[ ♡ ] Chapter III.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tea and cakes are ready,” Irene called out while she watched as Nami walked past her where the Kings and Queens sat, ready to enjoy the mid-day snack with their children. They wanted to ask how things went this morning with the children – how they interacted with one another. However, no reaction came from the Princess as she walked past them, Baekhyun no where behind her. “Nana?” Irene called out to her best friend, who stopped for a split second. “Joo,” the brunette called out, turning to her best friend. Irene blinked, eyes widened with an expression that questioned her what happened. Nami shook her head, an expression that showed a twinge of hurt and Irene understood. She nodded to the Princess before turning around. “Something the matter, Irene?” Queen Kang questioned, looking between her daughter and her lady-in-waiting in curiosity. Irene smiled, “It seems as though the Princess is feeling ill. If you’ll excuse me,” she said, bowing her head before speed walking towards the Princess.

 

Baekhyun emerged to join them for tea when he overheard Irene’s words. His eyes followed the two scurrying off to her chambers, he’d assume. “That’s quite odd,” her mother commented, glancing in concern to where her daughter has run off to. “What is, my love?” her father asked. The Queen turned to her husband with a concerned look. “It would appear as though our Adelaine is upset rather than ill.”

 

Baekhyun sat down uncomfortably. Maybe what he said had upset her, and her mother had caught onto her daughter’s expression. Afterall, mothers know best. However, she seemed to have taken his news rather well – or so he thought? “Oh, honey, she may be ill – she looked rather pale.” “Baekhyun, son,” his father called out, capturing the male’s attention, “why don’t you go check on her? She’ll be your wife soon after all.” Baekhyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he gave the best sincere smile he could give. “Father, it seems as though she requested her ladyship. I can’t possibly object that.” Her father smiled towards him: “But it wouldn’t hurt to see if she is alright.” Now, he couldn’t make up an excuse as he nodded with a bow to his head and a quiet ‘yes, your highness’.

 

He rose from his seat while the maid escorted him to the Princess’ chambers. It wasn’t much of a far walk from the guest hall. He admired the elegant hall with decorations and embroiders decorated into the walls. The maid stepped forward to knock on the one of the three doors in the hall. Quiet footsteps sauntered over to the heavy door when Irene appeared. “Yes?” She called out, eyeing the maid in front of her. “Prince Baekhyun has requested to see the Princess,” she said while Irene looked up with a surprised expression. “I’m sorry, but the Princess isn’t welcoming any company.” She said while Baekhyun mentioned to the maid that he could handle it from here. He waited until it was just him and Irene face to face. He turned back after a while as he cleared his throat. “Has she told you?” He questioned softly. Irene sighed; palm pressed against the door. “Unfortunately,” she replied. “However, she won’t discuss it any further. She just wants to be left in peace at the moment.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, a thin line pressed against his lips. “I apologize and take my leave now.” He said, bowing his head towards Irene – who returned it – as he his heel to walk away.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with it?” Irene questioned as she laid beside Nami. The same way she had when she refused to meet their guest of honor the day prior. Nami turned her head towards her best friend, her tiara sliding off her head as she stared. “Okay or not, I have to be. This is my countries at stake, Joo. I will fight for my people and make them proud even if it means I have to fake it until I make it.” Irene sighed as her eyes trailed to the white ceilings above them. “I have mentioned that there will be rules and boundaries once we’re wedded,” the brunette mentioned, hands tangled together and resting above her stomach.

 

“It will be s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter