Chapter 3

Fantasic Randomness

Prince Woohyun stared at the Muffy shocked. He quickly made his way to her. He removed the broken pieces of the statue that were still covering her leg. As he did so, he saw how blood spread all over his hand from her leg.
"B-b-blood." Woohyun stuttered staring at his blood covered hand.

"Are you alright?" he asked touching Muffy's leg. "Ahh.." Muffy winced in pain as he did so.
"You, you t-t-there is blood we must.. I must take you---" Woohyun stuttered taking a grip of Muffy.
"Your highness. Please let go of me, I will be alright. You must go. It's dangerous out here. Go, the guards will take you to a safe place." Muffy said looking at him.
"I will take you with me first." Prince Woohyun said shaking his head.

"Your highness. Why are you being like this? I am just a servant. Please go." Muffy said.
Woohyun leaned close to her ear. "No, how could I just leave you here, you are the one I plan to marry."

Muffy bit her lip. She felt bad about what she was about to tell him. Until yesterday, she had been so happy together with Woohyun, it had been months they had been having a secret romance behind everyone's backs. Muffy had never been happier in her life.

But she knew this couldn't continue because the people who had just been firing the King and his family were people from Muffy's family. Her family had great hatred toward the King and all they wanted was to kill the King and his whole family, including Woohyun.
Muffy and a few of her other family members had been sent to the castle to work as servants since they had been 15, to be taken back to their family around the time the family would starts attacking the castle. Now was the time.

Muffy took a deep breath and leaned closer to Woohyun's ear. " Your highness, I don't know why you are talking about marriadge with me. I am a servant, and all we had was just a little game right. It was all meant for your entertainment, aren't I right? I never expected anything else, I never thought of it as more than just a little game.. I am a servant, you are a prince. I don't know why you are talking about marriadge when we both know you already belong to a princess. I am very honoured that you chose to play with me for a while, many maids dream about that, but I think it's time to stop this. So just go, leave me here."

"Stop! They are gone! ... I think." Sunggyu peeked out the window lifting his hand up as a sign for the other guards to stop shooting.

All the guards made sure they couldn't see the enemy no more.

Woohyun glanced at the guards then back at Muffy. "But it's not true, you... you aren't like those other maids. You are special to me." he whispered, shocked about Muffy's words. "I don't want to stop anything."

"Your highness. Please come this way. We will take care of the servant." Sunggyu told Prince Woohyun.
"I am sorry, your highness but I do. I want to end this. Believe me, this is for the best." Muffy said, despite wanting to tell him how special Woohyun was for her too.
Woohyun shook his head. "No. I-- I--- we must treat your leg." he ignored the guards and lifted Muffy up from the ground carefully, bridal style.

"Please. Your highness. Don't be like this." Muffy said silently. Prince Woohyun just gazed at her eyes, refusing to listen to her.

"Your highness. I will take her." Hoya quickly ran to Prince Woohyun and took her in his arms forcing Woohyun to let go. Everyone only thought he was kind like this to Muffy because she had protected him from the falling statue.

"This way." servant Sungyeol guided Prince Woohyun out of the room to his family.

Muffy sadly looked at Woohyun who the servants guided away.
But she knew this would be for the best as she would probably soon have to leave the castle anyway.
user posted image

"It's over now." the guard from before returned to where Miki was. "You don't need to worry miss."
Miki nodded staring at him.

He smiled slightly and was just about to turn around but Miki touched his hand stopping him. "Wait, thank you." she said. "I have never seen your before, what is your name?"

The man looked at Miki, looking carefully at her beautiful features. "Myungsoo." he answered.
"I've heard that your name is Miki."

"How do you know?" Miki asked surprised. Myungsoo just smiled without answering her question.

 

"Ah! Ah! AHHH!!!" Muffy screamed as Hoya accidentally made her leg touch the wall.

Miki, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong ran over to Muffy.

"Sir, I shall take her." Dongwoo took Muffy from Hoya.

Hoya nodded and went back to the other guards.

"Order from the King. Clean the mess and get the wounded to the servant corridors. Each of you will be inspected for your wounds. Those not wounded clean the place up by morning. Take the dead to the morgue." The King's right-hand man relayed the King's order. "Guards are to stand by and watch for anymore attacks."

Everyone slowly got up from the ground. The servants helped the wounded stand up. The guards stood by the broken walls, and windows watching for anything suspicious.

Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sungjong, Miki and Muffy turned around and to go to the servants corridors. Miki and Sungjong let out a small scream as the female servant who was walking past them fell face first to the ground dead. Her back was a bloody mess with a bullet wound near her heart.

Sungyeol covered Sungjong and Miki's eyes. "Don't look."

Sungyeol led them away from the body and the messy, bloody hall. Dongwoo practically ordered Muffy to close her eyes by threatening to drop her onto the floor if she didn't do it.

Myungsoo, who was standing at his post by the wall jumped at Miki's scream. He nearly ran over to see what was the matter but forced himself to stay at his post or he would be fired.

"What's wrong?" Hoya asked noticing his friend's discomfort.
"Nothing." Myungsoo replied.
"Did the scream scare you?" Hoya asked.
"A little. I thought there was another attack." Myungsoo lied.
"It's good that you're alert." Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Hoya's friend and commander, interrupted. "Sorry, I didn't mean to jump in on your conversation."
Hoya shook his head. "How's Prince Woohyun and the royal family?"
"The Queen is shaked up, but she'll be fine. The King is furious about the attack. As for Woohyun- errr Prince Woohyun... Well he's worried about the servant girl that saved his life." Sunggyu informed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the corridor a peasant doctor was examining each servant. Each servant who was uninjured or had a minor injury was immediately released to go clean the hall. Those with major injuries were told to rest and pack their belongings. At the King's order if the servant couldn't work, the servant was useless.

Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Miki, Muffy, and Sungjong finally arrived in front of the doctor. Dongwoo placed Muffy down on the chair.

"Can you walk?" The doctor examined Muffy's foot.
"No." Muffy replied. She couldn't even move her ankle, so how could she walk?
The doctor frowned. "That's unfortunate. I'm sorry, but you'll have to pack your belongings. You are fired from the castle."
"What?" Muffy as well as her friends shouted.
"That's the King's orders. He-" The doctor was interrupted by another servant. The servant whispered into the doctor's ear. "I'm sorry, I've been corrected. You are the servant who saved Prince Woohyun, am I right?"
"Yes sir." Muffy nodded.
"Under Prince Woohyun's orders you have been exempt from the King's orders for saving his life. You may rest in your room and return to work in a week." The doctor told Muffy. "One of you take her to her bed, while the rest of you go back to clean the hall."

Dongwoo took Muffy to the servant's sleeping room, while Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Miki went back to the hall to clean.

Muffy silently thought to herself about the exemption from the firing. It's Woohyun's doing again. Why can't he just let me go?

Meanwhile in the halls Miki was making her way to end of the hall. First the servants were ordered to move all the dead bodies, then to clean the rest of the hall. A few males were ordered to start reconstructing the walls.

Miki decided to get the body of the servant from earlier. She went over to the location and spotted Myungsoo standing at his post nearby. She bowed to Myungsoo before taking the hands of the body and dragging the body over to where she was assigned to put the bodies.

"Who was that?" Hoya questioned. "She's cute."
"I think she's cute too, but too bad she's a servant. We're not supposed to associate ourselves with those from the lower classes." Sunggyu reminded them of the laws made by the King.
"Yeah, the laws." Myungsoo mumbled, his eyes not leaving Miki.

Sunggyu watched Myungsoo watch Miki. Something was bothering Sunggyu about the way Myungsoo looked at Miki. Sunggyu suspected that something was up.

"So why'd she bow to you again?" Sunggyu asked, suspecting something.
"The chandelier almost fell on her." Myungsoo replied honestly.
"Oh," Sunggyu said relieved. "You saved her, so she's thanking you. I thought you were going to say you liked her. I'm sorry, but if you did I'd have to fire you. The law."
"Yeah, the law." Myungsoo repeated.

 

It was getting very late, all the servants had finished cleaning up the castle and were getting ready to sleep.
In midst of the darkness a figure sneaked towards the servant's sleeping room, the one where Muffy and Miki were sleeping at.

The figure silently took a look at everyone who was sleeping there, he stopped for a moment to watch Miki sleeping there peacefully. He then moved to the bed beside Miki's where he noticed Muffy sleeping.
He shook her slightly, waking her up. Muffy opened her eyes tiredly, she turned to see what had shaken her. She saw a male figure staring at her and gasped silently.

The man quickly blocked Muffy's mouth with his hand, Muffy's heart was beating fast from fear. Just then the moonlight through the window shone on the man's face reavealing his features.
Muffy looked at him relieved, now recognizing him.

"I'm not sure if you saw me before today.. It's me. i was sent here just yesterday. I need you to come with me for a moment. We must talk." the man whispered in Muffy's ear.
"But I can't walk.. my leg." Muffy whispered back.
"Oh.. right. Could you limp a bit?" the man asked.
"Well I can try." Muffy whispered.

"Good. I'll wait out the door so no one will suspect anything." the man whispered. He helped Muffy stand up then walked out the door.

Muffy started limping towards the door as silently as she possibly could, so she wouldn't wake anyone up.
"Where are you going?" Miki suddenly asked.
Muffy gasped slightly surprised to hear her voice. "I must pee.. so." she replied.
"Alright. Are you alright with you leg?" Miki asked.
"I'm fine. Just sleep." Muffy said.

I hope she didn't see him.. Muffy thought worried as she closed the door. As soon as she did so the man from before pulled her aside and started helping her walk. He led her to one dark corner by some stairs and sat her down.

Muffy looked at the man. "Is it already time for us to return, Myungoo?"
Myungsoo nodded. "I just received a letter a few weeks ago, they told me that we should be prepared to leave here in about a week from this day. They are planning a bigger attack on this castle."

Myungsoo also was part of the same clan as Muffy was and he had been training to become a guard since he was 15 like Muffy had been a servant. And now that he had finally managed to become a real guard at the castle, he would soon have to try be a part of killing the royal family for good and return to his people with Muffy.

"But, you were among the guards today.. did you shoot our people too, to protect the King?" Muffy asked.
"I only pretended to shoot them, but I made sure none of the bullets hit anyone." Myungsoo said.
"How about the other guards? They aren't suspecting anything?" Muffy asked.
"I don't think so." Myungsoo said.

"Oh... you know there was this one servant.... Miki... she uh.. is she your friend?" Myungsoo asked.
"Miki? Yeah, she is.. why?" Muffy asked confused why he suddenly talked about her when they had been talking about all that serious stuff.
"Well she.. just... I don't know.. I just asked." Myungsoo mumbled.

"You like Miki? Or you want me to introduce her to you? I don't think the people in this castle would approve of that, I mean if you wanted something more with her." Muffy said.
"I know that. I just asked. But.. I..." Myungsoo said. "Why's there so many rules in this world? And why must we be the enemy of the King?" he suddenly sighed.
"I know. But we have no choice." Muffy said, thinking about her hopeless love with Woohyun. Is there really no other choice but to kill Woohyun and his family and leave the castle for good? I wouldn't be happy that way, I know I wouldn't. This all might mean that my people might also kill all my friends that are here.


-----------

Meanwhile Prince Woohyun was sitting alone in the garden. He let out a deep sigh.
Is Muffy alright? Will she be alright? And what was all that? She thinks I only played with her.. did she only play with me? What am I going to do, I don't want to stop anything. I don't.

*flasback*

Prince Woohyun was just walking around the garden early one morning. The sun had just rose up. It was a bit chilly and it was a little bit foggy.

All of a sudden he noticed a girl walking further away carrying a basket with her. Woohyun could hear her humming a song, she crouched down by a little stream that was there.

Prince Woohyun grew curious and walked closer. The girl didn't see him, she put her hands in the cold water and was smiling.
Woohyun crouched down closer to her without her noticing, he looked at her curiously, he had seen this servant before but he had not paid much attention.
But seeing her like this, in this morning light, smiling like that, with her hair moving with the wind.. he thought she was beautiful.

"What are you doing?" Prince Woohyun finally spoke.
The girl almost fell down to the stream shocked, when she recognized the voice as a Princes voice.
She right away stood up and bowed deeply.
"Just washing my hands your highness!"

"Continue what you were doing miss. Don't let me bother." Prince Woohyun smiled.
"O-oh.." she stuttered and crouched back down.
"What is your name?" Prince Woohyun asked moving a bit closer to her.
"Muffy, your highness." the girl answered.
"Muffy? That's a funny name but it fits you." Prince Woohyun chuckled.

All of a sudden Muffy felt Prince Woohyun holding her hand, taking it out from the water.
"The water is cold. Your hands will freeze if you keep them there for too long." Prince Woohyun told her, gently rubbing her cold hand with his warm hand.

Muffy just stared at the princes hand shocked. She didn't know how to think about this, she thought it was forbidden for a servant and a prince holding each other's hands like this. But she didn't dare do a thing because it was the prince.

Her heart was beating so fast now.

*end of flashbacks*

Prince Woohyun thought about his and Muffy's first proper meeting. He just wanted to go back to those times, instead of what was going on right now.
I can't let her go, even if she says all that. I'm going to marry her... I don't want any princess. I only want her.


*flashback 2*

Woohyun was sitting at the dinner table with his family and one princess his parents had chose for him to marry in the future.

The princess was blabbering about herself, some beauty secrets, her friends and many other things Woohyun wasn't that interested to hear and drowning him into questions that were making him uncomfortable. She was giggling too much and it was getting on Woohyun's nerves.
They tell me to marry this princess? Seriously?

Woohyun glanced towards the doors where a few servants were standing, she noticed Muffy standing beside Miki.

Woohyun bit his lip then turned to the princess, forcing a smile on his face. "Excuse me for a moment." he said and made his way towards the door. As he passed Muffy, he lightly touched her hand, telling her to come out with him.

After a moment that Woohyun had walked out the door, Muffy followed too.

Right away when she was out, Woohyun grabbed Muffy's hand and started dragging her with him somewhere. He pushed open one door to a room he knew was empty, pulling Muffy in with him.

He let out a deep sigh once inside. He looked at Muffy and smiled. "I thought I would lose my mind soon." he said.
"But I think you should go back, they might start wondering where you went." Muffy said feeling a bit worried to be here like this with him when it was this early.

"No. I don't care right now. I'm not going back there. I'm--" Woohyun suddenly grabbed Muffy from her shoulders and pushed her against the wall. He gazed at her eyes for a moment then attacked her lips, kissing her.

"I'm..." he stopped for a moment to look at her again. "I'm going to stay here with you if you will allow it, miss." he whispered.
Muffy stared at his chest in silence for a moment, she knew this was so wrong but still she nodded.

Woohyun right away lifted her chin up with his hand and kissed her lips again. He wanted to forget about all the annoyance from that day and the thought he should marry someone else than Muffy. He just wanted to feel like there was only him and Muffy in this world, at least for a short moment.

*end of flashback*

Woohyun walked around the garden restlessly. The worry about Muffy was getting bigger, and the desire to see her like every night before was growing even bigger.

I must see her!

Prince Woohyun ran towards the castle, to the place where servants were. He silently opened the door to where Muffy usually slept. He had never before visited the servants rooms, he had only seen where Muffy had went.

He was just so desperate to see her now that he entered the room, on top of that female servants room.

Woohyun looked around the dark room, he saw women sleeping all around. He tried to find out which one was Muffy.

"Who are you?!" suddenly a voice asked from where Miki's bed was.
Prince Woohyun froze and tried to turn around.

"I asked who are you?" Miki asked again and got up.

A woman beside Miki had also woke up, and saw a man standing there. "AHHH it's a man!!!! Is he a !!!?" she screamed shocked.

Woohyun tried to run away fast but Miki was faster and caught him. "Who are you and what are you doing here? Did you try to someone?!" Miki asked holding the prince.

One of the servants put on some light. Everyone looked at Prince Woohyun shocked, once they noticed who the man was.

Miki let go of him right away.
"Your highness." she stuttered.

"I-- I didn't come to anyone... I- I- I just.. - ahh.." Prince Woohyun said embarrassed to be found out like this.