Chapter 20

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The trumpets sounded, playing the fanfare and announcing the arrival of the princess.

Everyone looked up towards the marble staircase. They were all excited. Nobody knew how the princess of New Zealand really looked like. She was kept away from the media and the public her whole life.

Of course, there were some who knew but tonight was her first formal appearance. Even so, the press was not invited to this private event ensuring that the public will not know her until her debut on her eighteenth birthday.

"Presenting, her royal highness, Princess Jennifer Rubyjane Kim of New Zealand!"

Everyone stared in awe of the raven-haired princess standing on top of the stairs. They were captivated by her radiance and her beauty.

Jennie began her descent with the poise and grace instilled in her as a child.

Calm down Jennie! she told herself. Everything's going to be fine. Just breathe. You can deal with the consequences later and hope for the best. Breathe. That's right. Five more steps. Three... two...

Jennie finally made it. Her father, who was waiting for her down the stairs, was beaming with pride.

"Jennie, I would like you to meet someone," the King smiled at his daughter.

Taking her father's arm, Jennie followed the King. Somehow, her heart was beating furiously. She had a bad feeling about this meeting.

"Jennie, this is my friend Chairman of the Manoban Corporation, Marco Manoban. Marco, this is my lovely daughter Jennie," the King introduced.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir," Jennie curtsied.

Marco Manoban merely nodded his head.

Jennie looked up at the cold man in front of her.

He really is Lisa's father. No doubt about that... Jennie thought.

"She's a beauty Richard," Marco finally spoke. "She really looks after Jessica. Speaking of whom, how is she?"

"Well you know my sister, you can never tame her. She's as free-spirited and as wild as ever. She's currently climbing Mount Everest with Yuri," Richard laughed.

"I wonder how she keeps up with her," Marco mustered up a small smile. "I suppose personality wise, Jennie took from Yuri."

"That's where you're wrong Marco," Richard chuckled. "Looks and personality wise, she's definitely a Jessica. The only thing she got from Yuri is her raven hair."

"You're majesty! Chairman!" someone called out.

"Donghee," Richard said as a chubby balding man walked towards them.

"How are your majesty and the chairman?" Donghee asked. "Ah! Princess! It's so good to finally meet you! You really are such a beauty! Everyone here can't take their eyes of you!"

Definitely a Shin, Jennie thought in disgust. He must be Kai's father.

"I must introduce you to my son Princess! He's name is Kai and he is a handsome young boy! Very charming, you will love him," Shin Donghee said.

It took every ounce of self-control for Jennie not to gag.

That confirms it... She thought.

"Yes there will be plenty of time for introduction later Donghee. Anyway, I don't see any of the girls and boys around. Jisoo, Lisa, Hanbin and Kai are not here," Richard said.

"It would seem that the younger generation are not into social gatherings anymore," someone commented.

Everyone turned around to see who had spoken. It was Song Kang.

"Or it could also be that they are trying to get to know each in their own way to strengthen the bonds of our countries," Jennie reasoned. "They are after all, the future leaders of the generation."

"Excellent comment your highness," Kang said. "I'm sure you'll make a fine Queen of New Zealand someday..." he mused.

 

... ... ...

 

Flashback...

Hanbin was taking a stroll in the south wing garden. It was a beautiful night. The crescent moon illuminated the stone path he followed as the cool evening breeze gently touched his face. The south wing garden was also known as the rose garden. Roses of myriads of colors filled the entire garden.

As Hanbin was about to head back to the grand ballroom to look for Jisoo and Jennie, he heard two familiar voices. Taking cover among the tall rose bushes, Hanbin listened to their conversation.

"Manoban! What are you doing here?"

"I didn't expect to see you here as well."

"Well what can you expect, I am basically royalty!"

"Is that so?"

"Don't play games with me Manoban! Cut your crap and tell me where she went!"

"I don't believe you're in any position to tell me what to do."

"How dare you talk to me like that! I just had enough of you always disturbing MY Jennie!"

"For your information, she's not your Jennie. She's mine. She has agreed to be my girlfriend."

"Oh yea? If she's your girlfriend, why isn't she your date for this party?"

It was quiet for a while. Hanbin didn't hear Lisa rebutting.

"Aha! I knew it! She didn't come here with you! Meaning someone else took her here!"

"She didn't come here with you either."

Hanbin heard enough. He knew that Jennie was in trouble and that he had to find her soon. After managing to contact her, Hanbin found her and Jisoo in the south wing study.

"What? BOTH of them saw me?" Jennie panicked.

"Calm down, Jennie. They only saw you. They don't know you're the princess. They thought that you were someone else's date." Hanbin told Jennie.

"Great. How reassuring," Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Seriously Jennie, you don't have to worry. We can easily make an excuse why you're here. Just say I begged you to come because I desperately needed a date so that my mother would stop nagging." Hanbin said.

"Yes but you're forgetting one thing," Jisoo said. "Jennie's going to be formally introduced to the guests later on."

"They don't have to find out..." Hanbin said. "Jennie just have to be with them somewhere else at the time of her introduction..."

"But how can she be at two places at the same time?" Jisoo asked.

"I can't," Jennie replied. Something in Jennie's eyes, however, told Jisoo that she had it all figured out.

Suddenly, Jisoo was hit with a realization. "I don't like this at all," she told her.

"It's not as if we have much of a choice!" Jennie replied.

"Can't we just knock them out? Or lock them inside a room until it's over?" Jisoo asked desperately.

"Are you forgetting who their fathers are? We can't do that to them and expect to get away with it!" Jennie said. "You will have to distract them!"

"And what makes you think we'll get away w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter