Chapter 16

Just A Typical High School Drama (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later on in the evening...

Jennie was lying lazily on the couch watching television. The cousins had just finished eating dinner and Jisoo was doing the dishes by herself in the kitchen. Jennie was practically banned from doing any chores because that would basically mean more work for Jisoo considering how undomesticated Jennie was.

Click. Click. Click. 

That was the sound when Jennie was flipping through three hundred over channels. After deciding that there was nothing nice on television, Jennie trudged up the stairs and went into her room. 

It was only eight-thirty in the evening but Jennie decided to retire for the night.

Jennie was lying in bed when Lily snuggled up beside her. Lily would always sleep with Jennie. In the beginning, Jennie found it weird to have something hard and cold snuggling up beside her. But after a while, Jennie got used to it.

Knock. Knock.

There was a sudden knock on Jennie's door. Instantly, Lily jumped out of bed and started talking.

"It's Jisoo! It's Jisoo!" Lily said in its mechanical voice. Lily was able to detect Jisoo's presence.

"Yup, couz it's me," Jisoo said as she opened the door.

"Hello! Good evening! Good evening Jisoo!" Lily greeted.

"Hello Lily, why don't you go out and chase after Dalgomie for a while," Jisoo suggested.

After watching the yellowish golden mechanical kitten run out of the room, Jennie spoke, "I thought you're afraid of Lily fighting with your Dalgomie!"

"Nah, I'm sure Lisa programmed Lily in a way that it won't always fight with Dalgomie," Jisoo replied.

Jennie flinched when she heard Jisoo saying Lisa's name. She has been a bit jumpy lately when it came to Lisa. But she recovered in a short while and retorted, "But that's not what you told me the last time."

"Yea I know, but listen," Jisoo said. "I need to talk to you."

"Aren't we talking now?" Jennie said cheekily.

"I mean seriously," Jisoo's tone was grave. It was as if someone died.

"Yea sure," Jennie replied as she moved over to the side of her queen size bed to make way for Jisoo to sit on the other side.

"I know I've been a little protective of you..." Jisoo started.

Jennie wanted to say that 'over' was a better word but she knew times like that were not meant for her little remarks.

Jisoo continued, "I want you to be happy. I want to protect you. You're my only cousin. You're practically like my twin. My life will be incomplete without you."

Jennie remained quiet and merely listened to her cousin speak.

"So to cut to the point, I want you to go to the dance. Ask Lisa to go with you. Don't worry. I won't harass her unless she really crosses the line. But then again, she's really a gentlewoman so she won't do it. Though it doesn't appear to the other girls, she really is one when it comes to someone she cares about. And Jennie, I know she cares for you a great deal."

"But Jisoo," Jennie finally said. "The dance is not..."

"I know it's not your cup of tea," Jisoo interrupted. "If you won't do it for yourself, then do it for me. We're cousins. We do everything together. We see the dentist together, we go to the dance together and have double dates and yes, this is partly so that I can keep an eye on you. You were not in this school for the last dance and now that you are, I really like you to come for this one. I know I sound so cheesy and mushy and stuff, but I mean it. Hell, I even want to have a double wedding with you! There I said it! I'm officially the..."

"Best cousin in the world," Jennie finished the sentence before jumping on Jisoo to give her a bear hug. But of course, being Jennie, she just had to ruin the moment by giving a remark. "You do know that being all sentimental and stuff is supposed to be the girl's job right?"

“Yah! What do you think of me? I’m a girl too you know,” Jisoo complained.

“But you act more like a big brother because of your over-protectiveness,” Jennie pouted. “So it’s should be my job.”

"Well someone has to take on that role since you won't do it," Jisoo replied cooly.

After a while, Jisoo spoke again, "So what do you say? Are you going to ask her?"

"Well yea, I suppose so..." Jennie said. "Jisoo?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter