[ ♡ ] Chapter V.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 6

 

Everything was coming together rather quickly; some of her cousins have already started arriving in a timely manner. And news of Baekhyun’s relatives were set to arrive just a day before the ceremony. Many of their allies were due to arrive the day before the ceremony as well – resulting in a less busy and crowded castle.

 

“Princess,” Anna called out as she approached Nami, Irene and Baekhyun – who sat in the library because their parents thought it would be best to spend the rest of the time together. “it appears one of your cousins have arrived.” Nami looked up, blinking as she flipped her book over to not lose her page. “Which cousin?” She asked, but her answer came when he walked into the room.

 

“Your only favorite cousin, of course,” he replied. The tall, slender – yet fit – male called out as his eyes transformed into moon crescents that adorned his smile. “Dongmin,” she gasped. A grin plastered her lips as she jolted up from her seat, basically running into the open arms of her beloved cousin. Who is Prince Dongmin? He is one of the cousins that Nami grew up with, and when they were of age… he was appointed the Duke of Veralida – a county within Miralin. Her parents had brought him up after the death of her father’s brother-in-law and sister’s unexpected death. Hence the reason for growing up together. He was well-loved for his age, and anyone would be just as lucky to capture his heart.  

 

“Oh, my goodness, I thought you wouldn’t come.” He lifted her up in their tight hug, spinning her around softly. Nami held a wide smile. She was beyond grateful to see him again – it had been such long time since she had seen.

 

“Are you kidding me?” Dongmin questioned softly, “I wouldn’t miss your big day for the world.”

 

Irene lifted herself from her seat, a wide smile on her lips as she approached the two cousins. Dongmin placed Nami down – an arm still around her waist. “Is it just me or did you get more handsome?” Irene asked, a teasing grin on her lips when he turned to her. A chuckle left Dongmin’s lips while he removed his arm to hug the lady-in-waiting. “I don’t want to boast my ego or anything, but,” he joked allowing the girls to laugh. “The Prince Dongmin, handsome as ever,” Nami mentioned, patting her cousin’s cheek. Baekhyun sat in confusion, watching as the Princess happily held onto the male in front of his eyes. Irene had turned around in time to capture the Prince’s confused expression.

 

“Prince Baekhyun,” she called out while the male lifted himself up to greet the other male. “this is Dongmin, Adelaine’s beloved cousin.” Dongmin smiled, moving away from his cousin. His eyes smiling as his lips curved up as well. “It’s a pleasure to meet you in the flesh, Prince Baekhyun.” The tall male bowed his head, offering his hand. “Prince Lee Dongmin, Duke of Veralida.” Baekhyun nodded, smiling at the taller male while shaking his hand. “I’ve heard of you before,” Baekhyun mentioned as a lightbulb went off. “You’ve established several orphanages within four countries, from building it and supplying them with supplies that last at least two years.”

 

“Well, I wouldn’t have been able to do it with Princess Nami here,” the taller male uttered proudly. “The first two orphanage started here in Astelin.” Nami smiled, clapping her hands in delight as she turned to her taller cousin. “Hence why they became known as the Nation’s Jewel Prince and Princess.” Baekhyun blinked, this was the first time he’s heard of it – but he didn’t realize how the name did remain in her countries.

 

 “Oh, the children would be so excited to see you again, Dongmin!”

 

Maybe Baekhyun felt a slight twinge of jealousy between the interaction of Princess Adelaine and Prince Dongmin. They seemed to be so familiar with one another, that they were the ones to establish the orphanages.

 

 

Day 7

 

Baekhyun’s brother had arrived from China and his cousins followed suit. His side of the family was starting to fill the empty chambers close to his and his parents while Nami’s side started to fill her side of the chambers. Nami had offered Dongmin the chambers right next to hers, and he took it with much happiness.

 

Baekhyun felt rather left out because the day prior was spent following Nami, Dongmin, Irene and Hoseok around. It appears they were all well acquainted and Dongmin mentioned that their other cousin was set to arrive today. Most of her family would be staying for her coronation as Queen of Astelin and Miralin the following week after their wedding. A helpless sigh escaped Baekhyun’s lips as he thought of his lover in Korea. She wouldn’t be able to come because she wasn’t of royal blood. Daughter of a Lord, sure, but not enough for her to be here – beside him.

 

Maybe this is how Nami felt whenever he talked about his lover – seeing her this happy meant that the feeling he was feeling would be what she’d endure when they depart for Korea.

 

“Ah, Dongmin,” her father called out, standing up to hug the young Prince. Baekhyun sat beside his parents and brother, eyes trailing to where Nami stood beside her cousin – smiles and all. “Uncle,” the young Prince called out, hugging the King with the smile that, even, Baekhyun couldn’t genuinely display. “I was told you arrived yesterday, but it seems our Addie was greedy for your attention.” Nami sighed dramatically allowing Dongmin to laugh. “Father, I only get to see Dongmin once a year on Christmas. A special occasion like this, I’d like spend time with him as much as possible.” The taller male grinned, an arm wrapping around her shoulders – letting her know that he was okay with spending all the time he had with her. “I suppose that is reasonable,” her father laughed, “I hope Veralida has been a reasonable home for you, Dongmin.” her father said while looking to her nephew with a smile. “Oh, it’s been lovely, uncle. You’d be proud to know that Veralida has been transformed into a very capable county.” “I wouldn’t doubt that one bit,” her father said, patting his back proudly.

 

Of course, Baekhyun could see that Dongmin was well loved in this castle. From the royal family, to the staff, to the people of Astelin and Miralin loved him. Even Baekhyun’s parents have grown to love him in the short time they’ve met him. He heard from some of the staff, as they constantly expressed it, that Dongmin was considered the Nation’s Jewel Prince and Nami the Nation’s Jewel Princess because of their acts of kindness to the orphanages.

 

The amount of attention Prince Lee Dongmin was getting has been more than he has ever gotten in his life. Now, he was sincerely jealous of Dongmin.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Her parents didn’t seem to mind that she was spending a lot of time with Dongmin – afterall, they grew up together. So, when Dongmin suggested that they practice the arts of combat – just him and Nami – to which her parents didn’t object. It was one of their ways to pass time unless they hid themselves behind books in the library. Though, horseback riding with Dongmin to view the beautiful sun setting was something they also used to do.

 

“Is that what he really said?” Dongmin questioned, pausing his combat to eye his beloved cousin with wide eyes. Nami placed the tip of her sword on the ground, hands resting on the hem of the sword with a sigh. The Princess sighed, nodding her head. “What could I possibly s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter