[ ♡ ] Chapter XXII.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Disastrous family?” Dongmin expressed, clearly offended that Seongi would speak illy of his family. The Kang family, for generations, held a good reputation just for being them. Despite his surname being Lee, he’s still blood to the Kang because of his mother – her cousin’s aunt. The Kang’s earned a good reputation through hard work, and never once did they use their name for any evil intent. “The only thing disastrous to have been graced into this family is you,” the prince directed towards the illegitimate son of the former King of Belyra. This brought a raise of out Seongi whilst he glared at the ‘perfect’ Prince that everyone adored.

 

“You’re not a Kang,” he uttered while Nami glanced to her husband, who seemed shocked to see Dongmin snap. The last time he’d seen the prince snap was when Baekhyun protected his former lover. This, clearly, was pure animosity for Seulgi’s brother. “You don’t even deserve the name of the Kang.”

 

“Min,” Nami called out quietly, placing a hand on the prince’s chest. “Calm down,” she murmured while Seongi stood there any laughed hysterically. Seulgi breathed, shaking her head. Her brother has been nothing but trouble. Trouble that she could never get him out of – and it was right for her not to legitimize her brother to rule the throne. Because he’d destroy the country she loves so very dearly. “You think the Kang name is so special?!” Seongi shouted, laughing hysterically once again. “There’s nothing special about the Kang name! You’re all just a bunch of over your heads stupid!” This earned a glare from the three Kang’s in the room. Baekhyun observed on, clearly seeing why Dongmin was so angry, so full of hatred. Something the King of Korea thought the Jewel Prince would never possess. “Seongi,” Seulgi shouted sternly. Her eyes were piercing a glare through the darned man’s head, “you will show no disrespect to this family, or I will have you removed from this castle and ban you from this country.” The seriousness in her voice validated to Nami that her cousin was not joking. Seongi stared at his sister, a sneer laying on his lips as he tilted his head. He stared at his sister with that smirk: “You’re not going to do anything to me, sister. You know that.” He said, the smirk played on his lips as he stared to Seulgi, tilting his head side to side ever so often. “You’re too weak and a dumb Queen to do anything to me.”

 

“Dare to try me?” She interrogated, clearly done, and irritated with her brother’s behavior. “I have grown tired of your foolery and lack of consideration – in this castle or out there to my people.” Seulgi rounded the table, standing next to Baekhyun – who held onto her, in case she needs be. Surprisingly, the Kang family (Seulgi included) accepted Baekhyun with open arms. She took his hand for support as she stared to her brother. “You might be my brother, yes, but I am not afraid to have you exiled from my country. You’ve done nothing but torment my people, act superior just because you’re father’s son. The son he wanted to begin with. The son that he wanted to rule the throne of Belyra. Except you’re nothing but an illegitimate. He had me, and I’d say I’m doing a hell of a good job keeping this country afloat. So, do not test me when I say I will banish from this country.”  They saw how his smirk dropped. Seongi saw that Seulgi – his half-sister showed more determination like it was her last days of running a country. Nami stared at the male before them, still holding onto Dongmin. “Why is it that you hate the family name – no, the family so much? We’ve done nothing but accepted you, yet you show this… egotistical attitude. Hatred for us.” Seongi glared at his ‘cousin’. The perfect pair named the Jewel Prince and Queen for their kindhearted acts of humanity and blah, blah, blah. He hated it. Hated them.

 

Growing up, he’d always been jealous of them. Jealous that the Kang family’s bloodline was so pure, so powerful. He even hated the fact that he was born by his mother – his father’s mistress. He resented the Kang family for years and years. Seulgi had done everything in her power. Accepted him as her brother and treated him like any human being wanted to be treated, despite her mother resenting him for being his father’s mistress’s child. Even Dongmin and Nami, the closest cousin’s to Seulgi accepted him, tried for him to play with him when they were children, but he still carried ill-willed blood. Hundreds of Kings had mistresses, many of them had illegitimate children – he’s no different. Resentment was all he had in him. There was no changing the fact that he hated his sister, the Kang name, his father.

 

In other words, shorter words: he’s an who wished maliciously on his so-called family.

 

“I will never accept you as my family,” Seongi growled, eyeing the Queens. “What? Just because the Kang name carries power, I’m supposed to bow down and look up to you people with stars in my eyes like every other person in the damned countries you rule?” He questioned sarcastically. “Pathetic.”

 

“You lived your life under this roof, they gave you the life that anyone ever dreamed of having and this is how you turn to be?” Dongmin pressed, irritation and annoyance in his voice. “If anyone is pathetic, it’s you and it’s sad.” Seongi’s lips jerked into a smirk: “And why is that cousin?”

 

“Just because you don’t get to rule over the country doesn’t mean you get to treat the one thing that brought you up. Her mother might have hated you, but you had people who loved you – Seulgi, us, we tried to be there for you. Yet, you choose to resent each one of us. For what? Because you consider we’re the bad guys? Because we have titles? What is it?” Dongmin expressed, his eyes showed hatred and disgust. Baekhyun felt uncomfortable to the situation. He’s never fought with his own family, but then again – there wasn’t any illegitimate children in his bloodline.

 

Seongi snorted a laugh. Seulgi turned to her cousins. While Nami gazed over, “There’s no convincing him of anything, Seul. It seems as though your brother just hates us as much as we hate him.” Nami stated, her head turning back to Seongi: “And to think I proposed legitimizing you to take the throne.” This brought a raise of Seongi’s brows and an entertained smirk. “You?” He questioned, pointing to her, a hysteric laugh radiating the dining room. “Well, aren’t you just the sweetest thing? You actually thought of me?” He taunted and Nami rolled her eyes. She could feel Dongmin clenching his fist as she tried to calm him. But Seongi’s expression fell: “Legitimize me and I will ruin every single one of you.”

 

This time, Seulgi cackled. She shook her head while letting go of Baekhyun’s help. “You will never get the chance to even rule over my country.” The stern look on the Queen of Belyra’s features said it all. She’s tried so hard to relate to her half-brother, to understand things from his perspective, but with little to know results… she gave up. She let things slide as she was ill for the past year. “Guards!” She calls out to her guards that stood inches away enough to hear their Queen call for their immediate attention. “Your Highness,” they spoke in unison – the two of them. Seulgi glanced to her brother then to her guards: “See to it that you him out of this castle. He is not allowed to return and see to it that everything he owns leaves this castle with him.”

 

“You’re insane, sister,” Seongi growled as the guards did as they are told, hands grasping the ill-willed male. “I did say to dare try me, brother. I’m sorry, but you are not accepted here if you continue this behavior. Everything you own will be the only thing you will have. I have every capability to strip away your financial stability and the roof over your head. And if you believe that the Kang name is such a distaste for you, then you are no longer apart of the Kang name.”

 

To say that wasn’t stressful to watch was an understatement. It was an eventful morning to say the least. “Good riddance,” Dongmin breathed while Nami looked up to her cousin, slapping his chest as she eyed him. He let out a feigned hurt expression while grasping the area where she’d slap. “I sincerely apologize,” Seulgi started, staring towards her cousins with such sorrow in her eyes. This endorsed the Jewel Prince and Queen to soften their expression, shaking their heads. “You’ve tolerated him your whole life, Seul,” Nami stated, a hand resting on the Queen of Belyra’s forearm. Seulgi sighed: “I tried my best, Na. I tried to understand things from his point of view, but every time that I did – there’s always this hatred that he has for a family that he is essentially a part of. Regardless of if he’s full-blood royal or not. His behavior really only gotten worse in the past year – from sleeping around, his alcoholic tendencies to resenting our father.”

 

Dongmin’s brows rose, not really surprised but a little surprised by the way Seongi essentially disgraced their family name. Nami blew a puff of air as she stared where the guards had escorted Seongi out.  “Can you believe I even entertained the idea of legitimizing him for the throne?” She questioned softly, mostly to herself, but everyone heard her. Dongmin then snorted a laugh, shaking his head as he glimpsed to his family: “How about we worry after we have breakfast?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Initially, they weren’t going to worry about the Seongi situation until it was at the utmost urgency. Seulgi had doubled her security, and with everyone loyal to her – they would keep her protected at all costs.  Despite the rather terrible start to their day, they made up for it by enjoying one’s company and having conversations as they caught up with their lives. “How much longer do you plan on staying?” Seulgi asked, brows risen as she sips on her cup of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter