Chapter X

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Obligatory family dinner with the other kim family means eat efficiently, no small talk, and leave early.

That's what jisoo initially had in mind but of course the sea wasn't smooth afterall.

They did the family dinner thingy even before jennie and jisoo were engaged. It was jisoo's mother's brilliant idea to get together once a while (or everytime their mother wanted it) at each other's houses.

So sometimes jisoo did not only see jennie at work but at home too. Great.

This time, the dinner was held at jennie's house.

They made the seating arrangement so blatantly obvious, with jennie and jisoo squeezed beside each other at the middle section of the massive family dining table, surrounded by their families. It's not just parents & siblings but also cousins and grandparents and nephews.

"A drink for our superstar" Jin, jisoo's cousin winked at jennie "and of course to her grumpy fiancee too"

The young CEO scowled but took the drink and downed it in a flash..it tasted awfully like mango juice. Damn*t, Kim Seokjin!

Jin suppressed his laugh and winked at jisoo this time.

"You girls should talk more, don't be shy"

True that the both of them did not talk despite seating side by side. They wanted to leave as soon as possible but they're waiting for jennie's grandma to join them.

"We've talked enough at office"

"Boo. She's not your employee here jisoo-ah"

"It's okay, Jin" jennie assured "we have nothing in common anyway"

"Just bother someone else, Jin" jisoo added

"Aish, seriously you two are no fun" Jin left them while mumbling to himself

Eventually jisoo got bored so she turned to jennie to annoy the girl but the latter beat her to say anything.

"Thank you"

Jisoo raised her brows "For ?"

"You stopped me to quit" it was embarrassing for jennie to admit

"It was stupid of me because I love being on stage so much"

The young CEO tapped her fingers on the table "I stopped you because I knew you'll regret it later. You're always that impulsive"

"Hmph that feels like an insult but i do act impulsively sometimes"

"Like when you agreed to this engagement thingy without even thinking?"

Jennie frowned "Hey, I've thought about it! 2 years of engagement just a short time anyway and next year we'll be free"

"I was forced to agree" jisoo rolled her eyes .”I was about to negotiate it and you should've known how I always win in every negotiation.

"So smug"

"Did you know I haven't been involved in any romantic relationship for almost 2 years now? thanks to you"

"You're 'involved' with me, no ?"

"You mean involved in a war?" jisoo said teasingly

"Whatever you call it. If it's make you happy i am not involved romantically with anyone too so it's fair"

"Good to know. Feels the anger lifted a teeny bit"

"You're annoyingly weird" jennie commented

Jisoo suddenly looked intensely at jennie's face.

"Is it me or are you changing your makeup ?"

"No. Stop staring. You freak me out" jennie began to feel uncomfortable

"You look...extra good tonight" jisoo scrutinized her eyes "Ah, the brows. You shaped your brows differently"

She noticed jennie backed up far to end her seat

"What ? You're afraid that I'm gonna kiss you or something ?"

Jisoo was always so blunt that jennie wanted to slap her.

"If I said yes, would you stay away from my million won face ?"

Jisoo smirked and moved even closer

"Nope, it makes me want to kiss you million times" she

"Don't. You. Dare" jennie threatened to punch jisoo

The later backed away "whoa easy tigress, i was kidding"

But she noticed the pink blush on jennie's cheeks.

And she couldn't help but think the younger girl looked so adorable tonight without all the heavy makeup. Whoahh jisoo, don't ever think about it. The first and last time you opened yourself to a girl, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter