Chapter 19

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa was really worried about the hate mail Jennie received. According to her, it was the second time but she always brushed it aside.

"Jennie received this just now," Lisa showed the note to the rest of the gang. She thought the others should know.

"Another one?" Hanbin frowned.

"And judging from what it said, it probably came from the same person," Jisoo said.

"You mean this is not the first?" Rosé asked worried.

"Relax guys!" Jennie said getting annoyed. Her friends were getting worried for nothing. "For all we know it's just a prank," Jennie continued. "There's nothing to worry about."

"Jennie's right. But it could be from someone who is jealous of you too," Rosé said.

"You could be in danger couz," Jisoo looked at her with worried eyes. "The person hasn't done anything that bad yet but it doesn't mean he or she won't. You have to be careful."

"But that person could be a 'they' too. For all we know, a few of them could have ganged up," Joy added.

"You guys are just thinking too much! Seriously!" Jennie said in exasperation.

 

... ... ...

 

It was now life skills lesson with Mr. Kwon Jiyong.

The students were all in the kitchen for the cooking module. They were all paired and as usual. Lisa and Jennie were placed together.

"Jennie, you have to separate the dry ingredients from the wet ones!" Lisa said horrified when Jennie simply dumped all the ingredients in one bowl and started mixing.

They were baking a cake today and Lisa knew that with Jennie's 'terrific' cooking skills, she would have a hard time passing that module.

"What difference does it make? Everything is going into the oven anyway," Jennie replied.

"Mix in one direction Jennie," Lisa told her. "And you're doing it too fast. Here, pass that to me," Lisa snatched the bowl from her and Jennie scowled back at her.

One hour later...

"It doesn't taste that bad," Jennie said taking a bite of the chocolate cake. "It's actually quite good."

"And who would you thank for that?" Lisa teased.

"Me!" Jennie replied indignantly.

"Sure thing princess," Lisa chuckled at her girlfriend.

"Stop calling me that!" Jennie said slightly annoyed. "And take this, it's yours. Bring it home for your mum to try. She would probably want to taste the cake that you made," Jennie added as she handed a small box to Lisa.

They had made three small cakes, one for each of them to bring home, and the last one to be graded.

"My mother, she... she died when I was six," Lisa said quietly.

Jennie almost gasped at what she heard. She immediately wanted to kick herself in the gut for being insensitive.

"S-sorry. I didn't know..." Jennie mumbled, feeling guilty at what she said.

"It's alright. I didn't tell you," Lisa assured her.

Jennie kept quiet. She had no idea what to say to Lisa.

"So what are you doing this summer vacation? Are you going anywhere?" Lisa asked Jennie changing the subject. Summer vacation was a few days away.

"Oh, Jisoo and I are going back to New Zealand to see our parents," Jennie told her.

"Oh..." Lisa said disappointed, looks like she was not going to see Jennie for a while.

 

... ... ...

 

Days had passed and the summer vacation had begun and Jisoo and Jennie both had returned to New Zealand.

Life without Jennie made Lisa very lonely, she wanted the vacation to end soon so that she could see her again.

It was now dinner time and Lisa made her way to the huge dining room which could seat over twenty people. Lisa noticed that the table for two was set up.

Lisa had eaten alone most of the time ever since her mother died. Her father was always busy with work and Lisa seldom saw the man.

"He's here," It was more of a statement than a question.

"Yes young mistress,” Seungri the butler replied. "But he will be leaving for New Zealand tomorrow."

Lisa's ears perked up the moment she heard New Zealand.

Jennie's there! Lisa thought with glee.

Just then, Lisa heard the clearing of a throat. Her father had entered the dining room.

Dinner as usual was very quiet. Lisa and the old man never talked.

"Can I come with you to New Zealand?" Lisa asked quietly.

It seemed to be the first conversation she had with her father for a long time. She looked at his father who was dabbing his mouth with the napkin.

His father had just finished e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter