Song Yejeong

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

Chanyeol lowered his luggage on the ground as he examined his old place from below. He smiled genuinely. A lot of things had happened and changed in this neighborhood. He scanned the surroundings as he let memories came rushing back to him 

May, 2011

"Yes, I'm doing fine mom, don't worry... I'll be home on Christmas break... Yes... Yes, noted... Mm, okay... Take care." 

The call ended long ago, but he was still busy looking at his mobile phone, a smile on his lips. 

He misses his family so much but because he wanted to become a fashion designer so much, he decided to leave home and try his fortune at Seoul. 

He was currently a Second Year student in University, under fashion designing program in the Arts Department. It may be hard, but two years from now and he will be a renowned fashion designer. He kept help but smile at this thought. Just a few more push, and he'll be there. 

--

"Chanyeol!" I'm Sua called from afar. Chanyeol, who had his head hung low while walking looked up to see the smiling girl waving up at him. He smiled warmly at her, ushering her to go to him. 

Immediately, the girl run towards his place. The guy decided he'd meet her halfway so he too, started walking towards her. 

"When will you be off?" She asked him. 

"Hmm..." He pressed his lips together, acting as if he was thinking. "Well, it was a little earlier than 6 pm but a little later than 4 pm. So I guess, around 5 o' clock?" He laughed when Sua elbowed him on his side. 

"What was that? Really..." She shook her head at the tall guy. "Chanyeol, should we go home together?" 

Chanyeol tilted his head on the side. "I'll think about it." He answered. 

Sua scoffed. "What kind of an answer was that?" 

He took her by surprise by planting his lips on hers quickly before he smiled cheekily at her. 

"What the-" she turned to her side to see the guy already running away from her place. "I'll fetch you after class!" He said, waving her goodbye. 

--

"Excuse me. Is this seat taken?" Chanyeol lifted his head to see a girl with a light brown hair just below her shoulder looking at him inquiringly. 

"Uh, no." He answer then bowed lightly when the girl did so before seating beside him. 

Song Yejeong was actually a transferee in the university for that semester. They were classmates only at one subject and so the two never became friends actually. 

--

GNU Fashion Runway. 

Chanyeol kept on looking at the flyer their department gave him one night. He kept keep the smile off his face. He ll definitely win this one. He rummeged inside his drawers to look for his notebook. Quickly turning the pages, he decided what to submit in the competition. 

"Aha! I'll use this one." Quickly taking a photo of his design, he opened his email account to send his entry for the university runway. 

--

"So you guys are the ones to passed the preliminary round and will be the lucky students to present their works at the actual contest." Professor Jang announced proudly, clapping his hands in the process. "Let me introduce your designs one by one and your model. As I do so, please come in front and explain your inspiration for the dress."

"Neh!" 

"I'm Nam Woohyun. My model is Kim Bora..."

"Lee Miso, my partner, to portray my work will be Mark Than, an international student..."

"Kim Hayoung..."

"Nam Jihyun-"

"OK Taecyeon-"

"My name is Park Chanyeol. This girl beside me, Han SongYi will be my model."

"I'm Kim Heechul. Actually, I guess I'm the oldest here, and my model would be the transferee, Song Yejeong."

--

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol-ah."

Chanyeol looked down to see his notebook being brought back to him, by his supposed to be model, Han SongYi. 

"Why?" He asked. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" 

"No." She quickly dismissed. "Its not that. I like working with you, Chanyeol-ah. Its just that, I think Sua-yah doesn't like it when you're around other girls."

"What?" He frowned. Sua, how could she do that?

"Look. Chanyeol, she threatened me to have my father fired in the company if she saw me wear your works, let alone be near you. Meeting you here is a hard thing to do, as well. I'm sorry, Chanyeol-ah. But I'd don't think I cab do this anymore." 

"But SongYi-yah. I thought of only you when I submitted the entry. I don't think other models would suit the dress." He tried convincing her. 

SongYi smiled guiltily, before reaching out for his hand. "I'm sorry, Yeol-ah. But I can't do this. I can't risk my father. But, if you ever need my help, I'll always be here, on the side. Cheering for you."

"Song-"

"I'm sorry Chanyeol." And she left him alone in the hallway. 

--

"Come on, Baek. Just this once." Chanyeol followed around his best friend like a lost puppy, irking the shorter one off. 

"No. I said no already!" He stopped abruptly only to look at the taller. 
"Baek, come on." Chanyeol pouted. 

Baekhyun huffed. "Are you a kid? Stop pouting, you're a grown man now!" Baekhyun crossed his arms together. "You'd bother Aemi to what? Wear the dress, and have your obsessed girl threaten her as well? Yeol, she's not even a student on our uni. Stop it, my uncle would kill me." 

"She wouldn't, I'll make sure of it." He still followed the midget wherever he go. 

All of a sudden, Baekhyun stopped walking. He turned to Chanyeol to send him a menacing glare. "Chanyeol, the problem here aren't the girls you work with. It's your girlfriend, Sua. You talk to her, and I'll let you ask my cousin."

"I'll talk to her."

--

But Im Sua never stopped pestering Byun Baekhyun's cousin when she learned  that the girl was Chanyeol's next model. 

"Sua-yah. The competition is around the corner, why are you doing this?" Chanyeol asked one afternoon when the couple decided to hang out in his place after class. 

"Chanyeol, I hate it when girls flock around you, flirting and such. You know I hate that the most." She argued. 

The guy sighed. "They aren't flirting with me. Besides, I was the one to asked then to model for me. So please stop now, okay?"

Sua sighed a long one before answering, "all right. But when you won, treat me to some fancy restaurant, alright?" 

Chanyeol, hearing her response, finally smiled. "Sure. Where do you want to go?"

--

But the chance to win never once crossed Chanyeol's fate. Because at the day of the competition, his design was ruined into pieces, forcing the guy to think of other designs for his model to wear. Unfortunately,he was disqualified because he made his model wear another design which was different from the one he passed during the preliminary rounds. 

--

"Is she still pestering you?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Huh? No. And actually, I like it this way." Chanyeol looked at his photo hanging across the wall to examine if it was placed there nicely. 

"Come on, Yeol. Aren't you rushing into things? We know how prideful Sua can be. She must be regretting what she did to you, now."

"She better does. Anyway, I'm not coming back anytime soon. I'm quite... Tired of her attitude, Baek. She wasn't like that before."

"She wasn't?" Baekhyun hollered, a little bit incredulous. "Should I make you remember what she did to Aemi-" 

"Why? What happened with Sua and Aemi?" 

The guy on the other end paused. "Well..." 

"What did she do Baek?" 

"What? No! Nothing!"

Chanyeol felt his anger rising. "What did she do? Tell me or I swear I'll ask Aemi-"

"I realized I was busy before calling you. I'm off bye!"

"Yah, Baek-"

And the line went dead. Chanyeol looked at his phone for a really long time before placing it back in his pockets. Memory flooded his thoughts once more. 

--

"Aemi-yah. What happened?" Chanyeol asked the moment he saw the girl not changing into her outfit at all. 

"Oppa. I don't think I can wear it anymore. Its ruined." She answered solemnly. 

"What? Why? What happened?" Chanyeol reached for the dress that the younger held out, examining the cuts of the fabric. He looked at her. 

"I think someone sabotaged you." She mumbled, unsure. 

Chanyeol shook his head. "No, no. This can't be. This can't be." He turned to the girl once more. "You stay here, I'll go look for something else you should wear, okay?" 

Semi nodded slowly, disappointment starting to get the best of her. 

Chanyeol noticed this then reached for the ends of her lips, lifting them up. "Aemi-yah, you're a Byun right?" The girl nodded once. "Then smile. You ruining their reputation if you sported a pouting face. We'll win this, alright?" At that, the girl smiled, then nodded more enthusiastically this time. 

He was able to find save his model and the runway, but he never got the chance to win, because Aemi wasn't wearing his contest entry.

"... And the winner for GNU Runway is none other than..." 

"Kim Heechul of 3rd year class 2!"