Chapter 23

Fantasic Randomness

Sunggyu walked to his and Woohyun's room after a few hours. Woohyun had not came out since Muffy had left.

Sunggyu saw Woohyun on the floor, with his eyes closed. He was holding a manga book in his hands.
Sunggyu bent down and took the book from him wanting to see what it was. Woohyun opened his eyes and glanced at Sunggyu then looked down on the floor.

"You reading Myungsoo's love manga?" Sunggyu chuckled and sat on the bed. Woohyun didn't reply. Sunggyu kicked Woohyun's side.
"Yah! You can't still seriously be sulking because Muffy didn't let you sleep with her." Sunggyu sighed.

"Leave me alone." Woohyun mumbled kicking Sunggyu back. Sunggyu got on the floor beside Woohyun and hit his head with the manga book. "It's really not such a big deal. Grow up. "

"It is a big deal." Woohyun said annoyed and sat up glaring at the floor.
"What is? That you can't have any or what? Aigoo Woohyun-ah, and here you are just trying to satisfy your wants reading such love mangas huh?." Sunggyu snorted. "Like Myungsoo read before Miki.."

"That's not it!" Woohyun snapped.
Sunggyu frowned. "Then what's with you?"

Woohyun stayed silent for a moment, he played with his hands.

"Hyung... to be honest. I'm scared." Woohyun finally said.
Sunggyu looked at Woohyun. "Scared?"

"You know... it's just... i've been thinking are we really going to last, Muffy and I? We've been together for a quite long time now but sometimes... just I feel like she keeps pushing me away.. like today she did. She didn't want to spend the night together, she never wants if I ask... and sometimes I feel like she is annoyed by me. It's almost always me asking her to hang out... never her. I mean.. there's been some girls in the past.. and everytime it all ended after they felt like I was too much for them and just felt annoyed by me... but it just was my way to show that I cared. And with Muffy I really feel like I can be myself and stuff... and I sincerely care about her. It was actually quite awkward between us for a long time but everything was fine.. we were hanging out a lot... but now that we finally got rid of all that awkwardness and i'm being myself, I feel like she got bored of me when she knows how I really am..." Woohyun told his heart.

Sunggyu sighed and patted Woohyun's back.
"That's not it Woohyun. I'm sure she likes you just the way you are. It is true you are pretty annoying and pushy at times. You also bore me to death sometimes and I just want to punch you in the face when you act like an idiot." Sunggyu said.

"So now you are just mocking me.. what's your point even..?" Woohyun mumbled.
"Ya, listen!! What I mean is that even though you are an idiot like that at times, it doesn't meant that I still wouldn't like you. I like you a lot despite all your faults. You are my dongsaeng, my group member and my friend. I wouldn't change you for anything." Sunggyu told Woohyun and put his arm around his shoulder. "I'm sure Muffy thinks just the same. I don't think she would've stayed this long with you if she thought differently."

"It's really weird hyung, you are suddenly saying such great words. " Woohyun chuckled.
"I always say great words!" Sunggyu exclaimed.

"Yes yes.. like how nice a certain someone had." Woohyun teased.
"Well.. that... ya stop talking about that!" Sunggyu said embarrassed. Woohyun giggled but then turned serious.

"But hyung also.. you know.What if she doesn't want to stay in Korea.. I mean she often tells me how she misses home and talks about all the things there. What if she only stays here for a while and then just goes back and I end up being just a man she had an affair while being in a foreign country..." Woohyun sighed.

"Stop overthinking stuffs already will you! Sure she can miss home, I would miss too if I was her. But I don't think you are just a guy she is having a short affair with." Sunggyu said.

"Mmm.. maybe you are right?" Woohyun said.
"I am right. Now send her a goodnight message already, I know you want to. It's strange when you aren't playing on your phone this time of the day." Sunggyu chuckled and climbed up on his bed.

He glanced at Woohyun who took out his phone, typing something.

Woohyun is much more fragile and insecure about himself than people think. Really such a pabo. But I really hope he doesn't get his heart too broken one day.. because he is so easily hurt. I bet not even Muffy knows he is this weak, he always puts up this strong image in front of people because he wants them to like him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Unnie. How is it?" Miyoung asked the next day at the hospital. Muffy was just putting her her new wig on as she wanted to look pretty as she had heard Miki would come and teach her how to dance.

Muffy hadn't told her that Woohyun and Sunggyu were about to come too. She wanted her to have a surprise.

"Looks so good." Muffy smiled and fixed a few hairs on the wig.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Miyoung gasped and hid behind Muffy. She was still worried that maybe Miki wouldn't think she was pretty as she really was expecting to see a very good dancer unnie.

"Hi~" Miki peeked her head in from the door.
"Hey." Muffy smiled and stood up, she held Miyoung's hand and pulled her with her towards Miki.

Miyoung shyly followed Muffy.
"Hi~! You must be Miyoung right?" Miki smiled at the little girl.
Miyoung nodded her head.

"She is a bit shy." Muffy said and looked at Miyoung gently.
"My name is Miki." Miki told Miyoung.

"I know that." Miyoung replied.
"She has been waiting for you all day." Muffy chuckled.
"Really? I've been waiting to see you all day too Miyoung." Miki smiled.

Miyoung looked at Muffy and mouthed "really", looking for assurance from Muffy. Muffy nodded.

"I heard you wanted to learn to dance like Hyuna." Miki said.
"Yes! I want to!" Miyoung's face brightened.

"That's nice! Can we practice in here or where?" Miki looked around.
"Yes, here is fine. There's a bit space and it's better she is here where we can keep an eye on her better." Muffy told.

Miki nodded. She put music and everything else ready then looked at Miyoung. "Ready to practice?"
Miyoung nodded smiling so widely.

----

Miki had been teaching Miyoung how to dance for about an hour. Muffy was watching the two dance and was sitting on Miyoung's bed.

She loved to see how Miyoung was having some fun for a change.

"Okay, then try to do a wave like this!" Miki showed the little girl.
"L.Like that.." Miyoung tried to do.

Muffy right away could hear something strange in Miyoung's voice.
"Miyoung. Are you okay?" she stood up immeadiately and walked to her.
Miyoung nodded but all of a sudden started coughing.

"Is she okay?!" Miki froze. Miyoung was now just continually coughing.
"Let's rest for a while hm?" Muffy took Miyoung and carried her on the bed. "Yeah..." Miyoung said weakly and continued coughing.

"Miki unnie, you won't go away if I rest will you?" Miyoung looked at Miki worried.
Miki walked closer while Muffy was checking Miyoung's condition.
"Of course I won't."

Miyoung was relieved and smiled.

"You can continue like after 30 minutes. It's better she rests enough, you can go outside and buy something from the hospital cafe or do anything you want." Muffy told Miki.

 

It was 12:45, 15 minutes until Sunggyu, Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Jaejoong would come. Miki had asked for a break, so Miyoung could catch her breath before meeting the boys.

"I'll be back." Miki said as her cellphone vibrated in her hand.

Miki went outside to answer the call. As soon as she stepped outside Myungsoo grabbed her waist.

"Kyaa!! YAH!" Miki slapped Myungsoo's shoulder. "You scared me."
"Sorry." Myungsoo and a chorus of boys said.

Miki looked behind Myungsoo and found not only Sunggyu and Woohyun, but Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Hoya as well.

"Sorry, we wanted to come too." Sungjong gave a guilty smile.
"It was boring at home anyways. I think the AC broke again." Sungyeol said.
"We came early. I hope you don't mind." Sunggyu said.
Miki smiled. "That's great. Just-"

Miki's cellphone vibrated again.

"One second." Miki told Infinite.

"Hello." Miki answered her phone. "Oh, Jaejoong-sshi.... Parking lot? I'll be there in a few minutes."

Jaejoong had arrived at the hospital and was at the parking lot waiting for her to pick him up.

Miki turned around to pick up Jaejoong, but Myungsoo held her hand.

"Where are you going?" Myungsoo asked.
"To pick up Jaejoong-sshi. Remember yesterday in the Taxi I invited him." Miki replied.
"Right." Myungsoo mumbled. "I'll go with you."
"No stay here. If someone sees you it will be chaotic." Miki replied.
"But-"
"No buts." Miki cut off Myungsoo. "Your safety comes first. I'll be back." Miki winked.

Miki dashed off to pick up Jaejoong.

Myungsoo leaned on the wall and pouted jealously. He didn't like that Miki was going to pick up another man alone.

"Who's Jaejoong?" Dongwoo asked.
"JYJ's Jaejoong-sunbaenim." Myungsoo grit his teeth. "The that crashed into Miki's car and nearly got her killed."
"WHAT?! Miki almost died?!" Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun, Hoya, and Sungjong exclaimed. "Jaejoong-sunbaenim almost killed Miki?!"
Sunggyu tapped Myungsoo's shoulder. "Tell them everything."
"His fans crashed into his car and made his car crash into Miki's two days ago." Myungsoo reluctantly replied. He wanted to make Jaejoong sound like the bad guy.
"Oh, then that's not too bad." Sungjong said. "It's the fan's fault not Jaejoong-sunbaenim's."

Myungsoo glared at Sungjong, who ignorantly began talking to Woohyun.

Myungsoo took out his phone and began to fiddle with it. He wanted to call Miki and make sure she was okay. He really didn't want Miki to be hanging out with Jaejoong.

"Hey, isn't Miki a really big fan of Jaejoong-sunbaenim?" Dongwoo asked. "I remember her saying she loved him so much."
"I remember she also bought a huge poster of him last time we went to Japan." Sungjong added.
"She bought all of the TVXQ and JYJ CDs too." Woohyun added. "I remember I offered to carry her bag after shopping and it weighed a ton. I asked her what was inside and she told me she had to re-buy all his CDs because she left them all in Hawaii."
"Stupid girl, why didn't she ship them over?" Sungyeol shook his head.
"She probably didn't want to spend the money. She's cheap like that." Hoya added.
"But doesn't it cost more to buy the CDs though?" Sungjong asked.
"Yeah, I asked her that too. She told me she gets a new CD, and it helps the artist, so she bought new ones." Woohyun replied.
"Aww she's such a nice person." Dongwoo cooed. "I hope she does this to Infinite's albums too."
"I think she bought 20 of our latest albums as presents for her friends hyung." Sungjong answered.
"Aww~! She is a sweet heart." Dongwoo cooed.

Myungsoo bitterly listened to their conversation.

I know Miki's a huge Jaejoong fan. She has a huge Jaejoong poster in her bedroom right next to the huge SHINee and Jonghyun poster. Do you know how painful it is to walk into her bedroom and see two of the most musically gifted and muscular sunbae's posters on the wall? She doesn't even have my poster and the wall... and I gave her some.

GAHH!! If I had my way I would never let Miki meet Jaejoong-sunbaenim or Jonghyun-sunbaenim. They are the two sunbaes that make me feel more insecure about myself when I'm with Miki. I'm already insecure as it is, but they make it worse. Good thing Miki doesn't know I'm insecure, so she'll probably run off with Jaejoong-sunbaenim who's way more confident than me.

OH MY GOD WHERE IS MIKI?! She's been gone for like an hour already!!


"Hey, you okay?" Sunggyu asked Myungsoo. "You're kind of zoning out into the floor."
"I'm fine. Just thinking." Myungsoo gave a smile.
"I know you're faking." Sunggyu gently pushed Myungsoo's head. "The Kim Myungsoo I know doesn't really express his feelings and likes to zone out when he thinks too hard about his emotions."
"I do not!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

Sunggyu gave him the "you're not fooling me" look.

"Okay I am." Myungsoo confessed. "I just have a bad feeling about Jaejoong-sunbaenim."
"Aigoo our little L-goon is jealous." Sungyeol ruffled Myungsoo's hair and leaned on the wall beside him. "Don't worry. Have some faith in Miki. She is the girl who you worked so hard just to date. I'm sure whatever happens you'll still win her in the end." Sungyeol gave an assuring smile.
"I can't tell if that's an encouragement or if you're trying to tell me that I might have competition." Myungsoo raised an eyebrow.
Sungyeol shrugged. "I guess it can go both ways. Either way I'm sure Miki's got eyes only for you. She might be looking at Jaejoong-sunbaenim as an idol rather than a potential boyfriend."

----------

FLASHBACK

It was a month after Myungsoo met Miki inside the plane. Myungsoo had gotten Miki's number and they had kept in touch. They were now really close friends. In fact at the time Myungsoo was Miki's only friend in Korea.

Infinite had just finished their last of their practices for the night. Everyone was preparing for bed. Sunggyu and Hoya had already fallen asleep and Sungjong was showering. In the living room Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo were watching TV. Myungsoo was laying on the floor with his bamboo wife.

Myungsoo had just received a text a shocking text message from Miki. He stared at the message for a few minutes before rolling over onto his back. He blankly stared at the ceiling, but inside his head was a mess.

"GAH!!" Myungsoo kicked his bamboo wife into Woohyun.
"What's wrong?" Sungyeol asked.
"I'm going crazy!" Myungsoo explained as he threw a tantrum on the floor.

The boys eyed Myungsoo like he was a nutcase, since Myungsoo hardly lost his cool.

Just then Sungjong walked in with a towel on his head. "Woah! What happened to Myungsoo-hyung?"

The three boys shrugged then turned their attention back to the TV. Sungjong carefully walked around Myungsoo to the couch.

"Oh my god!! I can't take it anymore!" Myungsoo sat up. "I'm going to go nuts. I'm too stressed as is. She can't do this to me!"
"Who can't do what?" Dongwoo asked.
"Miki, she- GAH!!" Myungsoo ran his hands threw his hair.
"Calm down!" Woohyun grabbed Myungsoo's hands before he could pull out his own hair. "Tell us what's going on. What happened with Miki?"
"Some guy asked her out!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

Everyone gasped since they knew Myungsoo had a huge crush on Miki.

"What am I supposed to do?" Myungsoo asked. "She asked me for advice. She wants to know if she should go out with the guy."
"Tell her no." Dongwoo replied. "Just tell her that she shouldn't go out with guys that she doesn't know."
"How am I supposed to say that? She'll think I'm hypocritical or something." Myungsoo replied.
"Just ask her out if you don't want her to date someone else!" Sungyeol said sharply. "If you keep dilly dallying she's going to end up dating someone else and you'll be stuck in the friend zone. Just ask her out. It won't hurt."
"But-"
"Sungyeolli-hyung's right." Sungjong added. "If you really like her just tell her you don't want her going out with someone else and ask her out."
"How do I do that?" Myungsoo asked. "Give me some advice please."
"I, the Love Cupid will give you some advice." Woohyun wrapped his arm around Myungsoo's neck.
"Don't listen to him or she'll reject you for being too cheesy." Sungyeol shouted.
"I'm not cheesy!" Woohyun exclaimed.

----------

An hour later Myungsoo was knocking on Miki's door.

Miki was just about to head off to bed when Myungsoo started pounding on her door. Miki slipped on a jacket and went to the door. She thought it was security until she saw that it was Myungsoo through the peephole.

"Myungsoo!" Miki opened the door.

Myungsoo pulled Miki into the house and slammed the door shut.

"Please go out with me!" Myungsoo held out his hand and bowed. "I don't want to date that sunbae from your school! Please go out with me! Be my girlfriend!!"

Myungsoo stared at the floor for what he thought was hours. Sweat poured down his neck and back. His hand was shaking.

"Okay." Miki took Myungsoo's hand.

Myungsoo looked up at Miki then at his hand. He stared at it for a few minutes before pulling Miki into a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Myungsoo squeezed Miki tight. "I thought you were going to reject me."
Miki giggled. "Why would I?"
"I thought you liked that sunbae." Myungsoo replied.
"I don't. He's cute, but not my type." Miki replied. "I liked you, but I thought you didn't like me. I figured that if you told me to date my sunbae that it would mean you didn't like me and I would give up liking you."
"Well I like you, so don't date that sunbae." Myungsoo said sternly.
"I can't date him. I'm dating you. Remember?" Miki reminded.
"Right." Myungsoo looked down and scratched his head. "That was embarrassing. I probably looked like a desperate dork pounding on your door. Maybe I should have listened to Woohyun's love advice. I kind of ran out half way through his lecture since it was kinda long."
"I thought the running and door pounding was nice." Miki took some tissue and wiped Myungsoo's sweat. "It's so romantic that I now have a boyfriend that will run out in the middle of the night for me. It think it's hot."

Myungsoo's turned bright red.

Miki led Myungsoo to the table to sit down. She gave him some water then called the Taxi, so he wouldn't have to walk home.

"So am I really your boyfriend?" Myungsoo asked.
"If you want to be." Miki replied. "I don't mind. It was you who asked me out."
"Right." Myungsoo blushed. "I can't get over how you're really mine. It feels like a dream."
"Should I make it feel not like a dream?" Miki asked.

Miki walked over to Myungsoo and gave him a small peck on his cheek. Miki quickly ran away into her bedroom.

Myungsoo touched his cheek, bewildered. His lips soon formed a bright smile. Myungsoo went into Miki's bedroom.

"Go away!" Miki told Myungsoo from under her bedsheets. "The Taxi should be outside."
"Hey," Myungsoo walked over and pulled the bed sheets off of Miki's face.

Miki tried to run, but Myungsoo prevented her for doing so. He slowly leaned closer to Miki's bright red face. He gave her a small peck on her nose.

"Good night my girlfriend." Myungsoo winked.

Myungsoo turned around and left Miki's house. Miki excitedly squealed after she heard the door to her house close.

Myungsoo leaned on Miki's door once he closed it. He smiled brightly and he clutched his accelerating heart. He could hear Miki happily squealing inside her house. Myungsoo glanced back at his girlfriend's home before leaving.

END FLASHBACK

----------

Meanwhile Miki and Jaejoong were riding the elevator. Miki had just punched in their floor.

"Thanks for inviting me." Jaejoong said. "I was really looking forward to seeing you dance."
"I'm not dancing today." Miki replied. "It's just that ummm... Do you know Infinite?"
"Infinite? The idol group?" Jaejoong asked.
"Yeah." Miki nodded. "The girl we're seeing today has cancer and she's dying. She wanted to meet you and and Infinite before... you know."
"Oh," Jaejoong smiled. "So you invited me to meet her."
"Yes." Miki replied. "I also invited Infinite and they are here too. I hope you can get along with them."
"I've never met them but I'm sure we'll get along." Jaejoong reassured.

Soon Jaejoong and Miki arrived on the floor. They could see Infinite in a distance.

"Myungsoo behave now. Don't let Jaejoong-sunbaenim get to you." Sunggyu warned.
"I'll try." Myungsoo replied.

Infinite got into a straight line as Miki and Jaejoong arrived.

"Annyeonhaseyo, Infinite immida." Infinite deeply bowed.
"Annyeonhaseyo, Jaejoong immida." Jaejoong returned the bow.

"Okay, so we're going to go in and surprise Miyoung." Miki told the boys. "She doesn't know you're coming, so she might be shocked." Miki reminded. "Also her name is Miyoung. Mi-young."

Miki slowly opened the door to Miyoung's room.