[ ♡ ] Chapter XX.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun didn’t know how long he’s been in Astelin with his wife. He knew that for so long, he had been trying to make her believe in him – trying and trying everyday – that he hadn’t realized how long he was away from his own kingdom. His home. It wasn’t until Astelin had his parents pay a visit. He hadn’t realized that he was gone for so long that his mother had complained that she needed to see her daughter-in-law. He didn’t realize that they were gone for nearly four months. At least his father was keeping their kingdom afloat while Baekhyun came to Astelin to win his wife back.

 

“Are you in good terms now?” His mother questioned as he spent time with her in the study of Nami’s mother. Of course, her mother sat beside his observingly. “Did you apologize to my daughter?” Baekhyun had sat himself down in the loveseat across from his mother where he let out a laugh. A smile on his lips signifying that he was filled with happiness, with love. He knew that his expression was enough to answer his mother, but he still replied: “Very much so, mother.” His smile never flatters as he speaks. “It took a long time, but it was worth the while. We’re on much better terms.” The smile on his mother’s lips was enough to let him know that she was proud of him – proud that he did everything he could to win his wife back.  There was very little time for his mother to reply when there was a knock at the door. With a quick reply, Nami peeped her head inside the room before fully revealing herself to the former Queen. “Oh, my darling!” Baekhyun’s mother calls out as she stands up and walks over to the brunette with her arms extended. Nami smiled and extended her own arms to hug the former Queen. “Baekhyun never told me you were coming, so when Junmyeon told me you were here – I immediately had to come see you.”

 

Nami sent Baekhyun a playful glare as his mother watched the interaction closely. However, the smile on their mothers only grew. “I came to visit you, but I thought I would sit down with my darn son before I came to you. I thought that I would surprise you, but Junmyeon… the boy is quick to reveal.” She said allowing the Queen to chuckle and nod her head. “Come,” the former Queen uttered, motioning Nami to sit next in the middle of her mother and his on the couch. “How have you been, my darling?”

 

“Um,” Nami articulated, “it could be better.” She was being honest, and her mother knew of her internal struggles on how to be a Queen. She still had so much on her plate with her cousin; however, she had already sent a letter back to the Queen – her cousin – stating a visit to Belyra. “Has Baekhyun done something to you again?” His mother questioned, earning a look from her son who called out her name. But Nami chuckled once again, shaking her head in the process: “He’s been… him. But he’s also been supportive of many things.” Nami replied honestly. This earned a smile from his mother. All in all, everyone in the castle – and maybe Baekhyun’s castle – was happy that the two are finally ruling as one and not as two individuals. “That’s good,” the former said, “now, when are we going to have grandchildren?” The King and Queen eyes widened as they stared towards their mothers. Nami turned to her mother and blinked, but the former Queen just smiled with her hand caressing the Queen’s hair. “It’s too early to discuss mother,” Baekhyun said as he cleared his throat. And it was true. They had just gotten better, and it was too early to discuss tiny royals. “But forward in the future, you might have grandchildren.” This earned a look from the Queen of three countries while Baekhyun simply grinned as it was a normal conversation they’d have.

 

Sure, Nami wanted children of her own – but Baekhyun seemed as though they’d might have them… because they haven’t had a discussion on the topic yet. Perhaps she won’t deny it. Their children would be beautiful. “Have you two spoke about having children?” Her mother asked, eyeing her daughter curiously before looking back the King. The King and Queen shared a long glance – well, mostly Nami glaring at Baekhyun. “We didn’t,” she responded. “It’s a topic we will discuss once everything is over or subsided,” Baekhyun finished as he blandly referring to her situation of inheriting Belyra. “Ah, yes,” her mother called out, patting the brunette’s hand. “When will the journey to Seulgi happen, darling?” Nami let out a sigh.

 

A tired sigh.

 

“At the moment,” she breathed in, “I’m not sure, but soon… I promised I would visit in case something was to happen to our dear Seulgi.” Her mother held a smile, a proud one. One that said she was proud of how Nami grew from a young Princess to the ruler of three countries. “I’m so proud of the woman you have become, Addy.” Her mother said, leaving a smile on Nami’s lips. She leaned over and placed her head on her mother’s shoulder, but her crown seemed to weigh heavy – allowing her to simply wrap her arms around her mother.

 

 “I learned from the best mother any girl can have.” Her mother chuckled and patted the brunette’s back.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Your Highness,” Chanyeol called out as he came jogging towards Nami and Baekhyun. Her eyes widened at the male running forward to them – the wide happy smile that plastered the advisor’s lips made her turn to Baekhyun and let out a laugh. “He’s always been this way,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but Nami was quite amused with the advisor’s natural ecstatic behavior. “I find it refreshing,” she uttered while Chanyeol approached them, “he brings life to the castle.” “Perhaps you can keep him here,” Baekhyun muttered with a roll to his eyes. Chanyeol furrowed his brows, mouth ajar as he feigned hurt. “Quiet frankly, I prefer your wife’s kingdom anyway,” Chanyeol said with a mocking tone exactly the Baekhyun had uttered towards the advisor. Nami let out a laugh, shaking her head: “You’re welcome to stay here if you’d like, Chanyeol. You have adapted well here.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed allowing the Queen to nudge him in a manner to let him know to play nice while the brunette focused on the advisor. Chanyeol held a smile and thanked the kind Queen. “Was there something you needed?” She questioned and Chanyeol completely forgot why he had run all the way over to the King and Queen. “Ah, yes!” He exclaimed with his index finger raised up. “It appears Junmyeon and Lady Irene seems to be arguing, and as someone who’d like to get some work done – I can’t do that.”

 

“What are they arguing about?”

 

Nami questioned, eyes filled with concern while she turned her head to Baekhyun and back to Chanyeol. “Wedding preparations, I suppose?” He replied and the brunette let out a sigh. Though, she nodded and finds herself walking away from the two males. And there was no doubt that they were in the conference room because that is mainly where Chanyeol and her father spent their time working and checking paper works. She figured that they were arguing about the wedding th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter