Chapter 30

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many days had passed and upon Jennie's stubborn attitude and insistence, Jennie and Jisoo came back to YG Academy to study.

Though Jisoo wouldn't admit it out loud, she was actually very glad to be back. She had missed Rosé. Her reaction when she found out that Jisoo was also a princess of New Zealand wasn't as bad and drastic as Lisa's had been. She forgave her almost immediately.

"So let me get this straight," Seulgi said. "You are not the real daughter of King Richard but his niece actually. By birthright, you are still a princess of New Zealand because your real mother is King Uzumi's sister, thus making her a princess and making both you and Jisoo a princess. Did I get that right?"

"Yes, finally Seulgi! I wonder why it took you so long to get it! They've been explaining to us for hours!" Irene said exasperated.

"But I'm still confused!" Seulgi said. "Why is Jennie, the younger princess, the next heir to the throne? Jisoo’s the older one yet she’s not the heir? Jennie's the crown princess, right?"

Irene sighed. "Gosh Seulgi you are so slow. Let me explain it to you in layman terms. King Richard has a sister who is Princess Jessica. Princess Jessica married a woman named Kwon Yuri. Jessica and Yuri can’t conceive a child for the obvious reason, so they decided to do the IVF procedure to have a baby and that was Jisoo. Unfortunately, the Queen then died after childbirth. But the newborn baby also died, leaving the King with no heir. So the King decided to adopt a baby. He convinced Jessica to undergo the same procedure again which was successful again and that baby was Jennie. Jennie's surname was changed to Kim for reasons not explained to us yet because you can't seem to move on. Jisoo's real surname is Kwon but she is known as Kim in school not to hide her identity but to easily blend with others, after all Kim is such a common surname but because of the media she has been exposed now. And Jennie used her simplified name ‘Jennie Kim’ to hide her identity as Princess Jennie Rubyjane Kim. Get it now?"

"Yes yes! I get it now!" Seulgi said excitedly. "People can just google Jennie Kim anytime now. While Jisoo refused to use her real surname to hide her real identity!"

"Finally! Now we can move on!" Irene said rolling her eyes.

“But if Jisoo and Jennie came from the same woman that means…”

As realization dawning on the rest of them, the gang looked at Jennie and Jisoo with disbelief in their eyes.

“You’re a Kwon and basically, you and Jisoo are not cousins but sisters!” Seulgi broke the silence and pointed at the quiet Jennie.

“Yeah. Basically we are sisters by blood but we were introduced as cousins when we were still young. We were also brought up in a different environment so accepting the fact that we were sisters and not cousins is quite hard to comprehend so Jennie and I just settled our relationship to being cousins,” Jisoo explained, shrugging her shoulders.

Their friends seems to accept her explanation so they moved on to another topic.

"So Jennie what happened? Why did they change your surname to Kim?" Joy asked.

"I'm sure you know about my father, or uncle as you put it, King Richard. He had a wife who died a few days after childbirth," Jennie paused for a while before continuing. "The truth was that both his wife and newborn daughter had been assassinated. Around the same time, our biological mother already gave birth to Jisoo who was a year older already. Nobody knew what happened to the Queen except that she died due to extreme pain from childbirth and to cover up the murder of our cousin, my father convinces Jessica to have me then after I was conceived, I was taken. New Zealand was unstable at that time and things would have gotten worst had word got out to the public about the assassination."

"What happened to the assassin? Did you guys manage to get him in the end?" Irene asked.

"The assassin was shot dead almost instantly after he murdered our aunt and cousin," Jisoo answered solemnly.

"I still don't get it. Why didn't they just announce that both died of disease or something? Why did they have to take Jennie?" Seulgi said.

"It's not as simple as that," Hanbin said. "There was a motive. And that was to wipe out the royal family. It was more for safety reasons. If the crown princess was proclaimed dead, the nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter