Chapter 8

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa, take care of Jennie and make sure you bring her home straight after dinner ok? No monkey business!" Jisoo warned her friend.

Jennie, who was walking down the stairs towards the front door, rolled her eyes. Her cousin was treating her like a child.

Jennie wore a simple white tank top and a pair of grey skinny jeans. She looked really hot.

"Don't worry Jisoo, I will," Lisa assured the paranoid cousin. Lisa was wearing a white polo shirt and a pair of denim jeans. She looked suave as well.

"Good, I expect to see you home by seven," Jisoo said to her cousin.

"What?" Jennie exclaimed. That was hardly enough time for her to buy her food let alone eat.

"Now now Jisoo, remembered what we talked about just now?" Rosé cut in.

"Fine! Eight! Be home by eight Jennie," Jisoo said.

"Jisoo..." Rosé warned. She suddenly had a dark aura surrounding her.

"Nine alright nine!" Jisoo panicked, avoiding the warning stare Rosé was sending to her direction.

"Oh for heavens sake Jisoo!" Rosé said exasperated.

Everyone stared at their honey blonde-haired friend as if she suddenly grew horns.

"Lisa, Jennie, just ignore her," Rosé continued, looking sharply at the sulking girl beside her. "Bring Jennie back home at ten ok Lisa?" she said as she pushed Lisa and Jennie out the front door. 

She said goodbye to them as she held on tightly to Jisoo's arm to prevent her from following the two.

 

... ... ...

 

"Where do want to go first?" Lisa asked Jennie. They were walking side by side as they scan the whole carnival.

"Up there!" Jennie said excitedly, pointing to the roller coaster that flew past them.

Lisa looked up and gulped. She wasn't particularly afraid of heights but the roller coaster didn't look particularly appealing either. She swore that she saw a few screws dropping off from the roller coaster not too long ago. The shaking metal frame of the roller coaster tracks didn't look too sturdy either.

Before she could even object, she found herself being dragged off by Jennie. Soon Lisa was seated and strapped on the coaster. She looked over at the cat-eyed girl beside her. She had a wide smile plastered on her face; she was ecstatic.

The coaster suddenly jerked forward and began to make its ascend. Click click click click. That was the sound of the roller coaster when it slowly made its way to the top, building up its momentum so that it could go full speed down afterwards.

To Lisa, the slow and agonizing ten seconds felt like an eternity. From where she was seated, she couldn't tell when the coaster was about to make its descent. That uncertainty made the experience all the more nerve-wracking for her.

The coaster was now reaching the peak. It was so slow that Lisa thought it had stopped moving. Just as she was about to catch her breath, she felt the wind slapping her face. Her stomach had a funny feeling and again she swore that she felt her leave the seat for a moment. The roller coaster was now making its descend. Lisa clung to the handrails as if her life depended on it.

"Let's do it again! That was so fun! Right Lis... Lisa? Are you ok? You don't look so good," Jennie said as she looked worriedly at Lisa. Her face was constantly changing colors. It went from purple to blue to green and back to purple again.

It took a while before Lisa's face color returned to usual. She couldn't really throw up as there wasn't much stuff in her stomach in the first place.

Looking back at Lisa, Jennie's face suddenly lit up. She thought of a brilliant idea.

"I know what can help you feel better!" Jennie smiled as she dragged the poor Lisa away again.

This time, she pulled her to an ice cream stand. The two teens were greeted by an old man.

"Hello kids, what can I get for you today?" the old man asked.

"One milk vanilla and one..." Jennie looked at Lisa.

"I'll have the same thing," Lisa answered.

"Here you go kids! Enjoy!" the old man smiled as he handed the cones to the teens.

"Thank you!" Lisa and the Jennie said together.

Jennie reached into the pockets of her jeans and handed a few coins to the old man.

Suddenly, a wave of nostalgia hit Lisa. She felt as though she had experienced a déjà vu.

"Lisa?" Jennie called her. "Are you ok? You look a little spaced out."

"Yea, I'm fine. Don't worry," Lisa replied but still looking a little dazed at the moment.

 

... ... ...

 

Jisoo and Rosé were sitting on the couch watching television. Jisoo was getting all fidgety.

"What's taking them so long? We should go and check on them!" Jisoo panicked. She stood up only to be pulled down by Rosé to sit again.

"Don't be silly Jisoo! It's been barely two hours since they left!" Rosé chided the paranoid girl. "Look out the window, the sun's going to set not for another few hours!"

"But..." Jisoo started.

"No buts! Just watch television now!" Rosé cut her off.

Looking at the pissed off girl, Jisoo obediently turned to face the television. She wasn't exactly watching rather she was thinking of ways on how to deal with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter