Chapter 17

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie sat on one of the windowsills. She pulled her knees to her chest as she wrapped her arms around her legs. She watched the rain fall from her bedroom window. It was quite unusual for it to rain at that time of the season.

Today was the summer dance and Jennie was not attending. She could not bear to see Lisa dancing around with Mina.

No. She was not strong enough.

Just then, Jisoo knocked on the door and entered.

"Hey couz, what would you like for dinner?" Jisoo asked gently.

Jennie turned to her cousin and noticed that she was wearing a plain white shirt and khaki shorts.

"Jisoo, don't you have any idea what time it is? The dance has started and you're not even dressed yet!" Jennie chided.

Jisoo grinned, "Well that's because I'm not going couz."

"What?" Jennie said in alarm. "Then what about Rosé?"

"Don't worry. Rosé doesn't mind. In fact, she went to attend some dinner with her father," Jisoo replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"You don't have to do this you know..." Jennie said quietly. "You should have gone and have a great time with the rest."

"I know," Jisoo replied gently. "But I want to do this. There is no way I'm leaving you alone here. Besides, what makes you think I can have fun without you around?"

Jennie was really touched. She really did have the best cousin in the world.

Turning to the window again, Jennie asked Jisoo, "I'm weak and pathetic aren't I?"

"Don't say that!" Jisoo suddenly got mad. "Don't you dare say that because you are not!"

"Then w-why am I like this?" Jennie was in the brink of tears.

"Because you are only human..." Jisoo replied gently this time. Walking over to the window where Jennie was, she wrapped her arm around Jennie and hugged her. "We are only human..." she said.

Suddenly, the phone rang, interrupting the cousins’ moment.

It was Jisoo who picked up the phone. "Hello?" she answered.

"Jisoo?" Irene spoke. She sounded urgent. "Where's Jennie? I have to talk to her! NOW!"

"What? Is everything alright? What happened?" Jisoo asked in alarm.

"Just put her on the phone Jisoo," Irene commanded. "You can put it on loud speaker too if you want."

 

Meanwhile, at the Manoban mansion...

Ding dong!

The bell rang. It was Seungri, the old butler who answered the door.

"I need to speak to Lisa Manoban. Is she still at home?"

Seungri was about to call for her young mistress when Lisa walked up behind him.

"Seungri, who's there?" Lisa asked.

"It's me," the visitor replied.

Lisa stared in shock.

A drenched Hanbin was at her doorway. It was pouring heavily.

What's HE doing here? Shouldn't HE be at the dance with Jennie? Lisa thought.

"I see you're not dressed yet," Hanbin said coldly.

"That's because I'm not going," Lisa replied equally as cold. She then motioned Seungri to leave her and Hanbin alone.

"What's the matter? Getting cold feet?" Hanbin taunted.

What the hell does he want? He's already going with Jennie. Does he want me to watch too? Lisa thought.

"If you're here just to pick a fight with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter