chapter VII

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Starfish studio
2:00 PM

Jennie had a meeting with Dean in his studio. He called her, saying that her song was ready but there's a major change and jennie kind of having a mixed feeling about that.
She asked dean to compose a fun upbeat song with a major rap lines. Her fans would love it.


Dean welcomed her and asked her to sit down.
"Before i let you listen to the final demo, i want you to know that this song is not the demo i sent to you before"
"What..i mean why? I like that song"
"2 weeks ago, I was finally done composing your song so i went to your company to deliver it to producer Lim. Long story short i bumped into Kim sajang"
Okay jennie started to hate where this conversation was going.
"She asked me the progress of your song so I showed her the demo and she rejected it before it even reached the chorus.."
"WHAT ?"
"Yeah...she said the song didn't fit pink punk image and too cutesy...she wanted a hit song not just a come and go song"
"Did you say the song is made as per my request ?"
Dean hesitated "Yeah i did and she said that is another valid reason to reject it"
"The nerve...why is she intervening in my solo? It is the record & producing team's job not her!"
"Well ,she is the CEO"
"I don't care, i have enough of her bullsh*t. She wants to control everything, never give us any freedom to explore ourself" jennie was so annoyed
"I...well that's a lot" dean said "i was offended when she said my song isn't enough. I though she mocked my skill but then she asked if i have something melancholic, heartbreak kind of song or something"
The young girl scoffed "she just wanna make my solo gloomier than herself. My release date will be on valentine day. Why ??"
"Honestly, It's a good strategy. When others sing a lovesick song, you'll do the otherwise. I mean not everyone all lovey dovey on the 14th of february" Dean chuckled "So i told her i have the melody but i haven't completed the lyrics. Then she offered to help"
"She...what ?" Jennie asked, in case she misheard things
"Yeah, she helped me writing the lyrics. Surprisingly, she's quite good in songwriting"
"You're kidding me"
"No i'm not. We're sitting down for like 5 hours to write your song. Took us 2 hours to finalize and make the demo"
The young singer pursed her lips "So here, you can listen to it now"
"If i don't like it, i'm not gonna sing this song"
"Yeah, say that to your CEO" dean laughed "she already signed her approval on it aka she bought my song that day for you"
Jennie rolled her eyes and took the earphone.
"Prepare yourself"
"Just play it, dean"
The said man played the song and waited patiently for jennie's reaction because he thought this song was gonna hit daebak.
"Watch me hating this song" jennie mumbled

(Part of the song, english translation)
Like the tides my heart is broken,
Like the wind my heart is shaking,
Like the smoke my love faded away,
I sigh deeply
My heart is full of dust (say goodbye)

5 minutes later
"..."
"So ?"
"Did she really help you write this ?"
Dean nodded "yeah, the chorus"
"Unbelievable" jennie hoped she would dislike the song but ugh, she loved it.
"Right. I was kind of amazed, she looks cold to be honest but she could write something like this" Dean complimented her boss. Why is everyone suddenly praising her??
Jennie huffed "Who broke her ? We must thank that person"
"Yah, why are you so mean to your boss?"
Jennie crossed her arms and huffed again. Couldn't believe that she likes the song very much.
***
YG ent HQ
7:00 PM

Jisoo checked all the news outlets. She monitored every single news about the company, the groups, YG's idols and celebrities news.
So far, pink punk's upcoming comeback has been topping naver's real time search. The promotion team just dropped a 15 secs teaser an hour ago and wow the views are really high.
Jisoo was very satisfied with the public's reactions.
She che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter