[ ♡ ] Chapter XIX.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To be born a royal, there was so much she had to learn in order to make sure they become the best ruler the world has ever seen. The Queen, Adelaine Nami Kang, proved that she was born to be a Queen. She was educated of all of the etiquettes, all forms of combat, and more. She basically inherited her father’s hobbies and her mother’s intelligence. She knew when to a bluff is called, when negotiations is headed south, when her life or countries are threatened, etc. She was born to be in the spotlight as the Queen. If her grandfather was still alive, he’d be happy to see her rule this way. Though, acting and playing coy? Well… she’s just too good at it. Hence the only person that really knew Nami’s intentions were Irene, and her best friend didn’t seem to mind it. It was all’s fair in love until she was ready to let Baekhyun in completely. Trust is hard to earn back when he’s lost that from the moment that he admitted to her about his former lover. Quite honestly, he did a rather great job working his hardest to give her the time of day. After teatime with Irene and Junmyeon, Baekhyun continued working on trying again. But she could see that he was starting to give up. He had to suspect that it was all a test… right?

 

How could he not?  

 

Well, she’s good at acting – as Irene had told her.

 

A few weeks pass since tea with the three and no one suspects anything – other than Irene, who would pester the Queen if she’d given in to Baekhyun yet. The look on Baekhyun’s face shows that he was exhausted – constantly. He kept trying and trying until one day where Dongmin was departing to return to Veralida. Baekhyun and Nami strolled out to bid the Jewel Prince goodbye with their friends surrounding them. Dongmin took in the exhausted look on Baekhyun’s features – as if he didn’t get any sleep. No King should ever look as tired as him. Sure, it’s understandable if a King or Queen stayed up all night to configure a battle strategy that they’ll be tired, but they should never show those dark bags under their eyes. Now the idea of making Baekhyun go on and on dawned on Nami that she felt bad for pushing him to try again. Irene could tell on the features of the Queen that she felt sorry for how tired Baekhyun looked. Had she pushed too far? The tiredness that Baekhyun held proved that he’s doing everything in his being that he possibly could to prove to her that he can be trusted. That he wanted everything that wasn’t a part of their agreement or contract or whatever you called it. This is where she could trust him completely. He’d done his hardest and his efforts really didn’t go unseen.

 

“When will you accept me?”

 

Baekhyun questioned as she entered their shared chambers. Her opposite hand paused from removing the bracelet that rested on the opposite arm. It was starting to bother her – the heaviness weighing her arm down. Her eyes settled on the King, who sat on his side of their shared king-sized bed. He looked as though he might drop due to exhaustion – lack of rest. Nami sighed as she walked over to her side, crawling atop the bed as she sat elegantly behind him. “I’ve tried and tried again, and sometimes I feel like you’re just pushing me away even more than you did before.” His voice cracked; eyes settled on the marble tiles beneath him. “What more can I do to prove to you I’m sincere?” The Queen’s eyes softened. He was like a little child who seemed like his world collapsed when something didn’t go his way. Despite him being well-known for his intellectual skills in many departments. Being a King was one of those departments. Though, here he was being and looking beyond vulnerable. “Baekhyun,” she called out softly. Her palms were pressed against the bed as she settled with her legs tucked underneath her. When he didn’t turn around nor respond to her call, she tried again: “Baekhyun, look at me.” She demanded in a soft tone, and this caused him to turn his body towards her. His eyes settled on her. Eye contact made as she let out a sigh.

 

Alright. She thinks. I give up.

 

Nami offered him a soft smile as her right hand lifted and her palm pressed against his cheek. His hand settling above hers gently. She suddenly feels bad for testing him continuously. Her thumb gently his cheek as she tilted her head towards him. “You don’t have to do anything anymore.” She said, and Baekhyun blinked – eyes widened and head perking. “W-What?” He stuttered in response. Yet, she continued to offer him a smile. “You’ve done everything you possibly could to prove yourself. That you want to start over and have no agreement in between. Your efforts really didn’t go unnoticed, and you’ve done enough.” She confirmed. Was he hearing right? No, he wasn’t. He really thought that he wasn’t hearing things, but the reality of it was that she had a smile and she told him he’s done enough. “I trust you, and I have accepted you.” Those were the words that he wanted to hear since Christmas and New Years in Veralida. There was a chuckle that escaped his lips before he let out a sigh of relief. It didn’t feel real to him. Was he dreaming? Did he need to pinch himself?

 

Nami, however, stared at him as he went quiet – though, the wide smile on his lips only meant that he’s processed the situation. “Is this real?” He breathed allowing the Queen – his wife – laugh with a nod. “It is, most definitely, as real as it gets, your Highness.” There was a moment of silence that engulfed the chambers, but she could say that it was a comfortable silence. She let out a sigh, retracting her hand away from his cheek – but he held her hand in his and unwilling to let go. He took her hand and allowed her to raise her brows in question when he tugged her hand to place atop his chest – atop his heart. She’s never seen him so sentimental; it was a new side of him that she suddenly adored. Perhaps she is learning about him more and more over the duration of the month that he’s been trying. Not that she didn’t know him already, it’s just more information of her husband.

 

“You just made all my dreams come true,” Baekhyun muttered softly before sighing softly as though he didn’t want the moment to end – even if he was going to have this moment everyday of his life. “And as much as I’d like to sit here with you and live this moment – we have to go help our friends with their wedding.” Nami chuckled with a nod, a smile on her lips as she let a quick sigh.

 

“Before we go,” she said, “can you help me take off my bracelet?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Now, do you intend the King and Queen to be the Maid of Honor and Groomsman?” The royal wedding planner – Nami and Baekhyun’s wedding planner – asked as he gestured to the King and Queen. Irene and Junmyeon smiled, nodding in agreement to the planner. “Well, of course, I’d like to include Prince Dongmin and some of our friends too, if it’s possible.” Irene added, and the planner clapped his hands excitedly. “Another wedding featuring the Jewel Prince and Queen! This is quite exciting once again!” Nami turned to the planner with a laugh. For whatever reason, it excited the planner whenever the presence of Dongmin and Nami were included. For whatever reason, the planner just loved the presence of Dongmin and Nami. “Well, Dongmin and Nami are two peas in a pod,” Baekhyun mentioned, allowing Nami to turn her head to stare at him with a smile, “Can never pry them apart even if I wanted to.” Baekhyun chuckled while shaking his head. “That’s the truth,” Irene snorted, shaking her head with a knowing grin. The Queen rolled her eyes and the planner simply grinned widely. “Well, let me plan the wedding out for you, and I will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss location, flowers and all the magical things.” He spoke with a wide smile. Junmyeon and Irene had already discussed how they wanted their wedding with him, and now it was in his hands.

 

Over the next few weeks, they will be busy fitting their dress and suit all while they discussed what they want and where they want their wedding. Baekhyun and Nami were just there to support them and – well, sponsor the wedding completely because they deserved it. “In the meantime,” the planner called out, raising to his feet as he bowed to Baekhyun and Nami, “if you have anything else you want for your wedding and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter