[ ♡ ] Chapter XXIII.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It appears the tiredness that Nami felt extended for a few more days as she found herself in bed again four days later. Irene had seemed to realize that it was more than just tiredness. The look in her eyes as she visited the crowned Queen showed more than that.  She seemed fatigued and lack of appetite. Nami had no energy to get up and attend hearings from her people, Irene and Junmyeon’s wedding planning, or even speaking with her advising team. She and Baekhyun were also supposed to return to Korea as well and take care of things there – but it seems that there’s nothing they could do until she was well enough to travel again. What caused it, she doesn’t really know. It couldn’t be from traveling back from Belyra, she knew that much.

 

“How are you feeling, darling?” Her mother questioned as she walked into the Queen’s chambers. Nami had her body turned to Baekhyun’s side of the bed before she turned softly onto her back as she got a glimpse of who it was. The brunette smiled, her hair spilling down her shoulders as she sat up carefully. “Light-headed, but I’ll survive, mommy,” she uttered softly. The former Queen sat on the edge of the bed; the back of her hand pressed against the Queen’s forehead. “You don’t have a fever,” she muttered all while staring at the brunette. What bothers Nami is that when she’s ill, she’s almost out and about in two days. Except now, she feels as though the tiredness extended since her visit to Belyra. Everyone had come to and from to visit the Queen in bed – prompting to allow her to work from bed from time to time. She helped Junmyeon and Irene finish their guest list and their wedding is planned to move forward once the planners send out all the invitations to friends and family for this intimate wedding that would highlight the countries of the prospective parties involved. Baekhyun would bring back paperwork that required her signatures as well, and they would work from the comforts of their bed.

 

On and off. That’s how she would describe it all this all.

 

 Her mother let out a soft sigh, her hands resting in her lap: “Have you called upon the physician yet?” “I don’t need a physician, mother,” she whined. Nami shook her head as she moved her body back down to lay perfectly in her bed. Her mother sighed while the door to her chambers opened – welcoming another guest, or well… the owner of the other half of the chamber. “Oh,” Baekhyun called out as he stopped in his tracks, “mother.” He said, greeting her mother as the former Queen held a smile to Baekhyun. “Here to care for your wife?” She suspected and Baekhyun chuckled – nodding his head while moving closer to his wife and mother-in-law. “Perhaps you can convince her to call for the physician,” she suggested. Nami rolled her eyes, wiggling her body to find a comfortable spot within her space. “I thought Irene suggested that days ago?” Baekhyun questioned, tilting his head towards his wife.

 

“I told her not to,” the Queen mumbled, pulling the covers up and over her shoulders. “I don’t need the physician.” Her mother sighed for the nth time, eventually giving up as she stands up from the edge of the bed. She approached Baekhyun, resting a hand on his shoulder. He dipped his head in respect while she exited their chambers. Baekhyun inhaled deeply whilst he approached his side of the bed. He slipped off his shoes and climbed onto his side. “How are you feeling?” He examined, his hand reaching to pet her hair. Nami sighed as she moved closer to him. He seemed to have noticed her actions and wrapped his arms around her. “Are you sure you don’t want to call for the physician?”

 

“No,” she replied, shaking her head. Though, her hair soon was caught onto the intricate details of his jacket. “I’d feel better if you’d let the physician see you,” he retorted. His hand ran through her hair as he leaned back against the headboard. Though, uncomfortable he would prefer if she laid comfortably.

 

Silence filled the air as they laid there.

 

“What’s on your mind?” He tilted his head downwards, eyeing her – who stared forward with no emotion on her expression. But he’s come to notice when she’s gone into thought. He’s seen it happen many times before while they were in Korea. “Why did you react the way you did?” She asked out of the blue. He should be shocked about the question, but he wasn’t surprised. He knew what this was about: Mina. His former lover. Someone of his past. “There’s no explanation,” he admitted. A sigh escaped his lips whilst he leaned his head against the headboard. “The truthful answer is that I am just shocked that she is with child. She was one to despise children, and when someone like her has a change of heart – I find it ultimately shocking.” Nami blinked, lifting her head as she stared at him.

 

“Is it that shocking?” She asked with a look of confusion. The real problem to the situation was that she was put in a position where she ended up hurt – scarred because of Moon Bin’s now wife. The scar is a lot deeper for most people to digest. Even for a royal, she wanted to be seen as an equal. Mina didn’t see that though, she just wanted to prove everyone – from his staff to his closest friends – that Baekhyun was hers. Titles mean a lot to Baekhyun’s and her parents. Mistresses were normalized for any monarch, and she knew that he could have one. However, she didn’t want a loveless marriage. She did it for her countries. They started with an agreement, but Baekhyun changed that on his own accord. “It is shocking,” he uttered, “but I feel nothing for her.”

 

This time, Nami sat up, her legs crisscrossed under the blanket as her body is turned to Baekhyun. Baekhyun lifted his own head with a mere smile. “I know I have been building your trust and to the extent of things you have endured, but you are the only thing that matters to me. Sure, I’m happy that she’s with child, your friend deserves happiness as much the next.” Baekhyun hummed, nodding his head as he focused all of his attention on her. She had to know that she’s all that he honestly cares about. He likes to think that everything he’s done for her and tried to do for her was enough to prove that he is faithful. “But I would be much happier with our own child… or children.”

 

Nami blinked, eyeing him. Shock is more evident on her features as she stares at him. “Children?” She examined, tilting her head towards him. Baekhyun glanced at her before looking forward, he nodded his head and shrugged a shoulder. “I can imagine a child or two… or three,” he trailed, eyeing forward. “I can imagine them running around, creating a livelier environment.” This prompted Nami to eye him, a small smile creeping on her lips as she stretched her legs and laid back down, her cheek pressed against the uncomfortable, detailed material.

 

At least she got the closure she needed on the situation at hand when she constantly thought about the day that she witnessed Baekhyun expression when Dongmin mentioned Moon Bin and his wife’s conception. “Maybe we can raise them here,” he went on. Nami hummed, asking him why he thought that way. Typically, it’s the other way around when it comes to raising children. The King’s home is typically where children as supposed to be born and raised to allow the bloodline to grow. But Baekhyun doesn’t see it that way – he’s the type of King to break the norms to better himself. “It’s beautiful here,” he said, “it’s where their mother was born.” He uttered, petting her hair while she chuckled.

 

“Are we really having a conversation about children?”

 

Baekhyun let out a laugh and nodded his head. Before their visit to Belyra, they vowed they’d eventually have the conversation on having children. To fulfill their mother’s wishes of grandchildren. But more to it is that he loves her. He might not openly admit to it in front of her, but his actions do speak for themselves. Sometimes his actions are unclearly to her since she could never trust him beforehand – at his home in Korea. “We promised our mothers,” he reminded her.

 

She didn’t mind it, surprisingly. She’s come to adjust her life as a monarch and as a wife that has a husband who finally sees her for her and her side of things. It took her time to trust him, and had he’d not tell her that he had a lover the second day of meeting – she wouldn’t have these trust issues that stems from him. She allowed herself to nod her head against the uncomfortable material of a jacket. “A child or two would be nice,” she muttered, earning a look from the King. A smile plastered his lips while she looked fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter