Chapter XXIV

Context
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi!

Finally an update, sorry, I had to change something, a minor change but quite important hehe.

So..thank you for waiting :)

**

One fine day, a week after Pink Punk’s departure to Coachella and a day after Jisoo’s return from Busan.

“I didn’t realize that you miss me that much, cousin” Seokjin said, mimicking how Lisa usually regards her “I thought Lisa was your favorite cousin”

“I don’t do favoritism. But Lisa is less annoying i guess”

“I’m offended” Jin lifted his sunglasses before sipping his coffee “You never treated me to breakfast before, so what’s the call?”

“Dispatch has been hot behind me these days. In a week they released news articles about Lisa’s and my private life”

“Trash. But nothing new. I thought you handled them just fine?”

“I did but there's a bigger problem than those two”

Seokjin put down his cup, now fully giving his attention to Jisoo “What do you mean?”

“My relationship with Kim will be their next headline news”

“How did you know?”

Jisoo told him about Ho Joon’s threat and the money that he asked for.

“That prick. I haven’t really encountered him but I heard a lot. Do you remember the news about a member of idol group commiting suicide? 3 years ago? He’s the one behind it, long before he joined Dispatch. But his name got cleared up because he connected with some important people in the government”

“I’ve heard that too” Jisoo sighed “and many other things about him”

“Do you have a plan?”

“Honestly…”

“You don’t have a solid plan and just hope for the best don’t you?” Seokjin concluded “That’s why you’re shipping Lisa and ehm...Kim away because you want to dive straight to hell by yourself”

“That sounds like a plan, no?”

“Yes, Suicidal plan. I know you Jisoo and I know I won't like anything you’ll say next”

Jisoo looked at him right in his eyes, making him feel uneasy

“I’m entrusting the company to you, Jin”

“What? No!” Seokjin quickly voiced his disagreement “You can’t do that!”

“The company can go on without me, it doesn’t have to be me to sit up there. You know we have a really good human force behind it and you, you’ll lead them well. I don’t want my private life to drag YG down or vice versa”

“But it doesn’t have to be like this. Do you think Jung will stop his vaganza once you step down? That’s not what he wants. He wants money, lots of money. He probably thinks you’re his next cash cow in exchange not to harm Kim’s career. I bet he’ll be so pissed off and targeting her even more” 

“I know, I’m going to close every door for him so he can’t touch her”

Seokjin raises her brows, urging her to elaborate

“I can’t tell you yet. I’m still figuring some things out”

“Kim Jisoo...I swear...”

Jisoo sighed “Jin, I need you to back me up during the next shareholders meeting”

“What? Next meeting? That’s like a week from now!”

“I don’t have much time” 

Seokjin stared at his cousin, trying to convince that she’s crazy “I want you to reconsider this Jisoo. Stepping down is a huge thing, a lot of things will be affected by your decision”

“Of course, afterall not everyday a CEO is stepping down by her own choice” Jisoo chuckled in an attempt to humour Jin

“It’s not funny, Kim Jisoo and I still disagree with this”

“I guess It’s a lot to take now but you’ll understand why I have to do this later”

Seokjin knew his cousin wouldn't change her mind once she’s set on something. 

“What about Lisa and Kim? Will you tell them anytime soon?”

“It’s not something they should know. My job is my own merit and decision”

“You better planned it well, Jisoo” Jin shook his head “Things can turn very ugly”

“Hope not, cousin”

**

The very next day

YGE building

Jisoo was in her office, evaluating the company’s monthly report with Jin.

She decided to discuss everything with him, letting him know what to monitor and focus on, the upcoming project and everything that needs to be taken care of.

“I convinced myself that what you told me yesterday was just a joke but you’ve prepared everything. Even this whole presentation. Did you make this during your days off?”

Jisoo nodded, eyes still focusing on the paper “Good thing Soomin helped me with restaurant preparation, so I had some time for myself”

“You're really preparing your retirement fund well” Seokin shook his head “I still can’t believe this”

“The eff...why YGMA is spending this much money” jisoo frowned “Oh talking about YGMA, I would suggest transferring Lisa there after she comes back, we can’t let the CFO position vacant for too long”

“Lisa?” Jin looked at her “Is this because of..”

“No, it's not because of the news. She has potential, but lacks experience. Some time handling sub business will do her good. I was about to transfer her before the news broke out”

“Well, yeah I agree on her being the next successor. I mean who knows I'll be like ‘hey cousin, i’m stepping down today’ too, better prepare her early, yeah” he said sarcastically

Jisoo ignored him, she’s used to it.

“Now that we’re done here. I’m going to call my other half, she must be finished practicing for the day. The door is over there, cousin”

“I swear, I’m your least favorite cousin” Jin grumbled as he took the paper and his tab “Have lunch with me, you pay”

“Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter