Chapter 21

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

another long chapter...

 

"Lisa! Oh umm... Err... Well... You see... You were gone for a really long time and I got tired of waiting. Yup, that's it!" Jennie said nervously.

"Oh sorry about that... I got lost..." Lisa said slightly embarrassed.

"Have you met your father?" Jennie asked. In her mind, Jennie was thanking God for letting her slip away from the ballroom just in time.

"Yea. He didn't look particularly too happy though. He wanted me to meet the princess. If you ask me, he probably just wanted to match make us but of course I'm not interested,” Lisa replied. "Besides, she's probably very stuck-up, full of herself, and spoilt rotten."

"No she's not!" Jennie nearly shouted.

Lisa raised an eyebrow. "You know her?"

"Err..." Jennie fumbled with her words. "No... Not really... I mean I don't know her personally," Jennie lied.

Lisa continued to look at Jennie oddly. Feeling uncomfortable, Jennie fidgeted around.

"But Hanbin knows her!" Jennie quickly added. "She and Hanbin are friends! You know... Hanbin is nobility... He's the son of a count... He told me lots of stuff about her!"

"Oh... I guess I'm wrong..." Lisa told Jennie. "Shall we go then? Your voice sounds better now but I still want you to go home and rest."

 

... ... ...

 

"You can turn right here and stop at number twelve," Jennie told the driver.

The black Mercedes turned into a narrow road and came to a halt in front of a metal gate. It took nearly an hour to reach there. The house was located in one of New Zealand's mountains.

"My parents like to live in the countryside," Jennie explained. "It's quieter here."

Jennie and Lisa entered the property through the smaller side gate. "Watch your step," Jennie warned as she and Lisa climbed down the curved stone steps towards the front porch.

Being in a mountainous area, the ground was unlevelled. The ground of the gate to the front door was nearly a whole level down.

"Come on in," Jennie said as she opened the front door and switched on all the lights.

The bedrooms were on a raised wooden platform on the left and a bar counter separated the kitchen and the living room on the right. Right in the middle was a giant glass sliding door leading to the veranda.

Jennie opened the doors wide to let the cool mountain fresh air in. Walking into the veranda with Jennie, Lisa noticed a small lagoon-shaped swimming pool below the veranda glistening in the moonlight. Cobblestones paved its way down to the pool and pine trees laid randomly across the carpet grass. Wildflowers, colors of all sorts, surrounded and lined the edges of the hilly garden.

Walking into the maple kitchen, Jennie took out a small saucepan. "Want some hot chocolate?" Jennie offered as she pulled the chocolate pastilles and milk out from the refrigerator.

"Wow, you can make hot chocolate?" Lisa asked surprised.

"Are you mocking me?" Jennie glared at Lisa. "I'm not kitchen illiterate."

"I never said you were!" Lisa quickly said.

"If you do not wish to have some, just tell me," Jennie told her, annoyed.

"Jennie, you know I didn't mean it that way..." Lisa tried to tell her. "And of course I want to have some..."

Lisa bit her lips as she waited for Jennie's response anxiously. She should have known better than to comment on Jennie's cooking.

Jennie continued to ignore Lisa as she made the hot chocolate. In all honesty, hot chocolate was the only thing Jennie knew how to make. For a girl who couldn't differentiate domestic appliances, it was weird that Jennie could do something such as using a saucepan to melt some chocolate.

"Where are your parents?" Lisa asked trying to get Jennie to talk. The silence was killing her.

"Overseas," Jennie simply replied.

Suddenly, Lisa heard a growl.

BOOM! CRASH! BANG!

Everything happened so fast. The next thing Lisa knew, she was lying on the ground with a burning sensation on her chest.

"No Luca!" Lisa heard Jennie shout. "Naughty Luca! Out! Get out of the house! Go!" Jennie shooed the cub away. "Oh my gosh Lisa! Are you alright?"

"Yea I think so," Lisa replied as she got up. "What was that?"

"My overweight cat," Jennie lied, fidgeting. "Wait here ok? I'll go check up on Luca and get some stuff for your burns."

A few minutes later, Jennie came back with a cold towel and some cream. She ordered Lisa to take off her shirt.

"Does it hurt?" Jennie asked Lisa as she treated her burns.

"No, don't worry," Lisa assured her.

"Liar..." Jennie accused. "I know it hurts. I'm really sorry. Luca's not used to strangers... Don't get mad at him ok?"

"It's alright really," Lisa said.

"No it's not!" Jennie insisted. "It's my fault! I'll make it up to you somehow!"

"Well if you insist..." Lisa said. "How about you take me around New Zealand tomorrow?"

"Like on a date?" Jennie blushed.

"Yes," Lisa confirmed turning crimson as well. "Just the two of us... No Jisoo... No Hanbin... No Luca..." she smiled.

"Yes," Jennie smiled back. "I would like that."

 

... ... ...

 

"Sis! I'm home!" Jisoo suddenly burst through the front door.

"Jisoo? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be..." Jennie said surprised.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter