[ ♡ ] Chapter VII.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Baekhyun said that departure was near, it was mainly for him and his parents to promote him to King of Korea. As the new Queen of Astelin and Miralin, Nami was required to stay for a longer while as she took care of official royal business. Her father had urged her that this was how it was going to be like any time of the day and year. Because of her new title to herself and her countries, she offered her father to be her advisor while she was away in Korea. Of course, he still had to run things by her to make sure they didn’t go into war or offend any neighboring countries – even though, she knows her father wouldn’t make any rash decisions because – after all, he was King before her.

 

Baekhyun and his parents had been gone for a week now, and she had finished her duties to her countries as she now followed her husband to his home country. Her crown weighed heavy on her head as she stared out to the beauty of what was known as Korea. It was her first time setting foot in Korea, so she was curious to explore the depths of Baekhyun’s home.

 

“Well,” Irene called out, glancing to her best friend with a sigh, “they said we’d be at the castle in a few minutes. Baekhyun and his parents will be out to greet you.” She said and Nami turned her head to look at Irene. She dreaded coming to Korea for many reasons, but because she was married – she didn’t really have choice, did she? “Are you ready?” Irene questioned. She could see that Nami wasn’t happy as she was in Astelin. The look on her face was something that Irene hated seeing – the sadness, the anger. Maybe it’s because she was now in Baekhyun’s comfort zone. Where he kept his secret lover at bay. “I’m as ready as could be,” the Queen sighed as their ride came to a halt. The dreaded look was now on her face as Irene took the Queen’s hands in hers: “Breathe,” she demanded, “breathe and put on a smile.” Nami took a deep breath before sighing and putting on her best feigned smile she could muster up. The doors to her carriage opened, revealing the rather sunny environment outside. “Let’s do this,” Irene whispered as she stepped out before the Queen. Nami thinned her lips while she followed Irene out, dipping her head so her crown wouldn’t glide off her head.

 

Taking a step out of the carriage, with the help of a butler holding out for her hand. She thanked him as Baekhyun’s mother came forth. “My dear daughter-in-law!” She shouted as she came forth to give Nami a hug. The brunette simply chuckled as she returned the hug. “How are you, mother?” Nami asked, pulling away from her mother-in-law. The former Queen smiled, rubbing the brunette’s forearm with a small sigh. Since the union of her and Baekhyun, his parents were adamant that she starts calling them mother and father as well. Which she didn’t mind since she did like them and appreciate them as her parents-in-law. “It’s been chaos, darling. Your dear husband has been appointed King, and he’s yet to come out of his office until today.”

 

“Mother,” Baekhyun called out sternly as he approached the two. Her eyes trailed to Baekhyun – a week changed him as he now walked with his head held high as the new King of Korea. As they were both anointed King and Queen of their respected countries. “Hi,” he called out, smiling to her softly as he reached out for her hand. Her head turned to Irene, who nodded to her discreetly. “Hi,” she responded as she took his hand hesitantly. She pulled her hand away from his, placing it at the crook of his arm instead. “What happened to our deal on physical interactions?” She questioned quietly, muttering at most. Baekhyun chuckled, brows risen for a split second. “We agreed to pull off an act, did we not?” The Queen glanced at the said male, eyes squinting at him with a scowling look. Sometimes she wondered what it’d be like if she married someone else – someone with a personality much like Dongmin. But what’s done is done. His mother followed behind them, gushing over her son and her daughter-in-law. Irene followed beside the Queen while the staff carried her belongings and the Queens. “How was the trip here?” He questioned softly, almost a whisper. “A very different environment, but I suppose – if I could, go explore town?”

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat, giving her a rather sad smile. “Well, now that I’ve been appointed King – it might be a bit difficult to just let the Queen of Korea to wander into town.” Nami stared at him with a slight frown as he escorted her into the castle. The staff – from maids, butlers, cooks, to Lords and advisors – stood in a line, facing each other as they came forth to the front castle to greet their new Queen. “What is this?” The brunette whispered while Baekhyun simply put on the best fake smile he could muster up. “They’re here to welcome their Queen to her new home.”

 

They all bowed, greeting her as she passed by them. However, one female caught her attention. Maybe because she had given Nami a rather noticeable glare that even Irene had captured it in the moment. The dismissive look and the improper bow enough to let Nami know that she may be Baekhyun’s lover. In front of the public eye, Baekhyun and Nami agreed to play the happy, much in love, couple – but, in reality, he lived a secret love life. From the looks of it, his lover didn’t seem to really have much of a welcoming expression – meaning she already didn’t like the new Queen of three countries. Not that it bothered Nami if she was liked or hated by his lover. It just bothered her that she’d have to share the same living area as her. She’d much prefer being in Astelin or in Veralida with Dongmin. This… she’d have to live with since no one believed in the idea of a divorce or separation.

 

They approached the top of the stairs where his father stood there waiting on them. A smile on his lips as he trotted down the stairs to greet his daughter-in-law. “Addie, my dear, it’s a pleasure to finally have you in Korea!” “It’s a pleasure to be here, father,” she said, returning his tight hug. Baekhyun sim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter