[ ♡ ] Chapter XII.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Prince Dongmin,” a voice called out, allowing the Jewel Prince to turn around at the mention of his name and his brows risen in question. There approaching him was Lord Kim, the father of Baekhyun’s witch lover. He feigned a smile, dipping his head into a slight bow to the older male. “Lord Kim, I presume?” And the man nodded, giving the Prince a quick bow as he looked back up to Dongmin. “What can I do for you?” The Prince asked and the Lord sighed. “I know it’s not my place to ask, your majesty, but might you know the reason as to why the Queen has banned Mina?”

 

“Mina?” Dongmin asked, brows risen in question. And the Lord nodded, “My daughter.” He said and the Prince stared with a shocked expression. This was the first time he’s heard her name being mentioned. Dongmin inhaled deeply. He knew this question would come, but he’d assume the Lord would ask Baekhyun or even Irene for all that mattered – thought he wasn’t particularly surprised that the question came to him rather than the others. “Well,” he exhaled, “it seems that your daughter has disrespected the Queen in a number of ways.” He said, jumping straight to the point. The Lord looked flabbergasted to the new piece of information.

 

“Disrespected?” He repeated and Dongmin nodded. “One incident was that Lady Irene has informed me that your daughter behaved as though she has authority over Lady Irene – mentioned that she’s your daughter, the King’s most beloved advisor and that Lady Irene should watch the way she spoke to your daughter… in front of the Queen.”

 

The Lord seemed to absorb the information as shock overcame him. “This… this doesn’t sound like my daughter – she’s usually very kindhearted, looked up to the royals as I do.” Dongmin smiled thinly, placing a hand on the Lord’s shoulder: “I don’t mean to come off as offensive, Lord Kim, but perhaps your daughter’s love for the King has made her blind, perhaps insane. Your daughter has gone around this castle telling some of the staff that she wished the Queen’s existence didn’t, well, exist.” With that, Dongmin walked away, excusing himself to focus on other things that were at stake – like the mentality of his cousin.

 

 

“Is there something you want me to do, Nana? Do you want anything to eat?” Dongmin questioned, sitting across from his beloved cousin – who stared blankly out the doors of her study’s balcony. It’s been several days since the meeting with Lord Kim, the father of Baekhyun’s lover, and Nami had shut everyone out. She only spoke when necessary like – say – when she had to meet with Baekhyun’s advising team or when Dongmin had asked her to go with him to check on the children at the children’s home around town. Chanyeol had brought her pastries and offered her to damage something with a sword or a bow and arrow. Junmyeon had asked her in joining him make pastries in the kitchen because he thought it’ll be therapeutic for her. Irene had suggested they go for a spa day, and yet, the Queen replied to none.

 

It worried everyone that she wasn’t speaking – except for the exception of Dongmin. They knew that it would be best for him to spend time with her, make sure she was okay because even Baekhyun couldn’t get past the Queen’s silence treatment.

 

The brunette turned her head, eyeing her cousin. Dongmin stared at her with some kind of hope – to which she could see it in his eyes. She sighed, repositioning herself to sit up straight. “Do we know of any news… it?” She questioned and Dongmin leaned back in his seat, nodding slowly. “Well,” he began, “her father is utterly upset due to her ban from our countries. I told him what you and Joo told me in the library, and quite frankly – I wish she learned her place in this castle.” Dongmin declared, rolling his eyes. After that day, he caught a glimpse of her arguing with Baekhyun about why he chose the Queen’s side when Baekhyun could’ve sided with her any other time. To which, he did confront the King of thereafter. Though, it seems as though Baekhyun lost interest on the one person who he claimed to love most. Even to his words, he received no reaction from his cousin.

 

“If it makes you feel better,” Dongmin said, breaking the silence once more, “I know someone in need of a wife.” Nami lifted her eyes, staring to her cousin with question. “Is he one of our people?” She asked because she did make it clear that she didn’t want this girl in her kingdom ever. But Dongmin smiled, shaking his head. “No, he’s a friend from our neighboring country in Lynadale. Moonbin, remember him?” He asked and Nami looked to him with a blink of an eye. She remembered him. She remembered visiting Dongmin for his birthday and she was introduced to Moonbin – who was very kind and very well mannered. Since then, she’s also become close friends with the Lord. She worried that Miss Kim would be a terrible idea for him. “I like Moonbin. He was very kind, but do you really think that it would really be a good idea for him?”

 

Dongmin sighed, leaning back as he thought about it. Moonbin is a good friend of his, and he loved his friend dearly – but something about Nami’s words struck him. “Well,” he said, “I might have already called for him to come here.” Nami’s eyes widened. “Min,” she called out with a whine. “Why would you do that to him!” “I think he’ll be a good match for her! Moonbin’s not the type to play around, maybe he’ll put her in her place.” There was a lot of contemplation, but the Queen sighed – rolling her eyes to her cousin as she rested her palm to her cheek. “When does he arrive?” There was a smile on Dongmin’s lips, realizing that his cousin might just be on board with his plan. “In the morning,” he said, and Nami’s eyes widened. “Min!” She exclaimed, but then again, he had already called for Moonbin two days prior.

 

Either way, what’s done is done – and all she can do is have someone ready a room for the Lord and good friend of Dongmin’s. “Fine,” she sighed, “I guess I’ll have Sooyeon or one of the maids make a room for him.” She said, standing up on her feet. Dongmin smiled as he also stood up onto his feet. “Should I call for a private meeting?” He asked while Nami looked at him with no emotions in her eyes or features, but he knew that he was giving him the okay to hold the private meeting – of course, he had to inform Baekhyun also.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Sooyeon, dear,” Nami called out as she approached the maid serving tea to Baekhyun and their friends – Irene, Junmyeon, and Chanyeol. All eyes were on her as Dongmin’s strive came following her own. “Yes, your highness?” She questioned and Nami smiled. The young maid simply reminded her of her most beloved maid back home in Astelin. “Dongmin and I have a special guest arriving in the early mornings. Could you see to it that you get a room ready for our guest?” The young maid nodded, making sure to add it to her list of to-dos before the day is over. “We’re having guests?” Baekhyun questioned, placing his cup of tea down. Dongmin smiled, nodding his head: “I meant to come to you, but I thought Nana would like to hear about it first,” he uttered while Irene turned to the Queen – who seemed to be distracted. “Also, Sooyeon,” she called out before Dongmin could add onto his sentence. “can you please bring some tea and snacks to my room whenever you’re convenient?” The girl nodded once more, excusing herself to go to the kitchen. The Queen gave her cousin a quick glance and a smile on her lips as she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter