Chapter 35

Fantasic Randomness
It was later in the afternoon and nearing the end of Muffy's shift. She was cheerfully checking on patients, although it pained her to do so. Muffy was still grieving over Miyoung's death.

Muffy was passing Miyoung's room when she heard a loud commotion from inside the room. She cautiously went to check inside the room.

"Hello?" Muffy went inside.
"Owwie." A little boy groaned on the floor.

Muffy instantly went to pick up the boy.

"Are you okay?" Muffy asked.
"I'm fine." The boy replied. "It happens all the time. Noona, can you help me to my bed?"
"You're bed?" Muffy raised an eyebrow. Isn't this Miyoung's room? It should be empty.

Muffy looked around the room and noticed there were toys and a suitcase on the chair.

"Did you just move in here?" Muffy asked.
"Yup. I moved here today from Daegu." The boy replied. "My name's Yoogeun and I'm 10 years old."
"I'm Muffy. I guess I'll be your nurse." Muffy replied.
"Nice to meet you." Yoogeun replied. "Can I call you Noona?"
"Sure." Muffy ruffled the boy's head.
"Noona, can you take me to my bed. I'm not use to the surroundings yet." Yooguen asked.
"Bed?" Muffy repeated.

The bed was only a few steps away from Yoogeun and it was in his view point. Muffy stared at Yoogeun strangely until she noticed something off. Yoogeun was smiling at her, but looking past her. It was as if he couldn't see her.

Is he blind?

Muffy gently led Yoogeun to the bed. Yoogeun touched the bed with his hands examining the length and width of the bed. He slowly climbed onto the bed and felt around for the pillow. He found the pillow then turned back to Muffy.

"Noona, can you grab my stick." Yoogeun asked. "It fell down a little while ago. I think it's over there." Yoogeun pointed.

Muffy grabbed the stick and handed it to Yoogeun. He put the stick beside his bed.

"Thank you." Yoogeun bowed. "I'm going to take a small nap. Is that okay? I'm really tired from all the moving today."
"Sure." Muffy tucked Yoogeun into the bed. "I'll come in and check up on you later."

Muffy exited the room nearly bumping into Hyunjoong on the way.

"Muffy, you surprised me." Hyunjoong chuckled. "I see you met Yoogeun."
"I see you didn't go home." Muffy replied.
"Well I had to perform a surgery earlier, so I couldn't leave. I'm leaving soon though." Hyunjoong replied. "Anyways how's Yoogeun?"
"He's taking a nap now." Muffy replied.
"Poor kid. He must be tired from all that moving around today." Hyunjoong said.
"Is be blind?" Muffy asked.
"Yes, from a car accident." Hyunjoong replied. "But he's getting surgery for it in a few days. We're going to try and repair his vision. He'll be here only for a few weeks."

 

Miki was sitting on the couch watching her Japanese drama. She was in the middle of a romantic scene when her phone rang. Miki angrily paused the drama and grabbed her phone.

"WHAT?! I'm in the middle of my drama!!" Miki shouted into the phone.

Miki was grumpy after a long stressful day at school. Today, she was suddenly swarmed with two major essays, and her heel broke on the way up the stairs, so she fell down the stairs and sprained her ankle. She also got a less than expected grade on one of her tests. Aside from everything school related, she missed her family after having a phone conversation with her mom. She was also Myungsoo deprived.

"Sorry." Jaejoong apologized. "Should I call back later?"
"No it's fine. I'm sorry. I had a bad day today." Miki tried to calm down.
"So what's up?"
"Your car is fixed." Jaejoong replied.
"Really?! Thank you!!" Miki said happily. "Finally something good today!"
Jaejoong chuckled. "You should be getting the official phone call from the shop tomorrow."
"Great! I can drive my car again!" Miki said excitedly.
"So can you do me a favor?" Jaejoong asked. "Remember we were supposed to meet last week? Can we reschedule it to two days from today?"

Miki thought about it. Japan trip from tomorrow night, Infinite's debut stage the next day, and return to Korean the following morning. I should be back by the afternoon.

"Sure, but it has to be at night since I'm busy in the morning." Miki replied. "It'll be my treat for fixing my car."
"Great. At 8 then? I can't wait to see you." Jaejoong replied.
"8 sounds fine. Text me the place." Miki replied.

Miki cut the phone and reached out to grab the DVD remote. Just as she grabbed the remote her phone rang again.

"Now what?" Miki grumbled.

Miki answered the phone again. "Hello? You're depriving me of Horikita Maki and Mukai Osamu's kiss under the moonlight."
"Oops sorry." Eunji said meekly. "By the way who is that?"
"Japanese drama." Miki replied.
"Oooh." Eunji said. "By the way tomorrow we're leaving for Japan, so do you want to meet up and go to the airport together?"
"That sounds good." Miki replied.
"Meet at Hyewon's house with your stuff by 3pm. We're going to the airport early since our plane's at 5pm." Eunji replied. "I'll call Muffy and ask her."
"3pm got it." Miki nodded.
"Also right after we arrive in Japan we're going to check into the hotel first. We're going to make our signs in Japan so we're going to need your translation skills to by the goods." Eunji chuckled. "Also there is the present give away boy so don't forget your gift. And-"
"Don't worry I remember the plan." Miki giggled. "Sign making is done in Japan, and bring your present from Korea. We're also camping out the night with the rest of the fans so we can get the best seating."
"So you remember. That's great!" Eunji exclaimed. "I'll call Muffy now to check on her."

Miki, Hyewon, Eunji, and Muffy were going to Japan on for Infinite's debut showcase. They would be leaving for Japan the next night. It was a tight trip, spending only one full day in Japan and returning the next morning.

The girls had planned the trip without the boys knowing, so it would be a surprise for the boys if they spotted the girls in the crowd. The girls all bought their front row tickets, but they wouldn't given any special treatments. They were not allowed backstage or anything out of the ordinary. They would be normal fangirls for the day. They would have their signs, sing along, and hand the boys gifts through the fan gift box. They would have absolutely no physical contact with the girls except for the showcase where the girls would stand behind the fangate and the boys would stand on stage. They would do nothing girlfriend or boyfriend like the entire trip.

 

Eunji, Hyewon and Miki were all already at Hyewon's house the next day, it was already 3.30 but Muffy still had not arrived.

"Where is she? Are you sure you told her to come here at 3pm?" Eunji walked around restlessly.
"I did." Miki replied.

The doorbell rang. "It must be her." Hyewon exclaimed and ran to open the door. "Muffy! Where were you!? We must leave right now!"
Muffy looked at Hyewon apologetically. "I'm sorry.."

"Let's just go now. Muffy you got all your stuff right?" Eunji asked.
Muffy nodded.
"Good. Let's hurry now!" Miki was the first one walking out the door.

---

The girls were now waiting for their plane to come at the airport. Miki, Eunji and Hyewon were all really excited and were talking non stop about the showcase. But Muffy was really silent, she just kept on listening to her ipod without joining the conversation.

"You know it would be so funny if our boys happened to see us in the crowd. They would be so surprised." Hyewon smiled.
"I know! But I really am proud of them all." Eunji said.

"Me too. They all worked so hard and I can't wait for them to come back already. I miss Myungsoo." Miki said imagining her boyfriend's face.
"I miss my baby too! So much!!" Eunji pouted.

"They will all be back here sooner than you think." Hyewon chuckled. "Right Muffy?"
There was no answer. The girls looked at Muffy who seemed really absent. "I think she didn't hear you." Eunji mumbled.

"But Muffy, you don't seem too excited about this.... " Hyewon commented.
"Huh?" Muffy finally heard her name being mentioned.
"I said that you don't seem that excited about going to the showcase." Hyewon repeated.

"Why? I am.... " Muffy mumbled.
"Well you don't seem like that though.." Hyewon mumbled.

"You all brought the gift right??" Eunji asked.
"Yes!!!!" Hyewon happily patted her bag.
"Yeah, I have it." Miki smiled.
"What gift?" Muffy frowned.
All the girls stared at Muffy. "You didn't bring it?"

"I.... sorry.. we were supposed to bring a gift? I totally forgot.. sorry.." Muffy said.
"Oh..." Eunji frowned.
"I thought I told you yesterday about the gift though and you said you had something." Miki said.

"Oh... I did? Well... sorry I really forgot." Muffy sighed. "Sorry I'm being like this, I didn't mean to forget but..... it's just that I have had too many thoughts in my head lately.. because I just yesterday heard that Miyoung died...."

"Miyoung??" Eunji put her hand on Muffy's shoulder gently.
"She is.... was a patient I really cared about." Muffy said silently.

Miki was shocked to hear the news as she also knew Miyoung. She felt really bad and sorry for Muffy, she gave her a tight comforting hug.

---------------------------------

Woohyun quickly ran in their practice room after their lunch break. He had skipped lunch and ran out to buy something.
He was carrying a shopping bag in his hand. He saw Sungjong in the corner and sat down beside me.

"You can stop sulking now. I bought Muffy a present now okay? Happy?" Woohyun nudged him.
Sungjong glanced at Woohyun but he still was upset about him mocking the monkey.
"What did you even buy? I bet my monkey is cuter." he mumbled.

"Ahh.. well that... that's a secret." Woohyun whispered but suddenly Hoya took the bag from the floor where Woohyun had placed it.

"What's this? Did you bring something to eat?" Hoya looked at Woohyun as he put his hand inside the bag. He frowned when he felt something soft in there, he quickly pulled it out and very fast the bag dropped on the floor when he saw what he was now holding.

"It's... it's....." Hoya blinked his eyes.
"What the..... that's BRA!!!!!! Why do you have bra Hoya??!" Sungyeol shouted as he walked in the room and saw what Hoya was holding.

Hoya immediately dropped the black bra on the floor.

"Yah!! That's a present don't just drop it like that!" Woohyun ran to pick up the bra from the floor.
"Woah... there's something else too!" Sungyeol was about to take all the things out from the shopping bag but Woohyun quickly snatched the bag to himself before anyone could see more.

"Don't touch that!" Woohyun blushed and pushed the bra inside the bag.
Sungjong looked at Woohyun in disbelief. "You bought her bra?"
"Yeah... why? I also bought other kind of lingerie too." Woohyun told him.

"Really? Let me see!" Sungyeol exclaimed and tried to get the bag from Woohyun but he held it close to his chest. "Get away. I'm not showing!" Woohyun pushed Sungyeol away.

Sungjong snorted. "You really think she would like it that you bring her underwear? I don't even want to imagine what kind of you bought her.."
"Wae!? I bought really nice .... and other things!" Woohyun defended his present.
"I found this good shop around the corner.. they had many pretty things that girls like..."

"But are you sure you got the right size? I mean.... girls have to know that type of things right... like the size of their you know... what do they call it...mug size or what?" Dongwoo commented.

"Mug size!??" Myungsoo laughed. "Idiot! They just call it size!"

"No! They don't .... don't they just like count in alphabet somehow like first there's A... then B... then C... D.... E.. F... G...H... L ... M...." Hoya pondered about the mysteries of the bra sizes.

"Idiot!!! There can't be that many! I mean if it gets bigger and bigger then imagine that M size girl s ... so ...... wow she would have nothing but those then don't you think!?" Dongwoo laughed.
"But it does have something to do with mugs or cups or something like that.."

"Of course I know her size!" Woohyun said.
"Then what is it?" Sungyeol asked.
"What the hell? I'm not telling you!!!" Woohyun shouted.

"Then how could you know?" Sunggyu asked.
"Well.... just.. I got a good feeling about this.." Woohyun blushed.

"Ya!! You seriously are going to give that as a present to Muffy! Are you sure that's what she wants from Japan!" Sungjong shouted.
"Yeah.... kind of..." Woohyun told him.
"Or that's only what he wants to see on her... he is kind of selfish that way. Only brings her presents that he wants." Myungsoo joked.

"Then you got Miki anything yet?" Woohyun rolled his eyes.

"Back to practice boys! Enough with the gossiping!" suddenly their dance choreographer came back to ther room.

"Awwww..........." all the members whined tiredly. They had been practicing since early in the morning and were really tired.

"Come on guys! Be a bit more positive! It's for the fans. Just a bit more till your showcase. It's tonight so don't be all lazy now! Ther's no time for that! " the choreographer clapped his hands together.

 

Hyemi and Eunji sat in line with a the many fangirls that were camping out for the showcase. The girls saw many familiar saseng faces from when they were leaving the buildings and such. The girls were really thankful that non of the sasengs knew they were dating the boys.

Miki and Muffy returned from their little shopping spree. They had bought Woohyun's present and the materials to make their signs.

"Did you buy it?" Hyemi asked when they sat down beside her.
"Yeah." Muffy held out the materials to make the signs.
"No your present." Hyemi asked.
"I did." Muffy nodded. "I got him some snacks since I know he loves them. What about you?"
"A video game." Hyemi replied. "But I don't want it to get lost, so I have him the box and cover. I have the disk right here." She held up the disk. "He'll be in for a surprise when he opens the game." She giggled.
"Lucky, I only got him a few nicknacks for the plane ride." Eunji pouted. "What about you Miki?"
"I got him a new shirt." Miki replied.
"Black or plaid?" Eunji asked.
"Both." Miki meekly smiled.
"More to his collection of them that my boy always complains about." Eunji said careful not to rise suspicions by mentioning Dongwoo's name.

The night passed by with the girls making their Infinite signs and planning what to do after the showcase.

"So it's settled then. After the showcase we go back to the hotel and jump in the onsen together." Hyemi summed up the plan.
"Ahh I can't wait to relax in the bath." Eunji squealed.

Muffy kind of nodded not really in the mood. Miki picked up on that and hugged the girl again.

------------

The next day the line for the debut showcase had multiplied. The line wrapped around the entire block. The girls were now the closest to the doors.

When the doors to the hall opened the girls quickly ran to the front fighting the other fans for the center right in front of the stage. Hyemi, being a track star in high school, somehow managed to bet the girls and get the spot in the center. Eunji, Muffy, and Miki joined Hyemi in the center before their spots were taken. They held their signs up and covered their faces, so the boys couldn't see their faces if they peaked out of the side wings.

----------

Backstage Infinite was getting ready. Sunggyu and Woohyun were warming up their voices while Dongwoo and Hoya were reviewing the moves with Myungsoo. Sungyeol was finishing up his hair and make up while Sungjong was dressing.

A few of Woolim's camera crew were filming backstage for their Youtube channel. (This is the clip I'm taking it from. I know the order is messed up but who cares. It's our story anyways. XDDD Infinite Making 5-7 Day go to 8:19 for my part.)

"We just let the fans inside the building, so 30 minutes until we're starting." A manager shouted.
"Ne!" The boys replied.

Woohyun bounced his shoulders up and down trying to relax his nerves. He suddenly got his idea that he should brush up his Japanese skills before the showcase started. Woohyun picked up his Japanese book and started reviewing.

The camera started recording Woohyun studying. He was quick to notice and started showing off to the camera.

"I'm going to ask which singer they like. They are going to reply 'INFINITE~!!' Then I'm going say 'This is the best day of my life~!!!'"
"Why are you viewing this cheesy stuff?!" Sungjong, who was sitting on the desk behind Woohyun asked.
"Because I need my fans to know I love them." Woohyun replied. He turned to the camera and started making hearts. "I love you Inspirits. You know that right?"

On the other side of the room Myungsoo was talking with the Japanese staff using his Japanese which Miki taught him. Sunggyu and Sungyeol were enviously watching Myungsoo show off.

"Look at him. He's flirting with the Japanese staff. We should film this and sent it to Miki." Sungyeol whispered to Hoya, who was standing beside him.

Sungyeol took out his camera. He walked closer to Myungsoo and his camera. Before Sungyeol could hit record Sunggyu in Myungsoo's conversation ending Myungsoo's flirting.

"Darn it!" Sungyeol snapped his fingers and put away his camera.