Chapter 23

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many days had passed, the holidays were over, and it was now the first week of school. The students were gathered in the hall for the casting of the roles.

For that semester, life skills classes were replaced by a combined drama class. The gym teachers were the teachers in charge of the drama class.

"For the role of the princess," Miss Sandara Park announced. The whole hall turned silent in anticipation of the casting.

Just then, Mina stood up smirking as she walked towards Miss Sandara, waving to the seated students.

"Miss Myoui, what do you think you're doing?" Miss Sandara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm waving to all my royal subjects of course," Mina replied smugly.

Sandara looked at Mina as if she had lost her sanity. "For the role of the princess," Miss Sandara tried again. "Lisa Manoban!"

"WHAT?" Lisa and Mina shouted at the same time.

"But I'm supposed to be the princess!" Mina screamed horrified that she didn't get the role.

"Miss Park, there must be s-some m-mistake," Lisa protested. "I-I'm not fit to be a princess!"

Everyone was bursting into fits of laughter.

"Don't worry Lisa," Jisoo laughed. "Your role is easy! All you have to do is to pretend to sleep!"

"... Kim Jisoo!" Sandara said.

"Huh? Yes?" Jisoo asked wiping a tear from her eye.

"Dude! You're the prince!" Seulgi told Jisoo.

"WHAT?" Jisoo exclaimed.

"SILENCE!" Miss Sandara barked. All the students became quiet with the exception of Jisoo who was whimpering away. "The roles are drawn randomly and are final! Rehearsals start tomorrow. Class dismissed!"

"Nooo! I don't want to be the prince!" Jisoo was wailing like a child. "I don't want to kiss Lisa!"

"Oh it up little cousin," Jennie laughed. Then she leaned over and whispered dangerously into her ear, "Besides, you've already done it before. So what's the problem now?"

Jisoo immediately quietened. "H-How d-did you know?" Jisoo stuttered.

"Hanbin told me." Jennie smiled mischievously at her cousin before continuing, "You should really be ashamed of yourself little couz," she told her. "Lisa's taking this a lot better than you."

Jennie then looked at her girlfriend who was standing by herself in the corner of the hall. She looked as if she was about to cry.

"I'm the white fairy Jennie!" Rosé came running in excitement, flagging a piece of paper she had taken from Miss Park.

With all the buzz and commotion earlier, no one heard the casting of the other roles despite Miss Sandara's booming voice.

"And I'm the... tree? Huh?" Seulgi said when she took the piece of paper from Rosé.

"It means you're one of the props, idiot!" Irene told her.

"And Wendy’s the cranky old woman!" Joy laughed.

"I didn't know there's a cranky old woman in sleeping beauty," Irene said.

"Well technically, Wendy’s the old lady at the tower with the spinning wheel. But knowing Wendy’s, she'll probably screw up the role and become a cranky old woman," Joy replied matter-of-factly.

"Hey watch what you're saying woman!" Wendy yelled at Joy. "I can so act! I will not screw it up!"

"Oh yea?" Joy challenged.

"Watch me!" Wendy’s said defiantly.

 

... ... ...

 

It was now the first day of rehearsals and everyone was gathered around the school theatre.

"Scene six! ACTION!" Miss Sandara, the director, yelled.

It was the scene at the tower. Lisa appeared on stage walking to Wendy’s who was spinning.

"Hello. What are you doing?" Lisa asked.

"What do you think? What does it look like I'm doing?" Wendy’s shot back.

"CUT!" Miss Sandara barked. "You've got the words wrong Miss Son! You're supposed to say 'I'm spinning'! Again! Back to positions... and ACTION!"

"I'm spinning!" Wendy’s said.

"CUT!" Miss Sandara shouted again.

"What now?" Wendy asked angrily.

"You're supposed to a kind and gentle old lady! Not a cranky old one who is menopausing!" Miss Sandara replied impatiently. "Alright! We'll work on this scene later. Next scene!"

 

... ... ...

 

"Scene eight! ACTION!" Miss Sandara shouted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter