Together

Rhythms Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“….Yoongi…we need to talk….” Hwa Young asked as the pale man walked back into his apartment. “…what about?....” he asked back in passing. “….it’s about Youngjoon….he saw.. ..emm..us...I mean…this morning….”. Hwa Young uncomfortably told the pale man. “…I know….” He said carelessly. “…what?...what do you mean you know?...” Hwa Young asked in confused. “…I heard you were talking this morning….”. Yoongi responded as if not worrying anything. “..so?...what do you think?....” the girl asked again worriedly. “…what I think….you should just relax …it is a good thing that Youngjoon understand the situation…” Yoongi said as he came approaching her and held her by the shoulder. “…don’t worry…it should be alright…” Hwa Young bit her lips she wanted to ask more. What about them? Does that mean there will be no ‘us’? what happen to their hot love making last night? Was it nothing to him just like before? so many things she wanted to say but it’s sealed and was left unsaid.

 

“…you look upset…..” Yoongi moved his hand caressing her cheek. “….Hwa Young stared at him “…..w..what are we now?....” she asked stuttering. She was too scared to know the truth. What if she was just another girl he spent the night with, what if he does not feel anything for her, what if he still loves his girl friend which Hwa Young was sure of. There were so many ‘what if’ scenarios playing in her head. “…I’ve told you that I want you to stay by my side again….didn’t I?....” Yoongi told her with his eyes looking straight at her. He pulled her closer against his chest and held her tight in his embrace. “…..don t leave me again Hwa Young…I need you in my life….” The girl couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She pulled away and looked at him “…..I won’t…” Yoongi closed the gap and kissed her softly on the mouth. They both pulled away from each other “….we better stop before I lose control of myself again…” Yoongi smirked when Hwa Young’s face turned very red. “…I need to go back……” she said slowly. “…..I’ll send you back….”. Hwa Young quickly dress herself up in her last night’s clothes. She put Yoongi’s t shirt in a plastic bag. While in the car “…I’ll return this once I’ve washed it…thanks..” she said as she held up the plastic bag. “…you could have just left it..I always have someone to do my laundry weekly….” Yoongi snapped as he turned the vehicle to the main road. The drive was quiet and Hwa Young kept on looking out the window just to avoid looking at Yoongi.

 

“…you shouldn’t try to avoid looking at me….it’s too obvious….” Yoongi teased. “…I did not….’ Hwa Young defended. “..you just did…I know you can’t help it because I’m too good looking…” Yoongi bragged about himself. “….good looking my foot!....” Hwa Young hissed while Yoongi gave out a small laugh. She got off the car once the vehicle stopped in front of the steps up to her apartment. “..thank you…” she said shortly “….I’ll call you…” with that the vehicle moved to the main road and sped off out of sight. There’s a sad feeling left in her heart. She couldn’t understand why but that was how she was feeling right now. Yoongi was confusing her. His actioned just the opposite of his words. Hwa Young made to her bathroom and took a warm shower. She stayed under the shower and let the water washed her sorrow away. She had the feeling that nothing will change between her and Yoongi. Yoongi was just Yoongi. She was the stupid and the pathetic one always from waiting and hoping. She cried under the shower again. She stepped out from the shower and changed to a dry warm clothes. She cooked something for Youngjoon just to get the man off her mind.

 

Youngjoon reached home after his school. “….you are home..honey…go and change first then we’ll eat together…..” Hwa Young intercepted the boy at the door and took his backpack. Over lunch the boy asked “….where is appa?....” “…well..eomma went back this morning and he has work to do….” Hwa Young stopped her words halfway then continued “…..Youngjoon..ah…you know that he’s a busy man and sometimes you will not see him for a while….”. Youngjoon looked at his mother “….I understand eomma…”. Hwa Young smiled weakly as she put more food on Youngjoon’s plate. Her phone ding a notification. She saw an unfamiliar number pops up. She opened to read the message.

 

Unknown : “… my darling..finally I’m back here in korea!.....”

My best friend : “…Hye In..is it really you?....oh my god!....”

Her phone rang immediately after that. “….Hwa Youngie!....I miss you darling!....I’m here finally I’ll be seeing you soon after this…” The girl’s voice so loud that Youngjoon could hear it. “….Hye In…why didn’t you tell me that you are coming home today..I could have waited for you at the airport….” Hwa Young excitedly responded back. “…no..I want to surprise you…now message me your address..I’ll be there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter