Chapter 48

Fantasic Randomness

"Woo...." Muffy hesitated. It had been years she had said that person's name out loud and saying that name again was difficult to her. That name brought back too many memories.
"Woo? Just Woo?" Siyoon asked.

Muffy shook her head. "No no no. WooTaeWoon." she said really fast, so fast that Siyoon didn't hear her properly.
"Huh? Woo what? I didn't hear that. A bit slower." Siyoon frowned.

Muffy looked down, unknowingly her hands were shaking a little, she didn't want to repeat herlsef, she didn't want to say that name aloud again.
Siyoon noticed Muffy's behavior. This Woo person must have really hurt her..

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit slow at some things sometimes but could you say his name again. Even if it's hard for you.. but you wanted me to find him."

Muffy clenched her fists, trying to calm herself down. She hated how Siyoon had noticed it was hard for her, she didn't want to seem weak.

"Woo. Tae. Woon." she said slowly.

"Okay! I got it now!" Siyoon exclaimed and quickly wrote down the name on a piece of paper.
"So... this means that you and I are business partners right now."
"You promise help me find him?" Muffy asked.

"Yes! I already wrote his name down, that means that he is already on my list of things to take care of. Partners?" Siyoon offered his hand for a handshake.

"Fine. Partners." Muffy shook his hand after a moment of more thinking.
"GREAT!!!" Siyoon exclaimed.
"Then, the first thing to do in this little company of ours is eating! Here we always eat well, so my miss partner Muffy-sshi, why don't you go wash up first and meanwhile I will go make our breakfast. The bathroom is right next to this room."

Siyoon walked out the door but after a few seconds he peeked in the room again. "I forgot to say one thing. We should try to think of another name to you, it could bring you a lot of trouble if you will use the one you have now."

"A new name?" Muffy frowned.

"Yes. I suggest the name Minhee. I checked around the names of the people around this area and Minhee is the second most popular name around here. It would take a while for anyone to track you down if you used such a popular name. So what do you say? How about we change your name into Choi Minhee?" Siyoon suggested.

"You have already checked some lists of names? It seems like you have been planning this kind of thing for a while then. But whatever I'll use whatever if it makes things easier" Muffy shrugged.
"Ahh... you caught me. Honestly, yes. I have been planning this a bit. It's more fun together with someone than working by myself all the time. " Siyoon chuckled. "But you go take that shower and I will go cook, after that we will make you a new ID card."

"You can do that?" Muffy asked.
"Of course I can. There is nothing I couldn't do in this world. You shouldn't doubt me, i'm a very skilled man. I could even erase all the information of the most highest men in our society and make them a new identity as a beggar if I wanted to." Siyoon smirked.

"Fine fine fine. Just make me the new ID." Muffy said and got up to go to the bathroom.
"I will, miss Minhee." Siyoon chuckled and walked to the kitchen. But I also think Minhee is perfect for her, she is so tiny and the name kind of sounds like "mini". So that's a perfect name for her.

Siyoon heard the bathroom door getting locked. He smiled by himself. The truth was that the first time Siyoon had seen Muffy had been weeks ago. He had seen her walking down the street and something had drawn him to her strongly, so he had followed her for a while. He found out where she was staying and every day for a while he would try to see her. He had started hoping to have her by him so being unable to take it anymore he had went to the shop last evening, having an excuse that he was there because he needed money when really he only had wanted to get to know Muffy.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

 

*400 Years ago*

Muffy was sitting inside her house, she was waiting. She had been waiting for the whole night. She felt nervous but at the same time excited.

She was about to be given a very great task. She would be the one hiding and taking care of the young heir of a great King. That King was not the real King that ruled over the country that time, but he was someone whom many people wanted to become the King instead. But that King worked in the darkness, his whereabouts were unknown, he was just little by little in secret gathering supporters to himself.

Muffy and Siyoon were one of those supporters.

There was a knock on the door. Muffy flinched a bit, her heart started beating nervously as she walked to the door. She carefully opened the door and saw someone who was dressed in a black gown, a hood covering most of his face.
"Follow me." he whispered.

Without a word Muffy did as he told. She followed him.
They walked through the main street then turned left to the forest. It was so dark they barely saw where they were walking.

After a while Muffy saw some light in the distance. They walked towards it and soon they saw a huge group of people standing there, surrounding a vagon that had someone inside.

"Bow." one man ordered.
Muffy immediately did as she was told and bowed down.
"It is fine. You may get up." she heard a deep voice saying from inside the vagon. Muffy nodded her head and stood up but was still keeping her head bowed down.

"So you are the one who is going to keep my son safe?" the voice asked.
"Yes, your higness." Muffy answered.
"Good then. Go out boy." she heard the man saying to someone else inside. The vagon door opened and soon a boy, a little bit younger than Muffy stepped outside.
He looked at Muffy for a moment wearily then walked beside her. Muffy looked at the boy, he looked nothing like a prince, he had no fancy clothes on him but was more dressed like a very poor person.

"You may call him Gongchan. Hide him well and whoever asks who he is, you must say that he is your brother. If you are outside with him, you must never act as if he is a prince, only when you are alone with him you must treat him like he deserves. We will send you some support from time to time so you should not starve." the person inside the vagon told.

"Yes. I will do as you will." Muffy answered. "Do not worry your highness."

"Good. Also, there is something that you must keep hidden for me. It is exrtemely important that you never lose these." one man walked to Muffy. He had a black box in his hands, he slowly opened it. Muffy looked at what was inside, it was a necklace, it had a diamond in the middle.

The man took the necklace from the box and put around Muffy's neck.

"That necklace, you must never lose it. Never. The day that happens will be the day when you die and it will also be a day when all the things we worked so hard will be in vain. It is an extrememly important necklace, I don't trust you enough to tell you why yet but I think you and I both agree that it is the wisest thing to keep that necklace safe. There's two necklaces, you will keep this one hidden and Siyoon will keep the other one hidden. You know him don't you? Yoon Siyoon?"

"Yes. I know him. I will keep it safe." Muffy replied. This kind of big responsibility was making her feel nervous but she tried her best not to show it.
"Good. You may leave now. Take good care of my son and if any problems occur just let us know." after saying that, the whole group left.

Muffy and Gongchan just stood in the dark forest watching how they went away.
Muffy glanced at Gongchan. "We should go before the sun rises."
Gongchan nodded. Muffy smiled a bit then started leading the way back to her house.

"What shall I call you?" Gongchan asked carefully.
Muffy thought for a moment. "Hmmm since we are supposed to be a brother and sister now. You can call me as noona I think. Yes, noona is fine."

"Noona." Gongchan nodded. "It is my first time calling someone noona."
"It is?" Muffy frowned.
"Yes. I have been living as the prince so everyone has always been serving me and I never had any siblings or many friends to call noona, or hyung." Gongchan told her.

"I see. Well now you can call me noona." Muffy said.

--

The next morning Muffy woke up to someone banging the door. She quickly got up her bed and got dressed, she then checked on Gongchan who had also got up.
"You stay here." Muffy whispered and ran to the door.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!!??" as soon as she opened the door a man pushed himself inside.
"Taewoon!" Muffy looked at the man surprised.

"I can't believe you are letting this happen!" Taewoon glared at Muffy.
"Let what happen?" Muffy frowned. "You have no right to just barge inside my house like this, I am not your fiancee anymore. I'm---"

Taewoon snorted. " I have no idea how that bastard even slithered into your life and took you away from me. And honestly I don't even care anymore but he has really poisoned your mind and I must warn you. And you really must listen, I don't care if you don't love me anymore but I'm telling you that Yoon Siyoon is a very dangerous man. You will only get killed if you stay with him. Just look at you now... I have heard rumors that you have selled yourself to the dark that you are doing some very sneaky things for them. I can't believe that a girl like you, that once was such an angel would sell her soul to those people that easily. I'm really warning you, get away from them. Just leave this country or do anything, just don't work for them, and get away from Yoon Siyoon!!!!" Taewoon shouted at Muffy.

It was silent for a moment then Muffy lifted up her head. "Get out of my house Taewoon."

"DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO A WORD I SAID!!!!?" Taewoon shouted.

"I did!!!! But get out of my house. I am not your fiancee anymore, what I do with my life shouldn't matter to you. Get out of my house." Muffy yelled back. "And selling my soul to someone, and that Siyoon is bad. You are saying all this just because you are jealous!!! So now just get out!"

Taewoon ignored Muffy when he thought he heard something from the bedroom. He quickly opened the door to find Gongchan looking straight at him nervously.
"Who is he?!!" Taewoon stared at Gongchan weirdly.
"He is my brother. Now let him sleep." Muffy quickly closed the door.
"You had a brother? But you never did?" Taewoon asked.

"I do. I never told you much about my family did I? You were always curious about them now here is my brother. We never lived together until now." Muffy tried to think about what to say.

"Why not? You are lying aren't you?" Taewoon snapped.
"Who are you boy?!" he pointed at Gongchan.

"I'm Gongchan. What noona says is true, I'm her brother." Gongchan replied nervously.
"Then why are you suddenly here? Muffy always told me she was an orphan." Taewoon said.

"Yes, we both are. It's only recently that we found each other again, we were separated when our parents died. I was taken to an orphanage while noona grew up in this village. I could never forget about noona so I came to find her and I finally did. " Gongchan lied calmly.

"There is something suspicious about this." Taewoon mumbled.

"Now get out of my house please. We couldn't even sleep properly when you came to disturb us first thing in the morning." Muffy glared at Taewoon.
Taewoon glared back at Muffy. "Fine. I will go then. But I will keep an eye on you. If I see anything suspicious happening here I will immediately report you to the King."

Muffy only silently opened the door to Taewoon.
"You won't be meeting Siyoon today will you?" Taewoon asked before he stepped outside.
"It's nothing you should know about. " Muffy said looking away from him.

"He is dangerous, i'm telling you. " Taewoon pointed at Muffy as he walked out the door. Muffy quickly closed the door before Taewoon could say anything more.

Muffy let out a sigh of relief. I'm not sure how convicing that Gongchan being my brother thing is. I hope Taewoon won't cause too much trouble.

*end of flashbacks*