[ ♡ ] Prologue I: Adelaine Nami Kang.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My love,” the King called out, reaching out to grasp his only daughter’s hand. “you are our countries pride and joy, and you will take the throne only if you marry.”

 

Adelaine Nami Kang—also know as Princess Addie or Nami, has worked her whole life to please her parents, to live up to the expectations that they wanted from her. She knew that it was going to be difficult once she was of age to marry the son of their countries most precious ally since her grandfather’s time as ruler. Much to Nami’s pleasure, she was the only child of King James and Eunmi Kang. She would be the only person who would take on the throne once her parents ( or rather her father ) passed it down to her. Though, his only catch was for her to marry a prince if she wanted to queen.

 

Nami couldn’t see the problem when there has been a time where Queen’s ruled alone. Maybe her parents wanted to give her a chance of happiness? She will never know. Growing up as a royal was the most difficult thing she could imagine. She always wondered what it was like to grow up in the middle class, and at least get the feeling of understanding how children had friends. As princess, she spent most of her time in the library, learning to read and write. She had to educate herself with literatures of many different languages and educate herself of mannerism. Every royal needed the essence of mannerism and socialization skills.

 

Despite being her parents’ only child, Nami found herself enduring the capabilities of a warrior. She was taught by one of her father’s advisors on how combat worked, how to work a sword, and how to shoot the perfect arrow. One could say that she was talented in many ways, or that she kept busy since the moment she started walking and talking.

 

Like any child, she has always been against marrying someone she barely knew, even if her parents knew. She would always object and whine to her mother with ‘I don’t want to marry!’ but the Queen simply ignored her whines and continued teaching her what was right and wrong. Whatever will better their countries—Astelin and Miralin. Nami supposed it was an obligation and her duty to make her people proud.

 

Now that she is of age, her parents were ecstatic that they were going to see their daughter married soon. But even then, there was an unsettling feeling that lingered in Nami’s gut. Maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter