Chapter XXV

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later

CEO Office

The shareholder meeting will be held tomorrow.

Jisoo was so busy preparing everything with Jin. She already told her father about her decision. He was obviously against the idea at first but her mom helped her to convince her father. ‘Let Jisoo choose her future, dear. We have never been here for her before. Jisoo grew up without us by her side. So the least we can do for her now, as her parents, is to support her decision.’

Her father couldn’t say anything else but to agree. Afterall, what his wife said is true. That’s the biggest regret he has, if he could turn back the time, he would give more attention to his only child.

After she got her father's agreement, she called Jennie’s father who was currently in Japan. She told him about her decision, he was initially against it too but after a heated argument and so much assurance from jisoo, he finally agreed but with one condition, he wouldn't have to deal with angry Jennie. Jisoo will take it all.

“For the last time, are you sure you want to do this?” Jin asked as he examined the paper in front of him. All the shareholders must sign the agreement paper tomorrow.

“Yes, for 100 times yes” Jisoo rolled her eyes “Quit asking me the same damn thing. I have another problem to think about!”

“Fine” Jin scowled “At least I tried”

“After the shareholder meeting, please schedule a management meeting”

“Eh? You want to announce it on the same day”

“I have to settle some things the very next day. So, I’m taking a day off”

“What the…” Jin protested again “You’re still the official CEO, you can’t abandon me as you wish!”

“Why are you so needy, Jin? I’m just gonna meet someone and not fly out of the country to follow my lover”

“Who? Who is it that you’re going to meet”

“Now you’re even more possessive than Jennie” Jisoo shook her head “Just someone i have to meet. Now let’s focus on the paper, Jin”

“Pardon me if I'm so concerned with you”

“You’re forgiven” Jisoo said easily “Only if you help me to convince shareholders to buy out Dispatch’s shares tomorrow”

“What?!”

His cousin was indeed crazy.

**

Next day

Shareholder meeting unexpectedly went well.

Those old men apparently have been wanting Jisoo out of the picture for so long now. They thought Jisoo was not qualified to handle the company. Even after Jisoo proved herself, they still didn’t like her. The fluctuation of shares these few months put them on the edge, even though none of them were Jisoo’s fault.

Without so much rejection, they signed the paper. They believed Seokjin was the right person to lead the company. It should be Seokjin from the start, they said.

Well, it should have irked Jisoo but no, she was just glad.

I won’t see y’all face every week starting from next month.

She raised her brow at Seokjin when he defended Jisoo in front of them. Unnecessary but still she’s thankful. At least there’s one person who thinks that she’s a capable leader.

“You know, my father has the biggest share here and I will still be acting on behalf of him”

Everyone now shut their mouth.

How could they forget?

“So I would like to propose to buy out Dispatch’s shares, 10% of the IPO”

“I’m against it” One of the shareholders protested, followed by few others

“There’s no benefit in buying shares of that trash company”

“Actually we’ll be benefited a lot. We can control them so they won’t touch our artists, which means you all don’t have to be constantly worried about share fluctuation due to some baseless rumors. Dispatch is the biggest entertainment news outlet in Korea right now and if you remember, we opted out from buying SBS shares last time and we really lost the golden ticket” Jisoo further explained

“With 10% shares we can barely do nothing” One of the shareholders scoffed, finding the idea absurd

“I’ll release 10% of my share here to buy additional 10% there” Jennie’s father, Kim Sang Hyun, suddenly said, he seldom attended the shareholder meetings before but especially came back to attend this one “Only If you all agree to make me the representation of YG there”

Jennie’s father's shares are 20% in YG so if he released half of it means the other shareholders can have more shares on YG, more benefit for them.

“Ok, we agree then” a few of the shareholders voiced out, quite pleased with the prospect of owning more shares in YG.

“So we have 20% now, we’ll be one of the biggest shareholders there I believe” Seokjin said “Any more objection?”

Jennie’s father winked at Jisoo which she gratefully nodded. She proposed the idea to him before and he said he’ll let her know during the meeting.

“Very well” Jisoo summed up the meeting “Seokjin-ssi will take care of the buyout process”

**

Now it’s not the same in management meetings.

The management staff are shocked, very much against Jisoo’s decision. Some are already teary eyed.

“Why CEO-nim?” Jihyo asked, she’s on the verge of crying too. She’s the person that spends a lot of time with Jisoo, handling the company’s PR matters.

Even if Jisoo is dubbed as the evil tyrant CEO, she has always been fair to them. She raised their salary and bonus percentage every year in exchange for all the overtime. Not to mention free food in the canteen and a nice recreation room to take their stress off.

Jisoo truly brings a change to the company in her own way.

“Well, I haven't finished my presentation yet” Jisoo chuckled, this is the first time she’s being carefree in the management meeting “I was about to explain but you all started protesting”

“We’re shocked and still in the denial stage”

“Well, the next news will even be more shocking” Jin told them

“There’s another one??” They shrieked in terror

“Jihyo-sii. I would like to set a press conference” Jisoo tapped her finger against the table ”Please invite all the reporters and especially Dispatch, i will let you know the day and time later”

“But what is it about?”

“First, i will announce that I’m resigning and second i will announce my relationship”

“Huhh???”

“Excuse me, CEO-nim. Why are you announcing your relationship, it’s your personal matt...wait, are you dating someone from the company??” Minjeong's eyes widened “Don’t tell me, it’s one of our artists??”

A series of gasps were heard.

They couldn’t think about who the person is.

“If it’s not Miss Hong then who??”

“I would like to keep it until the announcement day” Jisoo smiled mysteriously, they must be dying to know “All i want to ask is for you all to keep my resigning news for yourself, i don’t want the news spread before I announce it”

“We’ll keep it with us but...are you really stepping down just because of that?” Jihyo asked again “I mean we can handle the dating news like we always do. You don’t have to step down. We need you here CEO-nim. What if your replacement is someone incapable?”

Everyone now dawned in realization that jisoo’s replacement could be someone worse.

“No. There’s another reason, I can’t say it now” Jisoo appreciated the concern “And don’t worry, Seokjin will be taking my place”

“Whatttt??”

Seokjin raised his brow “Any objection?”

“Um..no” Everyone avoided his stare

Well at least it’s someone they knew and had worked with before.

But still...

“What about Lisa-ssi?” One of the staff asked in worry

“She’ll handle YGMA once she’s back” Seokjin said, swaying Lisa’s promotion paper in front of him “Please keep this info within this room, it’s not official yet”

“So...she doesn’t know that CEO-nim is stepping down and on top of that she’s about to be shipped to YGMA?”

“She’ll know about my resignation on the announcement day” Jisoo put her pen down “Let’s not make her worry over nonessential things, she has a big project on her hand right now”

Lisa-ssi will be so furious. Everyone could imagine it. These two are so scary.

“Any further questions?”

“Can at least you give us a hint? The person you’re dating?” One of the staff members asked but immediately shut down upon receiving Jihyo’s glare

Jisoo really needs to raise her salary before she leaves.

“Ok now that we’re done with the first issue. Let’s move to the weekly report” Jisoo wasting no time to grill out everyone “So...finance department, care to explain why the production cost is high?”

**

Jisoo’s day off

At unknown Resto.

“I’m surprised that you agreed to come. You acted all tough but here you are”

Jisoo crossed her arms “I have no time for chit chat. Where’s the photos?”

Jung haughtily laughed “You think I was bluffing?”

He threw an envelope on the table “Just so you know, these are only 2 of the many proofs I have”


 

Jisoo clenched her jaw.

Calm down. Jisoo.

“You better be ready with the money”

“I can sue you”

“Kim Jisoo-ssi” Jung laughed again “I know you’re smart, 200 million won is nothing compared to the damage these pictures have”

“This is gonna be the scandal of the year. You can even lose your position with this” Jung tapped his chin “And Jennie Kim, she’ll get the bigger impact”

“One week left, think wisely” Jung fixed his jacket “I’ll leave those for your souvenir”

He stood up and left the private booth not noticing Jisoo’s little smirk.

RingRingRing

“Yeah Jin?”

[Where are you?]

“Geez. I’m having lunch outside. What is it? Any news from Dispatch?”

[Thanks to my negotiating skill. The shares will be ours, just need to finalize some documents right now and uncle Sang Hyun has to attend the ceremonial event. Which is on your presscon day]

“Oh, why is the timing so perfect?” Jisoo smiled widely “Keep your eyes on this matter. Make sure they won’t change their mind”

[Sure, cousin. I’m a pro at this. While you are having fun with your lunch, i’m here working my out]

“I’ll buy you dinner tonight”

[And red wine or we can forget this]

“And red wine” jisoo huffed, Jin really good at negotiating

**

The usual call with Jennie. A bit late because of Jisoo’s meeting with Jung Ho Joon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter