Chapter 13

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa Manoban was feeling ecstatic.

She was smiling like a fool for days now. Jennie Kim liked her present. She had said so herself and she probably wasn't lying either.

Jisoo had told her that Jennie had spent most of her free time playing with Lily and she was really fond of it.

Jisoo thought that Lily was good for Jennie too. She wasn't disturbing her as much now that she had a new pet to channel all her excess energy into.

Lisa still remembered the little argument the cousins had over which mechanical pet was better. Lisa thought about Jisoo's disappointed face when she told her that she would not be able to make Dalgomie talk as the robotic dog was built and programmed differently.

Looking over at Jennie, Lisa was smiling to herself again. She was now more than a friend, Lisa had decided. She already decided a few days ago that she was finally going to confess her feelings to her soon. Lisa prayed that the raven-haired girl would not reject her straight away and instead give her a chance to make her happy.

Jennie was in full concentration and she didn't notice the Thai girl looking fondly at her. She was in the midst of arm wrestling with a boy named Jay at one of the classrooms right before the lesson.

"Come on Jay! Don't embarrass us guys! You can't lose to a girl!" the classroom boys shouted.

"You can do it Jennie! Show the boys what we girls are made of!" the classroom girls cheered for Jennie.

It was barely ten seconds into the challenge and it was soon over. Jennie had a victory smirk plastered on her face right before she ended the game and slammed Jay's hand on the table.

"Oh man! You've got to be kidding me! She won again!" a boy said depressed.

"Great job Jennie! You sure showed those egoistic boys!" the girls said to Jennie.

The first bell rang signaling the start of the lesson and everyone returned to their seats to prepare for the lesson. It was now Physics class with Miss Lee Chaerin. Rumor has it that she was going out with the history and life skills teacher, Mr. Kwon Jiyong. The teacher seemed to be running late today. The bell had rung and Miss Chaerin was not here yet.

"Jennie," Lisa hesitated.

"Yes Lisa?" Jennie asked.

"I err... What I mean is... Umm... Err..." Lisa couldn't find the right words to say.

Manoban what is wrong with you? If other people hear you, they will laugh their heads off! You have to pull yourself together! Lisa thought.

Lisa took a deep breath before she finally muttered out her words. "Can we meet alone later? I need to tell you something," Lisa mumbled.

Finally! You said it! It wasn't that bad was it now? Lisa thought to herself as she exhaled as a form of relief.

Jennie looked puzzled. "Umm yeah. Sure. Okay!" She replied.

Just then, Miss Chaerin entered the class.

"Good morning class. Kindly return to your respective sits," the teacher greeted. "Today, we have a new student."

Turning to the door, Miss Chaerin gave a nod as a signal. "Please come in now and introduce yourself," Miss Chaerin said.

A boy with jet black hair walked in.

"Hanbin!" Jennie suddenly said out loud.

"Oh hey Jennie," the new student smiled and raised a hand of acknowledgment at Jennie.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked. "You're a month early."

Flashback...

The phone rang and Jennie picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Jennie said.

"Hey Jen! Guess what?" the other person said excitedly.

"Hanbin! It's you! What's up?" Jennie smiled.

"I'll be transferring to YG Academy!" Hanbin said.

"REALLY! Oh my gosh! When are you coming?" Jennie asked. She was so excited that she was jumping up and down on the sofa.

"Next month!" Hanbin replied.

"Oh my gosh! I can't wait! But what made you decide to come and join us?"

"Well you keep telling me how wonderful YG Academy is and I'm curious!"

"That's great Hanbin!" Jennie said. "Oh I'll call you back later ok? Jisoo's getting angry. She's over-reacting as usual. I merely made a little mess in the kitchen and now she's yelling at me. Oh! Got to go now! Bye!"

And the line went dead.

"Jennie, how many times do I have to tell you..." Jisoo was almost shouting.

"Oh guess what Jisoo?" Jennie interrupted. "Hanbin's coming to our school next month!"

"The papers were done way earlier than expected, so I decided to come earlier and surprise you," Hanbin said mischievously.

"You two know each other?" Miss Chaerin asked.

The whole class suddenly perked up. They were very interested in the relationship between the star student and the new one. Everyone was already assuming that the ‘Hanbin’ guy is Jennie’s boyfriend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter