Daegu

Rhythms Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They took a flight out of Jeju to go to Daegu. They arrived at Yoongi’s home town around midday. They took a taxi back to Yoongi’s parent’s house. He didn’t tell them of their sudden visit. He wanted to surprise his family especially bringing two important people in his life back to introduce to his parents. The drive from the airport was fine with the sun was shining brightly in Daegu. “....appa..who are we visiting here?....” Youngjoon asked all of a sudden. “...we are going to meet my abeoji and eomma.....” Yoongi simply answered. “...you mean my grandparents....” Youngjoon added. “.....yes...are you excited?.....” the pale man said as he touched the boy’s head. Youngjoon nodded his head with a wide smile on his face.

 

It didn’t take that long to arrive at Yoongi’s parent’s house. They stepped out of the taxi. “....let’s go inside...”. It’s been quite a while since Yoongi last came home. Yoongi pressed the bell after a few rings the door opened revealing a man who looked like Yoongi just bit older than him “....annyong haseyo ...hyung...” Yoongi greeted then bowed his head. “...Yoongi!...why didn’t you tell us that you are coming...” “..it’s a last minute plan ...” Yoongi answered. “...hyung...meet... Hwa Young..my fiancé....” Yoongi’s brother eyes widened “...really?....pleasure to meet you....I’m Min Jun Ki ...Yoongi’s older brother.....” “...Hwa Young Imnida...please to meet you...” Hwa Young bowed her head “..oppa...call me oppa...” ....hyung...this is Youngjoon ...my son...our son...” Jun ki wwas speechless “....hello..there....I’m your samcheon...Uncle Jun Ki...” the boy bow his head but Yoongi’s brother was to overwhelmed with the news. He lifted the boy and carried him in his arm. “...uncle Jun Ki...put me down..I’m not a small baby now...” “..aren’t you just too cute...” Jun Ki piched his nose “..c’mon let’s meet abeoji and eomma...they must be excited with all these surprise...”. “...Jun Ki...whoever at the door ...just let them in!....” they can hear Yoongi’s father’s voice shouting from the living room. “....annyong haseyo...abeoji...Eomma....”. Yoongi greeted them as he walked into the living room. Both Mr and Mrs Min were sitting in the living room drinking some tea. Both elders looks at him. “....Yoongi...you are here...you didn’t tell us that you re coming....” then her mother’s gaze moved to Hwa Young and Youngjoon who was still in Jun Ki’s arm. He put the boy down on his feet. “..Eomma ..abeoji...I think it’s better you sit down here ..Yoongi needs to do some explaination...” both elders now sat on the couch “...now son...tell us what you need to tell us....” his father’s words brought the chill to his bone.

 

The three of them kneeled down on the floor then lifted their bodies to face the two elders after paying their respect. “....abeoji....eomma.....this is Hwa Young my fiancé....and this is Youngjoon.... our son..I’m sorry to keep this from you...as you know I was put into a marriage situation with Yeon Hee...”. Mr Min gulped a saliva calmly while his wife’s mouth open a gap. “....I didn’t know Youngjoon’s existence not until after seven years....to cut long story short....I met Hwa Young again after the long seven years.....and only I met my son....eomma..abeoji...I know I have done wrong ...and this time I want to make things right between us....I’m sorry for all the things I have done....please forgive me.....” Yoongi completed his words and lowered his head. Mrs Min could not helped herself , she let out as soft cried and stood up approaching her beautiful son “....Yoongi..you are our son..we will always support and care for you....I love you my son....” the older woman pulled Yoongi into her arms and she cried while stoking the back of Yoongi’ hair “...I’m sorry eomma...” Yoongi shed some tears too then they pulled away and Mrs Min shifted her gaze to Hwa Young “...you must have suffered a lot...please forgive my son....and please stay by his side from now on....” the older woman then hugged the younger woman who was already in tears. “..thank you Mrs Min...for accepting me and Youngjoon in your family...” “...call me eomma from now on..you are my daughter in law soon to be...” Mrs Min did not wait for Hwa Young to finished her words. Mr Min clears his throat “..I think we’ve done with the tears....welcome to the family ..Hwa Young...” his eyes shifted to Youngjoon who has been quiet only to watch the happy scenes. “....come here...Youngjoon..you are my grandson...I’m so proud to have you....” Mr Min called for the boy to come and sit next to him. “...okay...I think tonight we should celebrate!..” Jun Ki announced excitedly “..I can book a reservation at a good restaurant...” he added. “...nonsense!...we are having dinner here....” Mrs Min quickly declined to the suggestion. “...Yoongi... you can show Hwa Young to your room.....” His mother told him pointing to go upstairs. Yoongi’s house was just an average typical Korean resident. “...Youngjoon can sleep with me...” Jun Ki cut in and held the boy’s hand.

 

“.....the room isn’t as big as my room in Seoul....sorry about that...” Yoongi told her as he put down the small hand luggage on the bed. Hwa Young scanned through the room “...hey..don’t forget ...I used to a small room....” she responded as she lifted up a small photo frame of Yoongi and his brother. “...this must be you...” she said with a smile. “...emm..yes...I was just five and hyung was eight ....”. “..you two must be very close....” Hwa Young added. “....he’s my only sibling....but there’s other six idiots I called brothers too.....I just can’t live without them....but now I have you...you are my everything...” Yoongi held her by the shoulder then he cupped her face with his two hands. He kissed her on the lips. She responded to the kiss which only lasted for about two minutes. “...I need to help your mom in the kitchen.....” Hwa Young said as she pulled away “....are you sure?.....” Yoongi asked in concerned but the girl just nodded her he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter