[ ♡ ] Chapter XI.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nami had spent really the rest of her day in her chambers, she didn’t really want to entertain company – Dongmin and Irene. Even Irene had tried to come in and get her to eat, but instead, she asked Sooyeon (the maid) bring in her food. She didn’t want to speak to anyone that Dongmin thought it would be a good idea to call upon Baekhyun to help them with the situation. They didn’t particularly want to tell him the reason for her shutting people out, but at least he’d try to help her.

 

“Is she okay?” Baekhyun questioned as he stepped out of his own chambers, and Dongmin didn’t fail to catch a glimpse of the person who made his cousin feel this way. But Dongmin just smiled sadly, shaking his head. “She’s been in her room since noon, and well…” he sighed, taking a glance at the King of Korea, “she just locked herself away. I don’t know if she has eaten her dinner yet.” Baekhyun blinked, concern now sparked in his eyes as Dongmin just smiled. “Just please, try to talk to her or get her to eat if she hasn’t.” Baekhyun simply nodded, giving his significant other’s cousin a nod before the taller male walked away with a quiet ‘thank you’ leaving his lips.  Dongmin had already excused himself back to his chambers, knowing that Dongmin couldn’t help nothing at the moment. It didn’t take but a few minutes for Baekhyun to walk to down the hall to the other side of chambers – Nami’s chambers.

 

It was quiet per usual in her chambers as he held his hand up to knock on the door, but he stopped in his tracks. He took a moment to ponder on the idea of knocking, so he opted to open the door to her room slowly. He peeked his head in, only to see her standing outside her balcony. It was then that he knocked on the door of her chambers, and she turned around in surprise. There was a look of question on her features before it turned into a mild scowl. “Why are you here?” She asked, turning her back to him and looking back out to the calming night sky. It seemed as though she was already dressed for bed and her dinner went untouched.

 

“I’m just here to check on you, is all.” He said. She didn’t go unnoticed at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Baekhyun had always assumed – that when Dongmin was around – that she’d find time to eat when she could. At least in Astelin, she always ate when she wanted and skipped down on dinner because her and Dongmin were doing other activities like horseback riding, combats of art, or just gone into town for pastries or to the children’s home. “Are you alright?” He asked, approaching her slowly and leaning against the railing. “I’m fine,” she responded quickly. Baekhyun couldn’t say anything but nodded his head to her two words. “You didn’t touch your food,” he said once more and she turned her head to stare at the tray of foods that Sooyeon had brought in, maybe, an hour ago. “I’m not particularly hungry,” she uttered, but Baekhyun knew better than to leave her alone. There was something about her demeanor that just told him that she wasn’t fond of something – and maybe, it’s no doubt it was his lover.

 

“I think you should eat,” he said, turning to lean his back against the railing. “Why do you care, Baekhyun?” She asked, completely deflated. She didn’t have the will in her to deal with anything anymore. Baekhyun took a glance to her, eyes full of concern. Her features seemed to be defeated, as though as she longer wanted to be here. In his home. “Because you’re important,” he replied. “You’re important to a lot of people. Including me. So please eat,” he said. For a moment, Nami had to look at him with curious eyes. She couldn’t exactly understand what made him come to her room and check on her. Perhaps it was Dongmin telling him to check on her, forced him to because he is her husband. Dongmin was always on her side, but he also always saw the good side of others. Maybe he believed that Baekhyun and her could have something more than just a contract. “If I eat, will you leave me alone?” She asked, sighing an exasperated sigh. Baekhyun turned his head to her, giving her a wide smile. He nodded as he held his hand out to her. The brunette simply stared at his extended hand but took it either way.

 

“Sit here, I’ll go warm up your food.”  

 

“Fine.”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Are you going to leave me alone?” Nami questioned, eyeing Baekhyun as he towered over her – eyes watching her like a hawk. But he simply shook his head with lips pointing downwards and arms crossed over his chest. “Nope,” he said, “I’m not going to leave until you at least eat half of the food on the tray.” The brunette sighed, hand fork poking at the food on her plate. “I’m not a child, Baekhyun.” She stated, and he chuckled.

 

“Well, you seem to be like a child right now,” he retorted, sitting down beside her. His eyes were on her while she frowned at her food. “Are you going to sit here, poke at your food and frown at it or would you prefer that I feed you?” His brows rose with amusement and question when she turned to look at him with an expression that he couldn’t exactly read. But it seemed to trigger her, hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter