Chapter XXIII

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A light chapter~ i suppose :) 

**

I couldn't sleep last night. Ugh, Jennie will be so worried.

Was the first thought that came to her mind once she realized it’s 5 AM in the morning.

She had tried to sleep, tossing around in her bed for almost 2 hours. Until she gave up.

In the end she spent her time thinking (as expected) and eating spicy ramen. 2 packs.

Jisoo washed her puffy face thoroughly. Putting an extra amount of concealer under her eyes, hoping to hide the noticeable eyebag.

She usually had her simple breakfast at her apartment. Toast and coffee, but today she feels like having a warm soup. Maybe she should stop by 7-11 to grab a take out soup.

Her phone was ringing loudly from the living room.

Who the hell needs me early in the morning. She grumbled.

Soomin called her.

[Yeah?]

[Do you have time today? We need to legalize the acquisition documents, the three of us. Soojoo only has free time today]

[I’ll free my time after lunch, around 1 PM. Where to meet?]

[Great. I’ll text the firm’s address after this. Also Jisoo, you okay? I heard the news]

[Yeah, I’m okay. We’ve settled everything]

They discussed a few things about the legal documents before Soomin bid her goodbye.

[Okay then. See ya later]

Jisoo takes another pair of glasses from her drawers. Guess I have to wear this all day. 

Let’s pray we don’t bump into Jennie today.

*

The young CEO missed her second 7-11 along her way. 

Too caught up with her thinking again.

She drove her car to the back door after seeing some reporters camping in front of the company building. Do they even go home?

“Morning Mr.Go” Stepping out from her car, she greeted her chief security “Make sure not to let non workers coming in today unless it’s important”

“Morning miss Kim. Yes, we’ll  thoroughly scan everyone who's coming inside”

Jisoo nodded and made her way to the designated lift for her.

“Morning” a grave voice greeted her

Jisoo raised her brows “Did you just get hit by a strong wind?”

A disheveled Lisa yawned. Looks like Jisoo was not the only one who couldn’t sleep.

“I managed to fall asleep by 4 AM only, I couldn’t even take a bath this morning”

The young CEO scrunched her nose  “Make sure you spray lots of perfume. We have a management meeting in 30 minutes”

“Worry no more, I’m planning to pour my super expensive cologne all over my body so I won’t need to take a bath ever again” Lisa rolled her eyes and shoved a fruit bar to Jisoo before she walked inside the lift.

“You’re surprisingly chatty despite being sleep deprived. Better save your energy, don’t fall asleep during the meeting”

“Make it fun then I won’t” Lisa sassilly countered “And by the way cousin, your eyebags are so attractive~”

The young CEO glared at her before the door slid close.

**

Management Meeting 

(A glimpse of CEO Kim at work)

“Good suggestion, Minjeong-ssi. We will push forward Verse’s debut and focus on Ikon’s comeback as well for next month. Please coordinate with both teams for the promotion, it's good that both groups already shot their MV” Jisoo looked at the paper in front of her “All pink punk activities will have to be pushed back until after Coachella. Team Coachella any updates?”

“Yes, CEO Kim” Yeji took over the presentation “We have coordinated with our band manager, and stage and stylist team as well. Today, we’ll settle the plane tickets and accomodations for the team and supporters. The representative of Coachella contacted me last night. We got a 30 minutes slot each for day 1 and 2 so we’ll decide the songs to perform along with the girls, so they can start practicing the songs by today.”

“Okay, have you contacted the airport manager?”

“Yes, my assistant already confirmed this morning that the girls will be using the VIP gate, we’ll add more securities based on previous experience. Those reportes can be quite sneaky” 

Jisoo tapped her fingers on the table “And the jet charter?”

“Yes, we’ve settled the payment. 20 people will board the jet including the girls. The rest will take Korean Air”

“Good work Yeji-ssi. Make sure people think the girls will board on Korean Air as well” 

Yeji proceeded to explain further about the upcoming Coachella. 80% of the preparation will be done in California.

The meeting has been ongoing for 4 hours now. It took longer than their usual monthly meeting because of a sudden major plan change. Nothing new, years of working in the industry has taught them to always expect the unexpected.

“I have some announcement regarding the management team” once again, Jisoo took everyone attention on her 

“Starting from today, Lisa-ssi will take over the HKO project. She’ll be away for a month or more, depending on how the project is progressed so her responsibilities will be handled by Kim Seokjin from YGMA, I believe everyone knows him very well, Seokjin-ssi please introduce yourself”

Jin grinned “Hello everyone. Kim Seokjin at your service. Nice to be back here. I’m looking forward to working with all of you”

The team clasped for him and Lisa. Being chosen as project leader is a great responsibility. No one wants that unless you want to be overworked and under pressure everyday (by pressure means constant monitoring from the CEO), the HKO project is one of the important projects for this year. 

“Lisa-ssi will be pulled out from the Pink Punk team. She’ll focus more on the management work once she’s back. As you know, we’re expanding and getting bigger so I want everyone to focus on their main task”

Everyone nods in understanding and even takes notes. CEO demands are law. They know better.

“I’m going to take a week off starting from next week. Kim Seokjin also will take over the CEO seat for the time being”

Everyone gasped. Now this is not what they expected.

Kim Jisoo never takes a day off. Not even when she’s sick, she still come to work to torture her employees.

Seokjin crossed her arms still giving his charming smile “Don’t worry guys, you can count on me. Besides I’ve been told that I'm nicer than her”

What a lie.

The guy may look all smiley and friendly, but he’s actually quite strict in terms of working. He is a perfectionist himself. Don’t be fooled. No wonder they’re cousins (aside from the obvious good looks and heart shaped lips). 

The only easy going person from the family is Lisa but sadly, she’ll be away for a month or so. Means they will have not only one but two workaholic tyrants to please. 

Talk about suffering. Everyone sighed. 

They missed Lisa already.

**

After meeting

CEO Office

“That went well, cousin” Jin grinned, his arms over Jisoo’s shoulder “Everyone seems pleased that I’m back here”

“We call that delusion” Lisa crossed her arms and yawned again “Jeongyeon-ssi couldn’t even look at your face” Jeongyeon is Lisa’s assistant, she formerly worked under Jin’s team before the latter moved to YGMA

“Hey, I'm nice to Jeongyeon” Jin puffed his chest “By the way you looked out of your mind during the meeting”

“Not enough sleep and I'm hungry as well” Lisa sighed “I’m getting a headache now seeing you two here, I can smell overtime already. I want a raise”

“Then shall we grab lunch together?” Jin said, ignoring the obvious complaint. “Since you quite made the news and also the main reason why i’m standing here, obviously we can't eat outside, so the only option is the staff's cafetaria” Give it to Jin, cornering Lisa with guilt.

“F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter