Chapter XVII

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YGE’s meeting room.

Supposedly one fine day.

"I disagree" jennie glared at her boss

"And why is that?" jisoo wasn't going to be patient even if it's jennie, ESPECIALLY if it's jennie

"Our fans want to buy a mini album not a dictionary, why the hell do we only have 2 tracks inside and a 100 pages photobook in it? Nonsense! We have recorded more than enough for one full album!"

Lisa held in her laugh as she caught jisoo's deadly stare.

"That's why it's a mini album!" jisoo was flabbergasted "All those songs that already recorded before will be put in the full album later"

Jennie looked at jisoo in anger "Later when? You should've told us beforehand, we were very excited thinking that finally we can release more songs for our fans"

"Your job is to sing" jisoo said in her full authority tone "Our job is to decide what product and when to sell"

"Wh..."

"Jennie, stop please" irene put her hand on her member's arms

"Kim sajang, we understand our position very well. It's just that we dreamed of releasing more songs for our fans. They keep asking in our social media"

"If you want to please everyone, you would die young. We cannot accomodate what they want, one by one, irene-ssi. We're a company, we should view everything from business perspective"

"And that's the problem" jennie was fumed "top management never consider our point of view. What's the use of calling us here for discussion if you guys making the decision by yourself"

"Because we know what's best for the company!"

"Oh really?? Then tell me why the new group sales are so low?? The first group that has not sold out since YGE was established!"

Jennie didn't want to bring it out but the top management needed to open their eyes. Especially jisoo.

"The fact that you guys think that we don't know about how the music industry works and want us to accept everything oh so naively, makes me sick!"

Jisoo was about to retort but lisa took the lead

"Ok, calm down jennie" lisa interjected "and you too jisoo"

"We are here to talk not to fight"

Jisoo looked away, calming herself

"But you're right, Jennie. We'll consider your input, i guarantee that" lisa said

Chaeyoung smiled at lisa, she's proud of her girlfriend

***

On the evening

"I thought you would cancel our date" jisoo said while driving "you practically ignored me after our meeting"

Jennie crossed her hands

"I hate you as my boss but i don't hate you as my date"

"Oh thanks God" jisoo sighed in relief "i know i was at fault so i'm sorry"

"Forgiven. Just don't say something like that ever again, we're not stupid, jisoo"

"Yes, sorry again" jisoo placed her palm over jennie's hand to assure her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter