Fancy

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

"Is she waiting for you?!" Chanyeol came back to his senses upon hearing the old lady's sharp tone. 

"H-huh?" His gaze focused on the old lady he met for only two times since his stay at the neighborhood. 

"Are you the reason why this hard headed girl still out?!" 

"Uh..." He trailed off, his hand reaching for the back of his neck awkwardly when all of a sudden, the lady turned to his direction, charging towards him. 

Feeling her limbs free from the grip of her foster parent, Hana was quick to run way past Mrs Adachi stopping in front of Chanyeol to block the older's attack. "Yah, yah, yah, Yah! Yah!" She hollered when the older aimed to hit the guy. "Omma!" She exasperated. 

"Get away from him. I'll teach this guy a lesson! Did he tell you to wait for him?!" 

"What?! No!" She tried arguing but the old woman starting charging towards them again, swinging her meter stick in the air. She tried her best to grab the stick but the old woman was quick to pull the stick up whenever her hands closes altogether. 

"Omma! You're embarrassing me! Please stop!" Hana argued one last time successfully stopping the older's ministrations. She too, finally dropped her hands only to sulk when the woman just stared at her. "Do you get embarrassed because of me?" The woman queried. 

"What?" Hana huffed. "No!" 

But Mrs. Adachi ignored her, she turned to the guy behind Hana instead. "Is caring for your daughter embarrassing?" She asked, eyes wide. 

Chanyeol was speechless at everything that's unfolding so he just answered with a shake of his head, eyes also wide. 

"See," Mrs Adachi turned to her again. "This friend here agrees with me."

Hana could only groan at all the happenings. 

--

"So what are you exactly trying to plot, young man?" Mrs Adachi asked with her arms crosses over her chest. The three are sitting outside of his apartment, on the wooden bed as the old woman refused to go home without hearing any explanation from the guy. 

"Uh..." He started but was immediately interrupted by Hana. "He's my friend, omma! Right?" She shot him a quick glare, as if asking him to agree. He nodded awkwardly, "ah yes. We're friends." He smiled a little but immediately dropped it when he noticed the woman's no-nonsense face. 

Mrs Adachi leans closer towards Chanyeol, "are you perhaps..." She purposely trailed causing the two youngsters to lean towards her too. 

"... Her boyfriend?" She asked in a voice so soft that only the wind carried it to the youngers' ears. 

"What?! No!" Both answered defensively almost at the same time, leaning away from the woman. 

Chanyeol found the question unbelievable. He never once got attracted with this girl even during their college days. This woman must be...

He kept his mouth shut instead. He knows opening it would not help him at all.

As for Hana, rage immediately consumed her upon hearing her mother's question. Just how much does she want to marry her kids' off. Guys and relationships never once crossed her mind so she was a whole lot offended by her mother's question.

Hearing how both reacted, the older woman frowned but trained her attention towards the guy. 

"Why? Do you not find Hana pretty?" She asked, actually offended. The girl groaned at the woman's attitude. "Mom..." She tried arguing but was pushed off the side. 

"Dont you know that's she's the beauty of our neighborhood?!" 

That's it. 

"We'll be taking our leave!" Hana embarrassingly announced as she hastened towards her mother's body, helping her up, directing her towards the top of the  not bothering to look back, the old woman complaining at how she was acting. 

"Yah, let go of me, I'm just telling this guy what he's missing for not—"

"I'll be returning tomorrow for the practice so clear your schedules, okay?!" She announced though one last time before finally bringing the old woman down with her with so much difficulty. 

Meanwhile, Park Chanyeol was left all alone to ponder on his thoughts. Date her, huh?

He laughed at the ridiculous thought. 

--

The day of the second round of preliminaries arrived and all the contestants were busy fussing over their designs and their model. But not Chanyeol and Hana. 

The two are being a little relaxed and a little composed than before. Seems that they already got the hang of it. 

"Contestant number 14, please get ready." The PD announced after his head popped out if the dressing room and the said participants immediately ushered their way towards the back stage. Hana followed their every movements with her eyes. 

"Are you being nervous again?" Chanyeol asked when he noticed her fidgeting the hem of her dress as she looked at the other participants. She immediately looked up at him, "hmm?" She asked first before shaking her head lightly. "No. I'm just wondering how she would have been better off with a wedge heel rather that a pointed one." She said as she trained her gaze on her fingers. 

Chanyeol studied her face. This, this kind of Hana is the typical Song Yejeong. Critiquing other models on what they should have worn instead. "Really?" 

She nodded a little. 

During the first preliminaries, there were 32 participants, but right now, there were only 16 of them and Hana clearly knows why they didn't got in. Dont get her wrong, she wasn't bragging or anything, but then it was quite obvious. It's either they do not know how to carry the clothes or the clothes isn't the one for them. 

She just couldn't get why those designers seem to not notice these. All of them were amateurs anyway. It was a good thing Chanyeol was doing a great job despite being an amateur. 

Wait. He did once told her that he got kicked out of his job. Could it be...

"Contestant number 15, please be ready at the backstage." Hana stood up automatically upon hearing her number. After smiling a little at the PD, she glanced behind her to see Chanyeol nodding at her before daisng his fist in the air as he mouthed 'fighting' at her. She too nodded at him before trudging her way towards the backstage. 

Could it be that Park Chanyeol was more than just a fancy fashion designer?

--

"And now, on the stage. The piece and design of contestant number 15! Please give the model a big round of applause!"

Upon hearing the upbeat music signalling the start of her ramp, Hana stepped out of the huge bamboo wall  with a huge smile on her face. She scanned the people on the side of the stage, rewarding them a genuine smile seeing how they cheered her on. 

Walking towards the center of the stage, the girl held her head high along with a smile on her face training her sight at the far end of the stage where the judges sat and she froze. 

Almost immediately, her huge smile dropped and the hands that were on her hips dropped as well, seeing one particular judge whom she met just a few days ago. He too, looked as if he was shocked to see her at the center of the stage but he held her gaze. 

Seeing how she suddenly stopped her movements, everyone else in the hall stopped too. Murmurs and hushed whispered combined altogether drowned the background music but it only added up more to her anxiety. 

She could no longer hear the loud music. 

Her hands felt clammy and cold, trembling all of a sudden. 

She could feel cold sweat beading on her forehead.

She wasn't nervous. But she feels sick at the pit of her stomach. 

Chanyeol, who was watching at the dressing room immediately saw how pale his model was and was quick to run towards the back stage.

Arriving at his destination, he glared at the model who was obviously stricken at what she saw and he followed her line of vision to see a guy staring straight at her too. 

Chanyeol  looked back at her because he couldn't understand the situation. Drawing nearer, he called her softly, in hopes of getting her back on her senses. "Yah, Yejeong-ssi..."

But it only did the opposite. 

Hearing that name amongst the crowd made everything spin in her vision, and voices to clog her ears, gradually hurting her head.

"Yejeong-ah!"

"Don't you remember me?"

"You're the only heir to Song Group of Companies!"

"You're born with a-i dare say-gold spoon in your mouth."

"Here's my credit card, if ever you changed your mind. Or you simply want to get some answers, call me. I'll be more than willing to help you."

"I'll help you."

Finally, she let out an ear splitting scream as she crouched down the stage, her hands automatically flying to clutch the front of her head, trying to fight off the voices in her head. 

Upon hearing her scream, everyone in the venue panicked, some of the staffs running towards her, and the judges as well. Park Chanyeol immediately climbs up the stage to run to her aid, supporting her back. "Yah, Song Yejeong," he called when she leaned on his hand that was supporting her back and she looked up at him with a huge frown on her face. "M-m-my head hurts," she mumbled before finally losing consciousness. 

"Yah! Yah!"

~end of chapter 12~

A/N: can anyone of you guess who was the guy uri Hana saw? Kkkk~
And another update because I love you guys so much. Did not proof read as I was very excited to share this with you <3 (told you the inspiration bug returns so I'm on a roll today!)

Honestly I was thinking of publishing another story that's been on my phone for how many months already but I'm stopping myself! Stopping myself because I know it will be a chaos and I still have what? Three more stories that are needed to be updated! But oh well, I wanted to focus on this story too, as this was my first. 

Sorry for the rant :P how are you doing this time of crisis? All well? I hope so. Please always be careful and follow the precautionary measure. 

Love lots~ 
laidbacknewbie

P.S. For the meantime, im'ma watch vlive, so yeah, stay tuned. 

P.P.S. I'm in a good mood, in contrast to how pissed I was last night kkkk~ (red days be like XD)