[ ♡ ] Chapter X.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dongmin has been here for a few days now, and he’s already accomplished so much by bringing in supplies and getting Baekhyun out into the publics’ eyes. Even Nami had called for her countries to bring in supplies to his country. Her parents had heard and sent a letter telling her how proud they are of her as Queen of three countries. They gave Baekhyun the spotlight in helping the children’s homes in his country that even the papers headlined him: ‘The King of Korea joins the Jewel Queen and Prince in making a difference in the world.’ It was the least that Dongmin and Nami could do to make him the better King. Even after all that Dongmin has helped done, he thinks more could be accomplished. At least, in his opinion – whenever Baekhyun decided he wasn’t too busy.

 

“Tell me about this lover of Baekhyun’s,” Dongmin demanded as he pulled back the blankets atop of his bed while Nami sighed, already in his bed with her back leaned against the headboard. Irene had already excused herself for the day, since she would be meeting with Junmyeon’s parents. The Queen was quite happy that her best friend and lady-in-waiting had met someone who matched her energy and abilities. Even Dongmin had continued to tease that he could smell a wedding for his friend soon. To which, Irene rolled her eyes and left them at their expense.

 

Although, moments like this – whenever Dongmin is around, she could just invade his space and talk to him. And he’d be okay with it, seeing how they’ve grown up together and basically spent every waking moment together. He sighed and placed the blanket over his legs, hands resting in his lap and his book in between them. “What do you want to know, Min? Because all I can tell you is that she and I share a mutual dislike for one another – and truth be told, she wants me dead if it means she can have Baekhyun to herself. Not that… I want anything to do with him other than to fool the public.” Dongmin gave her a look as he paused from the tousle of his blanket. “Nana, you know there’s more to that than meets the eye with you two, and you quite know that.” He said and the Queen blinked, brows risen in question. “What does that mean?” She retorted and he simply smiled, shaking his head.

 

“Do you even know her name?” He questioned, changing the subject. Nami sighed and leaned her head back, shaking it against the headboard. “All I’ve ever referred her to is ‘Miss Kim’. I know that her father is Baekhyun’s father’s most trusted advisor and now his on his advising team.” Dongmin furrowed his brows even more. Baekhyun had only mentioned that she was upset about being in a different country – different kingdom from her own. And all he wanted was to make her happy by penning to Dongmin with such a pleading stance. “Baekhyun told me that you were angry with her before my arrival,” he mentioned, grabbing his book that he had placed down prior, “He said that you told him to take care of her or you will.” Nami rolled her eyes, groaning as she threw the pillow that rested in her lap – her crown tipping slightly off her head. “Is that all he told you?” She asked. “Because he didn’t tell you the whole story. If his stupid lover didn’t walk in and think she was superior than me, I wouldn’t be so angry.”

 

“What do you mean?” Dongmin questioned, raising a brow.

 

“Well,” she uttered, “Joo and I were having a conversation, catching up like any normal day. It was a delightful conversation until she walked into the library thinking that Baekhyun was there. So, Joo being the smart-alec that she is, she and that girl got into it. His lover went on about how she’s the daughter of his most beloved advisor, that she’s of noble blood, and that Joo should watch the way she speaks to her, etc.” Nami rolled her eyes at the memory – despising his lover. Dongmin raised his brows, eyeing his cousin with a questionable expression. He knew that his cousi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter