Chapter 5

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"STAY AWAY FROM HIM YOU MEAN BUNCH OF BULLIES!" a girl with raven hair shouted as she made her way to Lisa, shoving aside the other boys who were in her way.

"Or else what Rubyjane?" the boy with brown hair countered.

"OR ELSE I'M GOING TO STUFF THESE WORMS DOWN YOUR DISGUSTING THROAT KAI! NOW SCRAM!" the girl threatened as she scooped a handful of worms and pushed it to the boy's face.

"Ahhh! This girl is crazy!" The boy named 'Kai' yelled as he and the other two boys beside him ran for their lives.

"Are you ok?" the raven-haired girl asked as she stretched her hand out to her.

Lisa took it and replied, "Yes, thank you."

The girl smiled at her, "Your welcome! Say, do you want to play with me?" Her eyes were hopeful and Lisa couldn't bring herself to reject. Her face was also kind and warm. She somehow lifted up her spirits.

"Yeah sure!" Lisa smiled back.

Taking her frail hand, the girl made a dash out of the playground.

"Where are we going?" Lisa asked as she ran alongside the girl.

"Away from here silly!" the girl giggled.

The two children ran as fast as their little legs could take them and finally, they stopped in front of an ice cream parlor. The girl looked around as if she was looking for somebody before she pulled Lisa in.

"Come on!" she said.

"But I didn't bring any money..." Lisa frowned.

"Who said you're paying? It's my treat silly!"

"But..."

"No buts! The ice cream won't wait forever! Come on!"

Walking to the counter, the two children were greeted by an old man.

"Hello kids, what can I get for you today?" the old man asked.

"One milk vanilla and one..." the girl looked at Lisa.

"I'll have the same thing," Lisa said.

"Here you go kids! Enjoy!" the old man smiled as he handed the cones to the children.

"Thank you!" Lisa and the raven-haired said together.

The girl reached into the pockets of her jumper and handed a few coins to the old man.

The two children both left the parlor and headed for another playground.

"Tag! You're it!" she shouted, tapping Lisa on her shoulder before sprinting away giggling.

At first, shock was seen on Lisa's face. It took a while for it to sink down. Finally realizing what was happening, a wide grin was plastered on her face before she dashed off to catch the girl.

Shrieks of laughter were heard as the two darted around the playground. The two children, with wide smiles on their faces, hopped about like playful little imps. A victory smirk was plastered on Lisa's face as she finally caught her newfound friend. It took a long time for her to catch her.

Boy, could she run!

'Time passes quickly when you're having fun.' How true that saying was. Before Lisa knew it, orange and red hues were seen across the once blue sky. It was now sunset. Soon, it was time to say goodbye to her friend.

Suddenly, a black Rolls Royce skidded into a halt in front of them and three men in black came out of the car. On instinct, Lisa jumped in front of her friend, as if trying to protect her from the mysterious strangers that appeared.

"It's alright. Don't worry, they won't hurt us," the girl told her. "I guess I have to go home now."

Lisa merely stared at her friend. She would miss her but something was stuck in , no sound could come out.

Reaching for the red stone pendant that clung around her neck, the raven-haired girl took the necklace off and hung it on Lisa.

"This is a Haumea stone. It's a lucky charm and it's supposed to protect you. You seemed to get into trouble a lot so you probably need it more than I do," she said.

She gave her a hug and then she walked over to the men in black. Before she got into the car, she turned around one last time and waved. "Bye! I hope to see you soon! Try not to get into trouble ok? I won't be around to save your all the time!" she winked at her.

The car zoomed past her and she watched the car until it was nothing but a dot on the horizon. She watched her friend leave. She didn't even know her full name, the girl didn't even know her name too...

 

Lisa Manoban just woke up. It was daylight already. She had been dreaming about her childhood friend again.

They met only once though.

As she was starting to regain her vision, she was disturbed by the throbbing pain around her neck and back. She realized that she had spent the night sleeping on a couch.

She looked to her left and for a moment, she thought she was still dreaming. She thought she saw her childhood friend again.

She was sleeping next to her on the couch.

Jennie stirred in her sleep. Opening her eyes slowly, she turned to lock eyes with her.

"Ahhhh!" Jennie screamed.

Shocked by her sudden reaction, Lisa jumped up and screamed as well. She had forgotten that she was holding on to the mechanical doll and when she jerked, the baby flew in the air and thudded onto the gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter