Chapter XXII

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CEO's office

Jisoo looked up to the sky, wondering if it was a bird or a plane? while her desk phone was blasting like no tomorrow

Jennie, Lisa, Chaeyoung and Irene sat around her along with her PR team

"The weather is good today" she said

"Jisoo..."

"Can anybody tell me, what's the current situation?

Jihyo, the head PR opened her tablet

"Naver search no 1, stocks decreased by 0,5%, probably will decrease more. Pinkpunk's official fancafe numbers dropped by 1k"

Jisoo nodded "We can make an official statement, our artists private lives are not company business"

"That's it?" Lisa asked, she's anticipating for a blow

"You want to add something? Or you want a donut?"

"You're weirdly calm about it, Jisoo" Lisa said again

ringgringgggg

Jisoo walked to her table to pick up the phone, finally! everyone's ears were already ringing by the constant call

"Ok, connect us" she tapped her fingers on the table "Kim Jisoo speaking. Make it fast" she said curtly while everyone held their breath

"Yes"

"No, our PR will release a statement later"

"200 million won in exchange of whatever proof you have?? Are you crazy?!

Everyone was shocked but also thanking the Lord, this is the Jisoo that they're waiting for to appear.

"No! we're not interested"

"..." A flash of anger adorned her face

"I warn you Jung Ho Joon. If i'm down you're going with me, i know yours as well as you know mine"

Lisa looked at Jihyo, it's dispatch’s head of publishing

Down??

Jisoo hung up the call before turning on her computer,  typing furiously, making several calls here and there.

"Alright" she sighed "You can release the statement now, Jihyo. Ask reporters not to sniff around our artist's private life. Let them know that we'll sue anyone who makes false rumours"

“Chaeyoung you may want to stay away from social media for a while”

"I'm sorry CEO Kim" Chaeyoung spoke for the first time

"It's okay, I know you've been careful. But your solo activities will be pushed back" Jisoo crossed her arms with a solemn look on her face "We still don't know the public reaction to this news. So far it's not bad but not so good either. I need to meet the shareholders first"

"Please schedule a shareholder meeting at 4 PM" Jisoo told her secretary over the phone

"You girls can go back to doing your job" Jisoo assured everyone especially jennie and chaeyoung "Don't worry. We got this, dating is not the top of the world issue right now"

Then she turned to Lisa. "Stay for a while? We need to eat these donuts, cousin"

Lisa gulped

**

Top 4 Naver's news

Park Chaeyoung caught dating LM, a non celebrity (200k+ comments)

LM is someone in higher management at an entertainment company (200k+ comments)

LM is the head of talent and artist management in YG, Lalisa Manoban (200k+ comments)

YG's shares dropped by 1% this morning (200k+ comments)

Top comments:

(net12563) Wow, pinkpunk's members never stop to amaze me. At least Chaeyoung got her game unlike someone else.

(net40097 replied to net12563) Don't bring Jennie here, she got nothing to do with this mess

(net87537) Yo, at this rate YG will turn into a dating agency. Do you know that their CEO is rumored to be dating that famous model from their sub-company?? 

(net82653 replied to net87537) IKR! I want to apply as a YG staff member so I can finally date my oppa!

(net34567) I'm disappointed :( YG should prevent these from happening. I don't want my seulgi-bear dating anyone from the company. She's mine. MINE!

(net79006) Jennie is dating her dance trainer. I know it!

(net34587 replied to 79006) WDYM? She's dating the CEO. 

(net00970 replied to net79006 and net34587) Shut up hater! Both of you!

(net64790) Chaeyoung-ah why?? T-T

(net42578) LM you're a thief. Nation's thief. How could ya??

(net71629) Our fancafe is in chaos right now. Numbers keep dropping. CEO Kim, please do something! I beg you!

(net87968) I can't believe they're kissing in a car! Did you guys see Dispatch's photos?? Unbelievable :(

(net87936 replied to net87968) They can kiss anywhere, even in my car. Not your problem. Dispatch should be banned!

(net65353) Let's send a truck to YG! We have to protest! it's unethical!

(net56182 replied to net65353) Wrong! Send the truck to Dispatch!

**

Lisa was munching on her donut slowly, full of guilt and fear.

"What should I do now?" she asked, she's lost and her phone kept ringing in her pocket

Jisoo looked up from her tablet, she was reading the news. They haven't talked about the issue since the girls left.

"Do your job?"

Lisa gritted her teeth "I'm this close to hunt down Jung Ho Joon"

"No, he's not worth it" Jisoo gave her a letter

"What is this? Is this..." Lisa face went paler by any second

"No, I'm not firing you" the young CEO rolled her eyes "You will go on behalf of me to Hongkong for a month"

"A month?!"

"Yeah, and probably will be going back and forth after that. As you know, we're in talks with HKO Ent. to establish a sub company there, I want you to lead the project also I'm going to take you out from pinkpunk's team"

"Take me out? Like forever?" Lisa was a bit sad on prospect seeing Chayoung less

Jisoo nodded "To avoid conflict of interest. I know you won't do something in favor of Chaeyoung but I have to keep the shareholder's trust"

"But i can't leave chaeyoung here alone, especially at a time like this"

"Pinkpunk will be off to LA next week. They will prepare for Coachella"

"What? I thought we were gonna reject the offer?! and why they should go next week, Coachella is still a month away"

"That's their holiday in disguise" Jisoo smiled "And it's a good distraction for the media. Coachella is big enough to take public attention. I have signed their attendance this morning since Chaeyoung's solo is pushed back so they don’t have any schedule in Korea"

Lisa sighed "You...I owe you. If it's me alone, I'll probably jump from this window. Why are you so great?"

"Yah, you're not so bad yourself. I trust the Hongkong project in your hand, right?" Jisoo chuckled "Jin will fill your position while you're gone"

"You'll transfer him from YGMA?" Lisa was surprised "And he agreed?" Seokjin, their cousin is working as CFO; chief financial officer at YGMA (he’s appeared in ‘chapter X’ :)

"We've talked before" Jisoo shrugged "YGMA is too small for his talent and it's time for him to go back here"

"Alright" Lisa nodded, fully knowing that Jin is the best candidate, he is in the business longer than Jisoo and Lisa. Before Jisoo was appointed as CEO, he actually acted as the temporary CEO.

"I'll be off to Busan for a week, so he'll also take over my chair for a while"

"What? What are you doing in Busan?"

"Vacation" jisoo smiled

"Huh?"

It's not like Jisoo at all, having vacation in the middle of war. Her cousin is hiding something. Lisa was so sure but she decided not to pry (for now), she's causing enough problems today and not to mention, having a mental breakdown too. She needs to see Chaeyoung.

**

The rest of the day went in a blur.

Jisoo had a meeting with the shareholders and it was a mess. She had to convince them not to transfer Lisa to their sub company in Japan for good. Jisoo promised them that she'll take care of the problem, like she always does. She promised th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter