Chapter 24

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another long chapter for all of you! enjoy reading!

 

Hanbin suddenly appeared out of nowhere, surprising the other party.

The brown-haired girl froze and attempted to make a run for it but Hanbin quickly jumped in and blocked her from escaping.

"You're not going anywhere just yet," Hanbin said.

"W-What do you w-want f-from me?" the brown-haired girl whimpered.

"I really didn't expect it to be you," Hanbin said. "I always thought it would be someone like Myoui."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," the girl replied.

"I guess it's always the quiet one you have to be most wary of. It actually makes sense if you think about it," Hanbin continued. Moving closer to the frightened girl, Hanbin grabbed her hand and with his other hand, he pulled a piece of paper from the girl's grasp.

 

Flashback…

Hanbin was walking alone in the hallway when he noticed a suspicious student lurking around Jennie's locker.

"Hey you!" Hanbin shouted pointing a finger to the boy.

The boy jumped in surprise and when he saw Hanbin making his way towards him, he panicked and made a run for it.

"Come back here, you!" Hanbin yelled as he dashed after the boy, skillfully dodging the students who were in his way.

The boy ran out of the school building and continued running across the field. The soccer team was having their practice there at that time. "Watch out!" one of the soccer members yelled. At that moment, the boy turned around to see the ball flying towards him. Attempting to dodge the ball, the boy staggered and tripped over his own feet, landing heavily with a thud on the grass.

Before the poor boy could get up, Hanbin jumped in and pounced on him.

Holding the boy by his collar, Hanbin yelled at the poor boy. "Who are you and what were you trying to do?"

The boy stared in fright and the intimidating Hanbin.

"What's your name?" Hanbin asked again.

"D-Daehwi," the boy stammered.

"And what were you thinking of doing?" Hanbin asked.

The boy, known as Daehwi quavered. "I-I was only t-trying t-to give t-this to J-J-Jennie," he said as he pulled a piece of paper out from his pocket.

Hanbin snatched the paper and read its contents. "A love letter?" Hanbin questioned.

"Y-Yes," the boy said terrified.

Hanbin then got off the poor Daehwi as he straightened his uniform. "Stop wasting your time," Hanbin told him as he walked away from the Daehwi who was still lying on the grass.

Hanbin couldn't believe that he had just wasted his time and energy on some boy with a crush on his best friend. Just then, someone called out his name and a blonde-haired girl ran towards him.

"Hanbin, we need to talk," the girl said. "There's something I have to tell you."

"What is it Chaeyeon?" Hanbin asked the girl.

 

"You are going stop your nonsense and apologize to Jennie," Hanbin said sternly to the girl.

"Why should I?" the girl shot back with a newfound courage. "She doesn't deserve to be with Lisa!"

"And you think you do?" Hanbin spat out. "You are nothing compared to Jennie! Nothing! Jennie is the most eligible girl in this world. It's Manoban that doesn't deserve her!"

"Why?" the girl cried, confused at what he said.

Hanbin watched the brown-haired girl break down. Though what she did was unacceptable, Hanbin felt pity for the poor girl.

"But it's not fair," she sobbed.

"It's never fair, Chaeryeong," Hanbin said softer this time. "Life's never fair."

 

... ... ...

 

It was the next day and Lisa and Jennie were making their way to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Jennie! Lisa!" Hanbin called out as he ran to catch up with the couple. "You guys have to know something!"

Jennie and Lisa stopped and turned around to wait for their friend. "What's up Hanbin?" Jennie asked.

"I found..." Hanbin started.

Just then, Seulgi and Irene appeared and interrupted Hanbin.

"There you are Jennie! Come on! The other girls are waiting for you!" Irene said as she pulled Jennie away to the other end of the cafeteria.

"Huh? What's going on?" Jennie asked puzzled as she watched Seulgi ushering Lisa and Hanbin to another table where Jisoo and a grumpy Wendy was sitting.

"It's the annual fundraising competition," Joy told the confused raven-haired.

"I thought fundraising is all about charity. How does competition fit in exactly?" Jennie asked.

"Well it's actually a fund-raising festival. But we compete to see who raises the most funds, boys versus girls but in our case, it’s those idiots versus our team. The losers become slaves for the week for our gang," Irene explained to Jennie pointing at where Lisa, Jisoo, Seulgi, Wendy and Hanbin were sitting and was also busy talking about the fund-raising event.

 

... ... ...

 

"Alright girls! Let's show to those idiots what we're really made of!" Rosé said as clenched her fist, raising her arm up. The gentle and sweet girl was no longer recognizable as she and her girl friends prepared for 'battle'.

"It's war!" Wendy declared. "Be prepared to get pulverized woman!" Wendy smirked while pointing at Joy who’s standing in front of her with crossed arms.

"Look who's talking," Joy replied smugly. "Last time I checked, you guys were the ones who got your sorry kicked."

"Not this time girls!" Jisoo said. "We're going to take back what's ours."

"We would like to see you try couz," Jennie joined in. "Just don't go crying home to Dalgomie."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter