save your self

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

A/N: Please read 20 again. (T.T) Trust me you haven't read that yet. 

 

 February 2013

Baekhyun huffed, rolling his eyes. His vision settled on the arm that he raised, looking at the time. His wristwatch reads 5 pm, meaning Chanyeol's classes was done since an hour ago.

So why isn't that jerk here yet? 

He asked to be my partner on our physics project and yet he was nowhere to be seen. 

Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol had never been classmates, however the two met a few months ago at the club registration and became close because they 'almost' share the same personality. 

When Baekhyun is an obnoxious and loud guy, Chanyeol is a goofy guy who likes to play pranks on his friends. The two were match and gasoline and they were inseparable. They were closer than close. So when the time came that the taller introduced his girlfriend to the shorter, Baekhyun never hesitated to show his distaste towards the ridiculous girl.

Annoyed at his absent friend, Baekhyun leaned away from the brick wall of the building, arranging the sling of his bag on his shoulders as he could feel the ache settling on his back now. 

Feeling someone else's presence on his peripheral vision, the short guy shifted his head to his left only to find himself trying his best to not roll his eyes at the intruder. 

It was Im Sua. 

Chanyeol's girlfriend. 

She was looking at him with that usual bored expression on her face. Well, that expression only changes when she's with his tall friend. She was crossing her arms on top of her chest, her overgrown fringe covering almost half of her face. 

He doesn't like her. 

Not one bit.

When Baekhyun moved to walk away from the place, especially now that the vixen was here, she spoke. 

"Chanyeol's on a meeting about the upcoming runway contest so he wouldn't be able to see you." She speak with her chilly voice and Baekhyun looked up the sky shortly before shifting his attention to her. 

"I know. Seeing how you're in the same space as me." He deadpanned before smiling at her sarcastically. Sua immediately furrowed her brows at him before untangling her arms on top of her chest. Baekhyun arched one brow at her. 

"But he told me to gather articles and help you." She continued her speech and the other wanted to bang his head to the nearest wall. 

Why does that lunatic need to send her to work with me?! 

"No, thank you." He countered. "I'll be fine by myself."  He motioned to move again and that's when he heard her 'tsking'. He glared at her menacingly but she didn't get to witness this as she was busy stomping her left for on the ground and she was poking the side of her cheek by her tongue. She was looking to the ground on her side and Baekhyun found it as the most annoying thing in the world. 

He was holding his temper to not lash out on her and avenge his cousin. After all, there was no concrete evidence that it was her who did it. but Baekhyun believes his cousin Aemi. 

She wouldn't lie. 

However, until he couldn't get proof that it was her doing, it would just turn out to the eyes of everyone that he was barking at the wrong tree. 

So he tried to hold his temper in front of her. 

"I want to be a good girlfriend so stop your antics and let's just get things over." She said in a low tone and Baekhyun's brows furrowed. 

"fine." He challenged. "Let's finish early." 

"Suit yourself."

--

Passing by the small chapel on the south wing towards the school library, Byun Baekhyun took notice of the little candles lit inside the place. He halted his steps as he stared hard inside the chapel. His companion, stopped on walking too, glancing up at him. 

"What day is it again?" He asked unconsciously, forgetting that he hates Im Sua to his guts. 

Nevertheless, the devil answered before she followed his line of vision. "It's Tuesday." Her eyes widened immediately upon seeing what was displayed at the altar. 

"Is there a mass?" Baekhyun asked confusedly before whipping his head at the girl, who had her eyes widened. She looked away in hopes of hiding her expression from him but he already caught on. 

He didn't say anything, but he was weirded out by the fact that she looked almost scared of the situation. He shifted his feet closer towards the small chapel, trying his best to recognise the face on the picture upon realizing something. 

She looks like someone he knows...

And then he realized it!

Before he could even step a whole lot closer to the memorial photo on the altar, he was stopped by the arm by none other Im Sua.

He looked back at her, confused as to why she all of a sudden tugged on his arm, holding onto his wrists casually. 

She was digging holes through his head and Baekhyun felt his throat going dry at the intensity of her gaze. 

"Let's go. We need to finish the articles today." 

Finished with her sentence, Im Sua pulled his arm away from the chapel, closer to their destination. Finally, the guy decided to drop his curiosity after sparing a glance at the empty chapel. 

The girl in the picture...

Looks like Song Yejeong.

His classmate on Social Studies.

--

On his day off, Byun Baekhyun visited Aemi's unit once more. He wasn't bringing anything because he plans to take her out on a date so she will get enough sunlight for her health. However, the moment he opened the door to her unit, a displeased looking Byun Aemi was the one to greet him. 

He smiled nevertheless, Byun Baekhyun was Aemi's kryptonite so it's just a matter of time before he crushes her guard. 

Soon, Aemi and Baekhyun was walking down the plaza, strolling after they have eaten their lunch. Wandering through the clothes shop they passes by the main district, the cousins soon purchased some clothes of their liking and accessories to adorn their choice of clothing. 

However, as they were set to eat for a second round for dessert, the older of the Byuns felt his cousin stiffening as they were walking down the dessert alley where roads were lined with cafes and pastry shops. 

He looked on his right when he felt her hands that was holding his arms cold. She was looking on ahead with a horrified expression on her face, her forehead covered with beads of sweat and her lips trembled. His brows pinched together, darting his eyes to where she was looking and soon, he too froze on his spot. 

If his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, he was sure he saw Chanyeol going out of one of the shops. He was surprised by that fact, to see him at this part of the city means he was far from the old Chanyeol who used to consider what people thinks about him. However, he was more surprised to see the girl he's with. 

It was Song Yejeong.

The girl that went missing six years ago, was with Park Chanyeol. 

White Swan's Secret Weapon. 

He felt the body next to his collapsing and he quickly shifted his body to carry her weight, leaning her body towards his. 

He shook his cousin awake, "Aemi-yah! Aemi-yah!"

Byun Baekhyun glanced at the path that the two walked on, but they were already out of sight. Looking down at his cousin once more, he felt more confused about everything. 

The girl on the picture at the chapel...

Im Sua's reaction...

Aemi's response...

Chanyeol's reappearance. 

Everything doesn't makes sense. 

But this time, Byun Baekhyun was dead set of knowing the truth. He was tired of being kept in the limelight of everything. 

a with this thought in mind, Baekhyun carried his cousin on his back to the nearest hospital, ready to throw questions at her when she wakes up. 

--

Aemi woke up and the first thing that she saw was the white ceiling. Nevertheless, she knew that she wasn't in the hospital because the smell of antiseptics wasn't there and the light wasn't blinding. Most probably, she was in her room because the prominent smell of her humidifier was there. 

Events from earlier immediately rushed through her mind and she shut her eyes tight, feeling frustrated at herself.

She thought she was fine already. 

She thought she had escape from the shackles of the past, but she was wrong. 

Very wrong. 

She was sure she died, so why—

"You're awake." 

His voice sounded the same. Just like when he was teasing her, making her laugh, or simply talking to her. But this time, there was a heavy weight on each word he spoke. And Byun Aemi knew that there was no escape from him anymore.

Opening her eyes again, she shifted her face to the direction of his voice. True enough, he was there, sitting on her couch, with a displeased expression on his face, his arms and legs crossed. 

Funny how they've changed roles. Earlier she was the one pissed off at him for showing up unannounced. However this time, he was the one obviously mad at her, but with a completely different reason. 

"Oppa..." She muttered and that was the guy's cue to stand up from the seat. 

"The doctor that you were just shock and you need rest so I didn't admit you anymore. I believe you'll get enough rest when you're here." He explained without looking at her at all and she felt disappointment that he was treating her indifferently. 

Baekhyun approached the medicine on her bedside table after pouring a glass of water from the pitcher. He turned to her, helping her sat up before going back to bedside table, getting hold of the tablet and the water. She called him when he didn't spare her a glance. "Oppa..."

"Drink this first and we'll talk." was his thrift answer and Aemi felt like crying. 

Nonetheless, the younger followed the holder's instruction, drinking the medicine like a good girl. When the guy sat by the side of her bed, did Aemi felt dread rising up her system. She's sure he was going to ask about earlier. 

"After the contest," Baekhyun trailed off, eyeing the bed sheets that she went to grip on harshly, her knuckles turning white. "What exactly happened?" He turned to look at her widened eyes seriously. 

Byun Baekhyun knew what happened after Aemi became Chanyeol's model at one of his contests but he wants to get the information clearly. He knows he was pushing dangerous buttons but he couldn't afford being made a fool once more. Not by his cousin at least. 

Almost immediately, tears brimmed the girl's eyes as the recollection from the past came rushing back. It was over seven years already but everything was haunting her even so. She had taken therapy to cure her trauma regarding the matter but what ensued after that incident was what damaged her beyond repair. 

Not even the most skilled therapist in Korea would be able to heal her. Because she herself, couldn't speak of this. 

Even if she wants to so bad, she was chained to the memory of what happened six years ago. 

"I know this is hard for you." She was brought back go reality at the sound of Baekhyun's soothing voice and she looked at him desperately. 

"But no one would be able to save you other than yourself." He concluded and the tears that she kept on trying to hold back fell one by one, racing down her cheeks. 

"So tell me, Aemi-yah." 

"Tell me and save your self..."

--

2012

One week after the runway contest, Byun Aemi was back to normal life once more. Attending classes, passing term papers and doing her school projects for their finals. 

It's a shame that Chanyeol lost because somebody sabotaged their stage but she was still thankful for the experience. 

As a young child, Byun Aemi possesses a very low self esteem. If not only for her older cousin who was always there to protect her from bullies then she would definitely broken down a long time ago. 

Being his cousin alone attracts bullies and she would always wish that he would come and fetch her every time when people were whispering about her because by then, he would always cover her eras with jokes and stories about how his day went. 

Yes, Byun Baekhyun is the only one Byun Aemi needed. 

But then, growing up, she had managed to learn how to stand on her own ground. Soon, she met people who actually accepted her for who she was and she became a little bit relaxed about the surroundings. 

Who knew she would be able to pull off such stage at that state of esteem?

However, she didn't expect that she would be back to square one, And without Byun Baekhyun to help her. 

All of a sudden, she felt a tremendous pain at the back of her head, knocking her unconscious.

Aemi woke up to the sound of motorbikes noisily belching, as if the vehicle was surrounding her. Opening her eyes, her eyes almost bulged out of its sockets upon witnessing the surroundings. Two motorbikes were surrounding her, running wildly that creates sounds that hurts her ear. 

She realized that she was lying down on the dirty ground and her university clothes were damped. Not only that,when she motioned to lean her hands on the ground, she came upon the realization that she was tied, and was muffled by a thick cloth.

Panic rose in her system upon discovering the surroundings. She was in an abandoned warehouse. The only light was the ones coming from the motorbikes and she couldn't see the drivers clearly. 

In fear, she forced herself to sit up albeit having much difficulty. Along with fear comes confusion. Why was she here? Is she seriously kidnapped? They wouldn't  benefit from anything. 

The moment she stood up, the vehicles stopped too and everything became dark. Breathing heavily, Aemi forced herself to be alert despite the throbbing pain at her skull. She couldn't see anything so she was at disadvantage here. 

The only thing she could do is to keep her senses on alert and she was sure to save herself.

"Oh, you're awake." 

That voice!

She knew that voice very well!

She looked behind the direction if the voice only to feel something hard slamming on her face. Aemi flew across the room, landing on her stomach. 

She felt tears b her eyes the moment the pain got inflicted to her cheek. Not being able to move, the girl opted to crawl using her legs that wasn't tied but then stopped midway when she felt somebody pulling on her hair. 

She whimpered in pain, feeling as if her skin was being torn away from her skull. The tears finally fell and she breathed heavily at the pain, not being able to do anything a side from those. 

"Ah, does this hurt?" the owner of the voice cooed before she went to shake her grasp on Aemi's hair that earned a muffled wail. 

 A shrill laughter came from her and she dropped her hold to the younger's hair all of a sudden. 

Aemi's face met the ground and another pain was inflicted to her face. Soon, she felt pain on her stomach because of the kicks that was attacking her. 

Not knowing what to do or how to escape, Byun Aemi accepted all the blows until her tolerance couldn't hold on to anymore, finally dropping her unconscious. 

But even so, she wouldn't forget that voice. 

Not in a million years. 

Not even when she died. 

Nope, even after she died. 

~end of chapter 22~

A/N: I'm cutting it here, hahah, before it gets too long. No worries there will be a second part to this. Anyways, I'm starting to drop bombs now so please do let me know if it's making you confused or it's getting boring hahahah. I realized I need to write about the other characters too so I'm not focusing on CHANHANA couple just yet hahahah (XD does the name even makes sense, oh well nvm). 

And, um more bombs will be dropped on the upcoming chapters so please do stay tuned. The story's reaching it's turning point now finally ahahhaha. Things are falling to place already. and hey, Byun Baekhyun was back again and he's not just a cameo in here XP. 

Yeah, let me know your thoughts okay?

muah~