Chapter XII

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

Jisoo worked until past midnight today. She had tons of drafts for her company's projects.

Before going home, she had to pick Lisa's wallet at her office on the 5th floor. Stupid cousin, forgetting her wallet when tomorrow she's going to Hongkong.

 

She was about to enter Lisa's office when she heard some audible whispers along the corridor.

"OMG" jisoo mumbled and instantly paled, she heard some ghost rumours on the 5th floor where the old practice rooms were located before they were turned into staff offices.

 

She's certain the whispers come from the staff lounge.

She gulped. It's 02.20 AM and everybody should be home by now.

Jisoo was torn whether to enter the staff lounge or just fled away. But what if that's a thief, a sasaeng, a ert ??

In the past, some people had tried to break into the buildings.

 

"Please no ghosts" jisoo prayed as she twisted the door and yanked it open

"FREEZE!"

 

Thud

 

A cell phone fall on the floor as the owner looked at the young CEO

"Wha..."

Jisoo narrowed her eyes "jennie kim why are you camping in my building ?"

Jennie looked down embarrassedly, she had a sleeping bag laid on the floor along with her backpack

"Well...i kinda fought with mom and i'm on a run"

"Couldn't you find a hotel or something?" Jisoo crossed her arms

Jennie smiled sheepishly "i forgot to bring my wallet"

Why is everyone forgetting their wallet today ??

 

Jisoo shook her head

"That sleeping bag ??"

"I found it in Lisa's office. I swear tomorrow I'll go to the dorm. It just it's too late and i don't want to bother my members"

Jennie had moved back to live with her parents a month ago.

The young CEO sighed, she looked at her phone and yeah she got 12 missed calls from her mother and jennie's mother.

She made a short message to the younger girl's mother.

 

"Pack your bag, you're not sleeping here like a hobo. I'll drive you home"

"NO!" She protested

"It's not the right time to be a headache jennie"

"Please, i don't want to go home right now"

Jisoo sighed again and walked to the younger girl.

She crouched down "You're so frustrating" and put jennie's things into her bag.

"Hey, what are you doing!"

"If you don't want to go back home then you come with me to my apartment"

Jennie was shocked

 

"You're actually helping me ??"

"What am I supposed to do ? I'm your boss and fiance aren't I?"

Jennie rolled her eyes "yeah, yeah"

"What ?" Jisoo asked back

"Tell that to nayeon girl. Couldn't you wait until our engagement officially breaks off ? Your pics are all over the news outlet"

 

Jisoo raised her brows and pulled out her phone to search naver.

"Stupid news" she mumbled after she read it "nayeon is my old friend"

"Oh whatever"

Jisoo rolled the sleeping bag "move"

Jennie obeyed as she looked at jisoo packing her things. It's strange that jisoo did this for her.

"Why ? Why don't you just leave ?"

"What do you mean ?"

"Your old self probably will yell at me and leave me here"

The young CEO frowned "Believe me i want to yell at you right now but i'm so tired and it's not safe to leave you here"

"Come on"

Jisoo led the way as she walked to Lisa's office and put down the sleeping bag. She took Lisa's wallet and didn't say anything anymore.

**

They arrived at jisoo's apartment in 30 minutes.

"I have 2 rooms. You can take mine"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter