[ ♡ ] Chapter XXI.

Feigned Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dreading the idea of the trip to Belyra was an understatement. The journey to Seulgi’s country was in motion. When Nami’s parents heard that they were visiting the Queen of Belyra, her father was ecstatic because he believed that his daughter is off to visit her fourth coming country. This causes the brunette to roll her eyes and ignore her father’s words as much as she could while she took in her mother’s encouragement and wishes to greet Seulgi on her behalf. She’s done a lot of thinking, with the help of Baekhyun, of course, to take it into consideration and options that would be before her soon. If Seulgi, indeed, is terminally ill- she’d have to find other options to relinquish herself from the Belyra throne. If Seulgi is not terminally ill and they can cure her, then all problems are solved. She’d just go through with three countries. She didn’t want to be that one monarch that basically ruled over too many countries. She didn’t have it in her to do that to anyone. She just wanted to visit her ill cousin.

 

Dongmin could be the next on the throne for Belyra, but he didn’t want to be anything more than a Prince – the Duke of Verlida. He never intended to ever be King. Even in her situation, she didn’t want him to obtain the throne, even if he is next in line after her for the Belyra throne. Things were perfect the way they are, and she’s going to try her best to keep it that way for Dongmin – he loves the freedom he has as the Duke of Verilda and his title of Jewel Prince.

 

Dongmin, of course, joined them on their journey; however, in different traveling arrangements but no doubt will meet with Nami and Baekhyun in Belyra. Nami couldn’t exactly feel at east or calm because she didn’t know her cousin’s brother (someone she didn’t get along with) or people would react if some Queen who became Queen several months ago would suddenly take their Queen’s throne.

 

In shorter terms, she doesn’t know how anyone will react to the King and Queen of Astelin, Miralin and Korea visiting.

 

Nami slightly jumped as she felt a hand placed above hers. Her eyes glanced down before she turned her head towards Baekhyun, a mere smile plastering her lips. They were close to entering the castle of Belyra and her nerves had not really been at much ease. “Are you alright?” Baekhyun questioned, concern laced in his voice and expression. Was it her expression or pale face that told him that she wasn’t all together? Or the fact that she stayed quiet the whole journey?

 

Of course, she’d be in her own little world, she’s visiting her cousin after such a long time, but she responded: “I’m fine,” she said. Though, it was like Baekhyun knew that something was not fine. He’s gotten to know her a lot better after making up weeks leading up to this moment. Her parents – mostly her mother – is finally seeing his potential after what he’d put her through. Things were heading up and nowhere down anymore. His mother, too, is glad to see that things are okay now. Except for the mere fact that she’s expecting a grandchild soon. It hadn’t really become as awkward as Baekhyun and Nami has had the conversation of having children already.

 

For example, like how many children they’d have or where they’ll be raised. They knew that they’d be Princes and Princesses of three countries, and it was a lot of pressure to raise perfect children. However, baby talk would have to wait until the time is right or – if it happens, it happens.

 

The Queen had too much on her plate right now and stressing if she was pregnant would lead to complications to her pregnancy. The King understood, and he wouldn’t force her into anything until she was ready to fulfill that side of her dreams.

 

Baekhyun let out a soft sigh as he held onto her hand with a soft squeeze: “I know it’s nerve wrecking and it’s been a while since you’ve seen your cousin, but I know everything is going to be okay.” Nami tilted her head with a smile. “Very comforting words, but the jitters are continuous, Baekhyun.” She replied honestly. Truth be told, she could feel the nerves bubbling from head to toe. Her fingers felt like the nerves were on fire, anxious in every way. But it’s just your cousin, there’s no need to be anxious. She thought, but clearly her body reacted differently from her brain. Before Baekhyun could even get a word out to comfort her, their carriage came to a halt – indicating that they’ve arrived at the Belyra castle. Now, it really was all or nothing.

 

She could hear the distant voices whispering outside their carriage and their footman stepping aside to pull open their carriage door. “Ready?” Baekhyun questioned, eyeing his wife with much concern in his eyes. She blined a few times, letting out a shaky breath but nodded her head. Baekhyun gave her a warm smile just as their door opened. He was the first to exit the carriage while she followed with his hand held out to her for assistance. Just as they stepped away from their carriage, another came to a halt behind theirs. A similar carriage except it was more distinct to knowing it belonged to Dongmin. Nami had expected that her cousin to arrive before them, but it was much relief to know he’d arrived the same time. That way, he’d walk on the other side of her into the castle.

 

Distinct whispers like: “They’re so beautiful.” “Look at our royal highness’ cousins, they look like they’ve come out of a fairytale!” or “I didn’t expect them to look this way.” “They look so much more beautiful than their pictures portray them.” Were all that Nami head as she turned her attention to focus on her cousin exiting his own carriage. Dongmin focused his attention to Nami’s direction as he gave the King and Queen one of his signature smiles – the one where he had people talking. Which, her cousin’s servants and people did talk about. “I expected you were going to arrive here much earlier than us,” Baekhyun mentioned as he grinned to the approaching Prince. “I had a late start, I suppose.” He replied while Dongmin gave his beloved cousin a smile, his hand placed on the small of her back as a reassurance to letting her know that she’s going to be okay. She wouldn’t lie, it was comforting and soothing all in one.

 

“Shall we?” she questioned, turning her body towards the entrance. As on cue, the butler of her cousins announced their arrival individually – making sure that Nami’s name stood out to the crowd. It was as if he wanted to make it known who the next heir to the throne was. Though, it seemed that she received nothing but bows and compliments of her beauty and power while the women urged on about her husband and cousin.

 

The door of the castle opens widely, revealing the one person they’ve come to visit. A large smile plastered the Queen of Belyra’s lips as she stepped out from the large castle doors. “Cousin,” she greeted. Nami, too, couldn’t hide the smile on her lips – even if she was nervous to be in Belyra. “Seulgi,” she called out as Seulgi took a step forward. The brunette’s eyes trailed after her cousin’s movements towards them – surely filled with concern in case her cousin collapsed before her. “She looks fine,” Dongmin muttered in the direction of Nami, who seemed to focus on her other cousin. Seulgi came forward, arms open wide for a brief exchange of hugs

 

Warily, Nami returned her cousin’s hugs as she eyed Dongmin. There was sadness in the Queen’s eyes and it’s because she knew her cousin’s ill, and she hadn’t really seen her cousin in so long. Everyone led very different lives and the only ones that every kept in touch was Dongmin and Nami – mainly because they grew up in the same castle and did almost everything together, and they live in the same district. Seeing Seulgi was like once in a blue moon because she became Queen first, and she became busier leading a country and all. “Come here you,” Seulgi called out to Dongmin, releasing herself from the brunette. Dongmin held a nervous smile as he held out his own open arms for his cousin.

 

Baekhyun could tell that Nami wasn’t feeling particularly happy, so he placed his hand on the small of her back, urging her to stand closer to him. unlike the Jewel Prince and Queen, he didn’t really know much about Seulgi – other than the fact that she’s the Queen and cousin of Nami and Dongmin who is ill and unmarried.

 

“I’m so glad you two came to visit me. I know I’m not as strong as I would like to be right now, but nevertheless am I happy to see you two.” Seulgi mentioned, taking a step back to get a better look at her younger cousins. “We’re glad to see you too, cousin,” Dongmin chuckled softly while Seulgi smiled, motioning them to move into the castle away from the prying eyes outside the castle doors that stood in lines. Her eyes, though, were set on the new face – someone she’s never seen but heard of before. “You must be my cousin’s husband – King of Korea?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes held a stunned expression, but he greeted the Queen with a nod and a smile. “Baekhyun,” he introduced, “it’s a pleasure to officially meet you.” Seulgi smiled, “Likewise.” She said as she motioned them to walk with her – Nami walking beside her cousin Queen and Baekhyun on the left side of his wife. “You’ve caught yourself quite the catch, cousin,” Seulgi indicated towards Nami with a grin and a soft nudge to the brunette’s ribcage. “He’s a sight for sore eyes.” Dongmin and Nami rolled their eyes with a chuckle escaping both their lips simultaneously. “That he is,” Nami laughed while Baekhyun held a grin, her hand sitting on the fold of his arm as he walked beside her.

 

The three followed Seulgi and her maid.

 

“You all must be tired,” Seulgi said, “perhaps you should settle in and rest for the time being.” Dongmin nodded, giving his cousin a smile. Nami could feel her nerves subsiding as she’s reminded of all the times she’s spent in this castle – but also because it’s Seulgi, her cousin. Someone she’s comfortable around once she’s put in front of them. “I suppose I’ll let you all settle into your chambers, and we’ll talk more when you’re refreshed.” Seulgi said while they were guided to a corridor that would be shared by the Queen of Belyra’s guests.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter