Chapter 45

Fantasic Randomness

Muffy quickly ran down down the stairs to go to a basement under a small run-down building.

"Where have you been!?" a man scolded Muffy when she walked in the door. Muffy did not reply, she only took off her jacket and quickly sat down behind a small desk, and took a big box from under the desk placing it on the desk. She opened the lid of the box, she took a pile of bills from the box and absent mindedly started counting the money.

"Not going to answer me on where you were? Yah, we were supposed to open the business an hour ago but you come here now!?" the man kept scolding Muffy.

"Ahh.. Jinwoon i'm sorry okay. Don't take it so seriously." Muffy sighed and got up. She walked to the door and opened it, putting an "Open" sign on the door.
"You being late all the time, do you know how much money we could have made if you had been here?" Jinwoon scolded her.

"Then why didn't you open the place yourself already!?" Muffy rolled her eyes. "Oh hello! Please come in!" she pushed Jinwoon aside when an older lady was walking down the stairs to come in.

"Aish this girl." Jinwoon mumbled annoyed and walked behind the desk.

Muffy and Jinwoon were counterfeiters. They made fake money and they had an underground business, people would bring them all sorts of precious things, such as jewelry and as an exchange of those things they gave the people fake money. As it was really difficult for the people to earn money from anywhere anymore, they sold their old things like this to get money from somewhere.
All the people thought that the money Muffy and Jinwoon had was real, no one had any idea they were faking it. They ran the business very secretly, making sure that the government knew nothing of them.

Muffy had just finished serving the lady when a young man walked in.

"This way... sir.." Muffy stopped to stare at the man as she recognized him as the same man she had seen earlier at the CD shop.

"Ne." the man smiled and walked to Muffy. "I found this from the beach, how much can I get from it?"

He digged through his pocket and took out a necklace that had a red diamond in the middle of it. It looked really old and not too fancy.

Muffy blinked her eyes and took the necklace from him. She examined the necklace. "This looks pretty crappy to be honest..."

The man chuckled.

user posted image

Muffy looked up at him and noticed that he was wearing the same kind of necklace in his neck.
"You already have one of those? Don't you want money from that one too?" she questioned.

"Oh.. this." the man touched his neck. "I found this one from the same beach too. And I wanted to keep the other one myself... I thought it looked cool, though you seem to think they look crappy."
"Well. You've got to agree with me.. these don't look too fancy." Muffy told him.

"Maybe it is so.. but you know when I found these from the beach the two necklaces were tangled up to each other." the man said.
"I see. But you look familiar somehow.. have we met before? What is your name?" Muffy asked.

"Yoon Siyoon." the man replied. "Really? You thought we have met somewhere before? That's what I thought too! It's strange.. I don't think I know you though."

Muffy frowned.

"Who knows, what if we met in our previous lives or something." Siyoon joked.
"Well I doubt that. I don't believe there's any previous lives.. maybe you just looked like someone else." Muffy mumbled.

"But..." Siyoon suddenly lowered his voice. "I didn't actually come here because of the necklaces but I have heard that you two are counterfeiters. I really need some money so i need your help."

Muffy looked at him shocked. How did he know what we are really doing??!

"Wait... you guys here, you aren't on the governments side right?" Siyoon frowned.
Muffy snorted. "No! What kind of criminals like us would be on the governments side."

"Right. That's what I thought." Siyoon smiled.
"I'm against them too. I would never ever do as the government tells us to do, I would even rather die than bow down in front of the president and obey him."

"Well you are a nice little rebel then Yoon Siyoon-ssi." Muffy said as she played with the old necklace.

 

 

Zico, Kris, and Miki arrived at the President's Mansion. They were escorted to a meeting room as soon as they arrived.

"I wouldn't bother to settle down here." The President said as soon as he came into the room. "You won't be staying here too long." He smirked.

Miki, Zico, and Kris caught onto the smirk. They carefully glanced at each other before looking back at the president.

"Hand them the files." The President ordered.

A few maids handed Zico, Kris, and Miki folders. They opened it up. Inside there was a few documents, some new pictures, and some old pictures.

"Look at those older pictures." The President ordered. "The girl and boy there, their name is Siyoon and Muffy. This picture was taken 400 years ago. They are thieves that stole my family's precious amulets. The amulets were with my family for generation and when they were stolen our family was cursed." The President explained. "Now look at the next two photos."

They flipped the photos. The next photos were pictures of the present day of two people who looked identical to the people in the pictures from 400 years before.

"These are the people we believe are the reincarnations of Siyoon, and Muffy. I believe they know where the amulets are. I want you to find them, kill them, and bring back the amulets." The President ordered. "Don't fail be again Zico."

Zico looked at the President strangely. "I've never failed you yet."
"In the present you haven't." The President replied. "Oh wait, you don't know yet do you." He chuckled. "I guess I'll explain it to you. You three are reincarnations of people from 400 years ago as well. Zico, a knight of the family, and Kris and Miki, hunters for hire, hired by the family to kill the two thieves. You have to find the two and kill them, or by the power of the amulets you'll souls will be cursed to be forever reincarnated until the amulets are returned." The President chuckled. "Find them and end the curse once and for all. Your mission starts now."

The President walked out of the room leaving the three alone in the room.

"Interesting." Kris said as soon as the door slammed shut.
"Interesting? How's about psycho? I think he needs to get his head checked." Zico exclaimed. "Reincarnations and cursed amulets, what is this some sort of old occult film? Sheez. You'd think if I was a reincarnation of myself that I'd remember the past. Hell, I wouldn't even fail my mission in the first place! Reincarnation my !"
"Zico!" Kris scolded. "Watch your tone. We're on the job."
"Job for some nutcase." Zico mumbled.

Mik looked at the two boys then rolled her eyes. She walked over to one of the maids.

"I need weapons." Miki stared at the maid with fierce eyes.
"This way." The maid squeaked.

The maid led Miki, Kris, and Zico to the weapon room. It was a large storage room with every type of weapon stacked from the floor to the roof.

"His majesty says that you can take as much as you'd like." The maid informed.
"Great." Zico's eyes twinkled.

The trio looked through the storage room and heavily armed themselves. Zico took a large bag full of large guns, lasers, bombs, and ammunition. Kris took bag full of large guns and ammunition. Miki took a few handguns, a few medium guns, a bag full of ammunition. Zico directly armed himself with a large machete, while Kris took a sword, and Miki a katana.

Aside from weapons, they were provided with camping gear and a motorcycle with a full tank of gas. They were also provided with a set of clothing to change out of so they no longer wore the soldier's uniform. Their new clothes were all long sleeves, so that their tattoo marked arms were covered.

Zico, Miki, and Kris were marked with tattoos that extended from their mid-forearm to their right shoulder blade. It marked them as elite soldiers, the best of the best. It was a sign of strength, mark to be feared upon, yet it was also a target on the battle field.

To achieve the status of an elite soldier and to gain a tattoo, a soldier had to undergo rigorous training and come out on top of all of the other soldiers. They had to be the best at everything and be the most powerful on the field. Soldiers were pitted against each other with no gender difference, as they battled for the special elite mark on their arm.

Once the soldier achieved elite status the soldier was injected with a special serum enabling the soldier to be superhuman, with enormous strength, speed, and intelligence. The consequence for using the serum was that the serum marked their right arms like a tattoo, so no mark was the same. The elite soldier could freely choose to tap into their superhuman powers or not, but when they did the mark on their arm would glow red. When they weren't using their superhuman powers the marking on their arms would remain a black color.

user posted image

"Are you guys ready?" Kris asked.
"All ready baby." Zico held up an OK sign

user posted image

"Let's go." Miki threw her bag over shoulder. "We have a long way to go."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

"I'm sorry but you won't be getting much from this one.." Muffy told Siyoon. "Don't you have anything better?"

Siyoon frowned. "But that looks pretty expensive to me.."

"It doesn't... something else?" Muffy said.

Siyoon sighed. "Well I don't really have anything with me right now. I'd need to go home first and check."
"Then go. You really seem to need money but i'm sorry this necklace's worth isn't much." Muffy told him.

"I guess i'll go then. I'll be right back." Siyoon was about to leave but Muffy suddenly grabbed his hand.
"Let me come with you." Muffy said.

"Huh?" Siyoon blinked his eyes. Muffy glanced at Jinwoon who was doing his businesses in the corner. "It's faster that way and i'm bored to death in here anyways. Take me with you?" Muffy said.

"Oh.... well... I guess you could." Siyoon thought about it.
"Great. Let's go fast then." Muffy stood up and pushed Siyoon towards the door.

"Yah! Where are you going?!" Jinwoon shouted when he noticed Muffy running out the door.

"On a date!" Muffy shouted.

"What??! Get back here!" Jinwoon shouted but he was stopped by a new customer that just walked in.

Siyoon glanced at Muffy as they walked. "A date? But we just..:"
"Ahh.. I don't know why I said that... just forget about it. Let's go now." Muffy chuckled awkwardly.

"You want to date me?" Siyoon smirked.
"No. I just sometimes say things I don't mean." Muffy rolled her eyes.
"Even though I don't know you, I would date you." Siyoon said.
"What?" Muffy snorted.

"I'm a so called bad boy you know." Siyoon smirked. "There's been quite a few women I've dated before even knowing their name. Besides I think i've seen you before.. so why not?"
"You? A bad boy? You look more like a little mama's boy who has never even held a girl's hand and would scream if our lips met." Muffy .

"Is that how I look?" Siyoon chuckled.
"Yes." Muffy nodded. "But just know that this is all for business now. I only said that dating thing because I didn't want to go on explaining to Jinwoon where I was going."
"Sure. Business." Siyoon smiled. "I don't know your name though."

"Muffy." Muffy said and watched how a noisy group of young men passed them.
"That's an odd name." Siyoon giggled.
Muffy glared at him a little bit.

"But I think i've heard that name somewhere before. Are you sure that we have never met?" Siyoon asked her.

Muffy nodded. "Your house is far?"
"No. Just a little more." Siyoon said and turned to the left. In front of them there was a small building that looked really shabby.

"Here." Siyoon led Muffy towards the door that was in the middle of the whole building. He opened the door. It creaked as it opened.
"Sorry about that. Come in." Siyoon said. Muffy said nothing only followed him inside, she took her shoes off and immediately walked further.

She peeked inside the first room she saw, the room was filled with bookshelves and in the middle of all the books there was a desk that had a computer in the middle.
"Got any special books in there that could be worth something?" Muffy asked interested.
"Maybe.." Siyoon said.

Muffy closed the door and headed to the next room. By the window there was a small couch that was covered with Siyoon's clothes, mostly his boxers and socks and beside that a bed that was covered with different kind of things too. There was also a small table and a few chairs in the room, and the table was covered with cups, plates, chopstics and other dishes.

"Maybe it would be a good idea to clean here sometimes.." Muffy commented on the mess.
"Oh... sorry about that." Siyoon said awkwardly and right away started pushing some magazines off the bed to clean a bit.

"It's fine, no need to clean for me. Just show me what you have that would be worth something." Muffy said as she looked around.
"Sure. Just give me a moment." Siyoon started searching around the room for his things.

"What do you do for a living by the way? You seem to be quite a book worm.." Muffy asked.
"Oh... all the books, they are just for my research." Siyoon answered. "I'm just a normal citizen."
"Research?" Muffy asked.
"Just some things about the government, or history or about anything really." Siyoon answered.

"What about the government?" Muffy asked as she looked at all the posters on the walls.
"Well, that's quite confidential and i'm not sure if I should tell you.... unless..." Siyoon looked at Muffy.

"Unless what?" Muffy got really interested when she heard the thing being very confidential.
"You go out on a date with me, Muffy-sshi." Siyoon smirked.

"What?!" Muffy exclaimed.
"Well if you want to know some things, you might want to go out with me.." Siyoon chuckled.
"Is this your way of flirting?" Muffy snorted. "I'm sure the information isn't that interesting anyways.. to go out with a random stranger."

"It is." Siyoon said very mysteriously. "Besides I don't even feel like you are a stranger. The way you talk, the way you act and move and look. There is something very familiar, and I like it."