Chapter XXI

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo arrived early at the office, as usual, typical workaholic Jisoo.

She checked her phone for any new message from a certain someone.

None

Well, looks like the latter still asleep.

Let's be productive today too. Jisoo cheered to herself.

She attended 2 meetings and finished reading 2 proposals before lunch.

She can do more but decided to give her time for Jennie.

1 new message from Jennie K, 50 messages from others.

From: My J

You wouldn't believe what happened just now.

My father thought I'm pregnant. He forgot that you're a woman too and almost rushed me to marry you.

To: My J

Wow, don't tell my mom. She'll be very ecstatic.

From: My J

Can we have lunch together? I didn't dare to go back to Kitchen after the whole pregnancy drama.

To: My J

Yep. I'll pick you up in 30 minutes.

From: My J

I haven't taken a bath, Jisoo

To: My J

You're pretty just the way you are :)

From: My J

Thank you but I want to take a bath first, so 1 hour?

To: My J

30 minutes is enough, what are you even doing in there? cooking?

From: My J

FINE

Jisoo chuckled while typing her reply.

To: My J

I was kidding. See you in 1 hour, love.

**

Jisoo met the father.

Well,  it's not the first time for her but still he's the father of someone she loves.

Love, that's a big word. She still couldn't believe it, a year ago, she really couldn't stand jennie.

"Hi, Uncle"

"Should I be worried that you're here instead of in the office?"

"Well..."

"Yeobo, it's lunchtime" his wife reminded him

"I know. I was joking" Jennie's father said still in straight face "Hey, your father in Korea or not? that as*hole ignored my text again"

"Yeobo...words" his wife scolded him

"He's abroad" jisoo said, her father and jennie's are really close to each other "Mom wants to eat pasta in rome"

"What?!" jennie's mom protested "That b*tch, didn't even invite me? I'm craving pasta too!"

Well, their moms are super close too.

"Ok honey, we'll go to Rome tonight. Pack your bag"

"Eh suddenly?" Jisoo was confused, why are they so eager to eat pasta somewhere far away

"My dear Jisoo" Jennie's mother said with a broad smile "Since we'll be out of the country, can you accompany my daughter? You can sleep here"

"Jennie is a big girl..what.." Jennie's father tried to protest

"Shut up and eat your brunch, yeobo"

**

On the way for lunch

"Why are they suddenly craving pasta? and why Italy?" Jennie was confused

"It started with an a*shole and a b*tch eating some in Rome" the young CEO explained while maneuvering her car through a narrow lane

"Sorry, who?" the younger girl was more confused "So, mom asked you to have a sleepover? We're not 12"

The young CEO shrugged "Maybe she thinks it's dangerous to leave you alone. Aren't you like a super famous idol?"

Jennie chuckled, Jisoo can be fun...sometimes.

"I have 24/hour security at home" Jennie said, her mom planted the seed but looks like she didn't get it "I'll be fine on my own"

"I know but still...I'll ask Lisa to come over with her plus one"

"Lisa can't even protect herself from bugs, don't even start with chaeyoung...it's more dangerous having them both at my house"

Jisoo glanced at Jennie then they laughed, true. Chaeyoung and Lisa are a disaster.

"That's why, I'll be there as well"

**

Later at night, Jennie's house.

"We don't know what our role here so we'll just play in our room" Lisa said after feeding her girlfriend with everything that Jennie has in her fridge

Jennie looked at Chaelisa scandalously "Play?"

"Yes, play"

Jennie snickered

"Where is CEO kim?" Chaeyoung asked

"I told you to call her Jisoo, she'll be your cousin in law" Lisa complained

"I'm still not used to it, it's weird, plus who said I'm going to marry you?" her girlfriend playfully asked

"I know right" Jennie added the fuel

"Dating your own CEO is weird" Lisa of course, refused to back down

"Ha! Speak for yourself!"

"But I'm not a CEO, I'm just a staff"

"Just staff?? Keep in denial, Manoban"

"Hey, what if one of us gets caught?" Of course, chaeyoung would ask something like this while having a supposedly fun sleepover.

"Leave it to jisoo, she knows what to do"

"But what if THEY get caught?" Chaeyoung pointed to jennie

"Well, let's pray they won't," Lisa mumbled "i don't want to jinx it"

"..."

"We don't have 'no dating your colleague' rules in YG, it's not stated either in your contract" Lisa further explained "But our situation is not that simple,  it's not like a staff dating another staff, when someone in higher management have relationship with their artists, it can affect both the artist and the company"

"But Jisoo and Jennie are engaged. Didn't your family think about the impact? They should have a backup plan right?" Chaeyoung asked again

"Honestly, our family, except uncle and aunty, think that the engagement will be off after 2 years. But there's a plan if it gets leaked before 2 years and you guys still hate each other, they'll deny the engagement rumor and probably call it off to save both of you and the company" lisa added "But look how the tables turned out now"

"Why didn't I know about this?!" Jennie gasped

"The old you would probably feed dispatch yourself so we kept quiet" Lisa snickered "Even jisoo doesn't know about it"

"So..now that they're dating and probably going on with the engagement. What is the next plan?"

Lisa shrugged "Let's just hope their parents think of something while in Rome. Which i doubt but let’s just hope"

"Oh God, we really need to start thinking about it" the blonde girl suggested "Lisa, let's just stay at home, separately, for a whole month"

"Why??" Lisa whined "We've been very careful. It's them who needs to stay home forever"

"Girls" Jennie glared at Lisa "We've been very careful too""

"Says the girl who keeps getting caught by Dispatch for nothing, very convincing" Lisa snorted "You and Jisoo are like diamonds in their eyes. Bet they're wandering around your house now"

"Ha? Are you forgetting that you have a famous girlfriend too? The one who was dubbed as the nation's little fairy?! At least I'm known as the bad girl in the group and used to it but her? Her?! Irene unnie, our nation's girlfriend is outed and still dealing with the clashes even now, can you imagine what will happen if you guys are outed too?"

"Yeah so?! It's not like jisoo is a non celebrity, she's like the king of the entertainment industry. Feared and untouchable. Mind you, not only Dispatch, other news agencies and competitors will tear her down along with the company"

Lisa and Jennie stared at each other before sighing "Ok, we all are screwed"

Cheyoung patted both of them "Let's be extra careful from now on"

"So, are you going to get marri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter