

Jaejoong got everything ready for their duet. Together Miki and Jaejoong unofficially and playfully recorded a few songs together.

After they were done recording they listened to their songs.

"Gosh it embarrassing." Miki covered her face as her untrained voice played on the speakers.
"I think it's fine." Jaejoong tried to console Miki.

The last song they recorded, I'll Protect You, started playing. Jaejoong offered his hand in dance to Miki. Miki accepted his hand and they started dancing.

As the last chorus of the song started to play Jaejoong moved his head closer to Miki's. Their lips met as the song finished. Jaejoong felt to resistance from Miki, so he deepened the kiss. Dazed and in a trace Miki kissed him back.

After a minute Miki suddenly pushed him back. "Sorry. It was an accident. I should go."

Miki grabbed her bag and rushed out of the apartment. Jaejoong chased after her. Miki saw Jaejoong chasing her. She ran down the stairs, seeing as waiting for the elevator would let him catch up with her. Jaejoong followed suit.

Miki reached her car and unlocked it. She was about to open the door when Jaejoong slammed it shut.

"We need to talk." Jaejoong said.
"There is nothing to say." Miki replied. "I have a boyfriend and I made a mistake. It was on a whim."
"I-"
"We should clear our heads about this before we talk again. We were clearly on a music high, so it's best that I leave now." Miki pushed Jaejoong aside.

Miki tried to open her door again, but once again he blocked her. This time Jaejoong pinned her against the car.

"I like you." Jaejoong looked at Miki in the eyes. "I really like you. I know you have a boyfriend, but I can't help but like you."

Before Jaejoong could continue his confession Miki harshly shoved him away.

"I'm really sorry Jaejoong-sshi, but I'm in love with Myungsoo. I only see you as an artist that I'm a huge fan of, a friend at most. I'm sorry." Miki bowed and quickly got into her car and drove away.

Jaejoong picked himself off the floor. He held back his tears as he went into the elevators up to Junsu's apartment where we drank his heart out with his best friends.

-----------

"Is this really his girlfriend?" A man asked as he looked at the pictures on the computer.
"I think so. Look it's the same girl here too." Another man said.
"Get this to the editor. This is front page news. We need this out asap." The first man said.
"Yes sir!" The second man replied. "This should be out in two days since tomorrow's magazine is already out."
"Two days is fine as long as it gets out." The first man smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next morning Sungyeol woke up to someone touching him all over his chest and tummy. He opened his eyes slowly and looked to his left where Myungsoo was sleeping and the first thing he saw was Myungsoo making a kissy face and getting closer and closer to his face.

"Yah!!" Sungyeol right away pushed Myungsoo away.
"What do you think you are doing?!!!"
From Sungyeol's push Myungsoo rolled all the way on the floor from the bed.

Myungsoo whined as he woke up. "Ow.... why did you do that? It hurts.."
He climbed back on the bed and covered himself with the covers.

"You were trying to kiss me! And you were touching me all over like I was that bamboo pillow lover of yours or something!!!" Sungyeol shouted.
"What? I didn't try to kiss you..." Myungsoo mumbled. "And don't shout.. so noisy."
"You did! Were you dreaming of something strange then?" Sungyeol nudged Myungsoo.

"I don't know.... Miki and I were just in this little paradise place..." Myungsoo said tiredly.
"Paradise place? Doing what there?" Sungyeol asked interested.

"Aishh.. let me sleep and stop asking questions!" Myungsoo complained. He felt really annoyed that Sungyeol had disturbed his wonderful dream where he had just almost kissed Miki while they were at the beach. Myungsoo tried to continue his dream by himself in his thoughts but was again disturbed by a knock on the door.

"Hyungs! Are you still sleeping!? Everyone is waiting downstairs! We have to go to the first radio show!" Sungjong was behind the door.

Sungyeol quickly sat up and checked the time from his phone. "! I forgot to put the alarm! Myungsoo hurry up, get up!"
Myungsoo made a dying whale sound as he rolled back on the floor from the bed to get ready.

"Did you wake up!?" Sungjong once again knocked on the door.
"Yeah!" Sungyeol shouted back.

--------------------------

"Where have you been? The show starts in less than 30 minutes!" a manager scolded Myungsoo and Sungyeol when they finally arrived down from their hotel room.
"Sorry." the boys apologized in unison.

" Well let's go then. Dongwoo leave that newspaper, we gotta go." the manager told and started leading the boys outside to the van.

Dongwoo placed the newspaper he had been reading on back on the desk he had took it. He had been really close to seeing something very dramatic if he only had flipped through another page of the newspaper. But the manager called him just before he saw anything.

----------------------

Inside the van Woohyun was acting strange. It looked as if he just couldn't sit still on his seat. "Calm down! This is not a bouncy castle!" Sunggyu said.

"Ahhh... but I just can't wait anymore. I can't I can't I can't!! I want to get home already!" Woohyun said impatiently, he really wanted to be with Muffy right now instead of going to their schedule. He wanted to ask her about the showcase and why she had disappeared, he wanted to eat her cooking she had promised, he wanted to give her the presents he had bought, and he couldn't wait to get the chance to about her story reading and find out if she had changed her mind about some things.

"You can! Calm down!" Sunggyu sighed.

Sungjong glaced at Woohyun. When he gets home what is he going to do to her? He bought her all those strange things as present too... what is he up to? ughh Woohyunnie hyung why must you be dating Muffy!?

------------------------------

The Infinite members were in the middle of the radio show. The MC was asking them different questions about their lives and things they liked.

"So tell me what is your ideal type in girls?" the MC asked.

Woohyun was the first one to answer, he just thought about what he usually said as his ideal type and added something of Muffy in there too. "I like someone who is easy-going, bright and cheerful. Someone who would be quite playful and random but still calm and reasonable enough.. I also like older women, someone who would take good care of me. "

"Ohh I see.. how about her appearance?" the MC asked interested.

"Well all Inspirits are my girlfriends so appearance doesn't really matter to me! But I like if the girl has pretty hands!" Woohyun said thinking about Muffy's tiny hands he loved a lot.

"Ohh did you hear that girls? Make sure to keep good care of your hands if you wish to date Woohyun!" the MC joked.
"Sunggyu hyung has very pretty hands though!" Woohyun told.

"Aha! So that is the reason you like pretty hands... Sunggyu! Everyone is curious of these two and their relationship right?" the MC joked.

"There is nothing going on!" Sunggyu said.
"I see.... but I don't know if we can believe you. What do you think fans?" the MC kept on joking.
"Sunggyu I love you!" Woohyun added to the fanservice making all the litel WooGyu shippers go wild.

"Then, L~!! I'm sure everyone is curious on what kind of girls you like?" the MC turned to Myungsoo.
"Me?" Myungsoo pointed at himself. "Well, I like someone innocent that has long and wavy hair... though I don't mind her cutting it too though if she wants and a little y is nice too... and I like if she could dance."

Everyone looked at Myunsoo, surprised that he had actually added something to his usual ideal type description.

"Oh, so you would like if she could dance? What kind of dance? Some y dance she could do to you while you two are alone in the room?" the MC teased.
Myungsoo started blushing like crazy. "Well... that...she..."

Everyone laughed at Myungsoo's reaction.

"L seems to be imagining strange things right now so we will move on to Sungjong!" the MC giggled.
"No! I wasn't thinking of strange things...." Myungsoo defended himself embarrassed.

Sungjong smiled. "I also like noonas! someone fun and lively who also has pretty hands and.."
"Hey, don't copy me." Woohyun mumbled.
"What? I can also like pretty hands on girls can't I?" Sungjong said.
"And since when did you like noonas?" Woohyun asked.
"I always have." Sungjong said.