[ ♡ ] Chapter IV.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 1

 

Upon arriving back to the castle from her horseback riding with her best friend, her mother had ushered the Princess to her own study room – where her mother and Baekhyun’s mother had a florist come in and discuss what flowers she should have decorate the hall, the grand ball room, and the garden. Irene has flashed her a concerned look when she sat down with exasperation. “Mother,” Nami called out, “the color of the flowers does not matter.” “Oh, honey, but it’s your wedding! It must be romantic at the very least.” She knew she wasn’t going to win any kind of argument with her mother and his mother. So, she endured the different options of flowers the florist had placed in front of her.

 

“How about this,” Nami called out – calming the chattering room. “The ivory roses and red roses,” she suggested. The florist had mentioned to her that white roses represent purity, innocence, and youthfulness – it also means young love and eternal loyalty. Which that is something that Baekhyun did not have. Whereas ivory roses symbolize charm, thoughtfulness, and gracefulness. Despite the color mixture of red and ivory, and the meaning behind the red roses – she thought it best if she chose these colors. And to have her mother and his mother agree was enough for her to release a sigh of relief.

 

“Alright,” the Princess stated, “a mixture of the ivory and red roses shall adorn the halls, the garden and the grand ball room.” She stated firmly while standing up from her seat.

 

 “If that is all you need of me, I’ll take my leave now.”

 

 

Day 2

 

She was surprised that they didn’t pester her about any wedding planning, but they did mention to her that a dress fitting with one of the most superior designers would be taking place soon – not sure when they’d arrive, but they will. It wasn’t just a dress fitting, but Baekhyun was also getting a fitting for his royal attire during the same time as her fitting.

 

Her parents and his didn’t seem to mind that she wanted time alone – or with Irene and Hoseok. For most of the day, she spent it with the two where they shot archery, knives and practiced with swords. Her father had mentioned that he’d like Baekhyun to spend time with the brunette, but she didn’t want to spend time with him.

 

Baekhyun had realized that his secret that he had announced to her has made her distant – and it was starting to show in the eyes of their highnesses. At first, Princess Adelaine seemed very okay with the fact that he had a lover, but he concluded that he was wrong. What female wouldn’t be upset about the man she was going to marry having an affair or lover? He could understand where she as coming from. However, he was going to need her to work on the same page as him. “Princess,” he called out, approaching her as she just shot her arrow – hitting the bullseye at an absolute ease. Her head turned elegantly towards him while she lowered her bow and arrow. “How can I help you, Prince Baekhyun?” She questioned, turning around fully in her dress.

 

For a woman to shoot an arrow with a bow and arrow while in her daily attire and tiara on her head – it was mind blowing. She did it with ease and her dress snuggly hugged her figure with ease and comfort. “If I could borrow your time for a short moment?” He asked, hoping that they could talk in private. Her head turned immediately to her ladyship, and Irene seemed to nod.

 

Hoseok took the bow and arrow from the Princess. They were going to take a break while she tended to her business with the Prince.

 

The further they walked away from the others, the isolated they were and Nami felt uncomfortable. “I want to talk to you about the rules and boundaries. The wedding will be soon, and I want to set that right away; however, you’re growing distant than before we met, and I believe our parents are aware of that now.” “Well, you can’t blame me for the distance when it’s because of you.” Nami retorted back, no emotion lacing her angelic voice. It scared him – slightly. “But if you are hoping we set these rules and boundaries soon, I’ll have someone gather you tomorrow. We can have it done and ready before the union.”

 

She sounded like a proper Queen in the making, and she made it clear that she will attend to the meeting when she had the chance.

 

“Excuse me,” she muttered, turning around and making her way back to her friends – leaving him to stare with an emotion he wasn’t quite sure he was feeling.

 

 

Day 3

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me here?” Irene called out, eyeing her best friend with concern. Nami adjusted her tiara and turned around with a smile on her lips. “Joo, I promise I’ll be fine. We’re just going to record the rules and boundaries to make this union work.” The quicker they made the agreement, the quicker she could get out of her study to go about her day with her choice of activity. “Alright,” Irene muttered warily. Nami smiled brightly, but she knew her best friend could read behind her wide ( and bright ) smile. She could tell that the Princess was upset because it wasn’t the union she was hoping for, but she’d let it slide.

 

“Let’s go into the city today,” the Princess added. “I’m more than sure that once I’m married and my coronation proceeds, I won’t be able to explore what life is like outside these walls.” Irene beamed to her friend with a nod. In seven days, her marriage will become official. Days following would be busy getting ready for her father to step down and prepare for her coronation. “We’ll visit the bakery and our children,” Irene mentioned. This was what made the Princess excited.

 

“Now, I’ll go get this agreement done and we shall be on our way!”

 

Irene watched as her friend exited her room. She worried so much for her best friend. There was so much concern that this union will leave her unhappy – she knew that Nami always wanted to be a mother, she knew that Nami wanted to make her people happy, and she knew that Nami was a people-pleaser raised to be how she was.  

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Prince Baekhyun,” Anna called out as Nami turned around from one of her many books in her study. Her brows risen briefly while she smiled softly, thanking her personal maid. “Please,” she called out to Baekhyun; her hand motioned to the empty chair across from her. She had already laid out a pen and paper for them to settle their agreement. “Shall we start and go on about our day?” She asked, lowering herself down elegantly onto her chair.

 

Baekhyun nodded as she offered to write down the agreement. “Rules,” she stated, “the first and most important that I want us to understand is that I will rule my kingdom, my two countries, how I see fit. You may have all the reigns to rule how you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter