Byun Baekhyun

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

Ding. Dong. 

"Yes, I'm coming!" Baekhyun answered, getting out of his covers. 

Ding. Dong.

"Yes, I'm coming!" He answered once more. A little bit longer this time. 

Ding. Dong

Baekhyun stared at his ceiling incredulously. "I'm coming! I said. Really, what's this person's problem?" He scratched his head. 

He went near the monitor beside his door. He frowned, a girl?

"Who is this?" He asked, still frowning. 

The person behind his door looked around, seeming like she was searching from where the voice cane from. 

"Ei. I'll open the door when you answer me." He whined. 

"Ah. Annyeonghaseyo." She bowed. "I was sent by Mr. Adachi, is this Byun Baekhyun's unit? You visited the shop last week, and asked for a tux repair-" 

The male's eyes widened. "Ah yes, yes! I'm Byun Baekhyun!"

As fast as he can, he opened the door, making the girl a little bit surprised by his actions. Baekhyun smiled awkwardly. "Is it done yet?" He asked sweetly. 

"Ah, yes. It is." Hana smiled back. "Here." She handed the cute guy his item. 

Baekhyun opened the paper bag to examine his tux.

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking..."

"Hmm?" Baekhyun hummed still focused inside his paper bag. 

Hana looked around her. It's obviously a place for rich people, so...

"You look wealthy enough, so why did you choose to get your tuxedo repaired at our shop?" She inquired. 

At this, the male stopped examining his item. He dropped the paper bag in his side. "Well, actually this tux was designed by my friend. And he doesn't want this thing to be copied by other designers. By the way, this design will be proposed the next month. If we're lucky, we would be able to release the piece in the market the month after. If we asked for repair in fancier shops, obviously designers will copy his piece. He doesn't want that. An incident like that happened already before." He smiled while the girl nodded. 

"Did I satisfy your inquiring mind?" He asked cheekily. Hana laughed a little. He's cute. "Yes!" She answered.

"Bye!" Baekhyun dismissed before ushering the delivery girl towards her way out. 

He closed the door slowly, still checking the clothes inside the paper bag. "They did a great job, by the way..." He mumbled. 

--

"... White Swan's renowned designer Park Chanyeol was thrown out his position by the Chairman of the company after allegedly cheating on his girlfriend Im Sua..."

Chanyeol frowned when he heard the news. He scoffed. Sua really is something...

"... The chairman's daughter refused to do the interview but she did left something to us. ' I can't believe he did this to me.'..."

The tall guy laughed sarcastically at this. "Wow, Im Sua... I'm surprised I haven't seen this side of you before." 

Ring. Ring.

"Yeob-"

"Chanyeol! Yeol! Yeol!" Chanyeol moved his phone farther away in his ear when his friend started shouting.

When he sensed that he was save from his friend's shouting, he pressed it again to his ear. 

"Yeoboseyo? Have you calmed down?" He asked.

"Yeol. Aren't you going to clear things up?" 

"No." Chanyeol answered lifelessly. 

"What? Why?" He can sense the guy frowning. 

"I'm done with her. Do whatever she wants to do. I'll be fine with it." He answered. 

Baekhyun sighed on the other line. "Yeol. Shouldn't you at least clear your name? We all know that you never once cheated on her." 

"Baekhyun. I'm tired. I'll go to bed now. Good night." He ended the call. Chanyeol dropped his body on the bed, sighing loudly as he looked up the ceiling of his new house. 

"Gwaenchana, you got to where you are right now because of your skills, Chanyeol. Not because of Sua or his dad. Its all your hard works." He gave his self a little pep talk closing his eyes and let sleep take over. 

--

The hunt for possible employer start the next day. Park Chanyeol decided that he would never ever ponder in misery. He would show Im Sua and her father that he can get back to where he was even when he's on his own. 

"Yes. The last one." Chanyeol mumbled before hitting the 'enter' button. He leaned on his chair and let out another sigh for the umpteenth time that day. 

"I'm suffocating..." He blew a puff of air. "I better get out." 

--

The only destination in Chanyeol's mind was the department store, his sanctuary. He walked the aisles happily, checking out designs and critiquing some clothes released. 

"Wow, this one is good."

"It's ugly, no wonder it's on clearance." 

"What the... It's not durable." 

"What can I do for you, sir?" The saleslady asked the tall guy that was wandering the store aimlessly ever since. 

"Uh, no. Thank you. I'm just looking." He answered, waving his hand in front of him. 

"Yes, I understand." 

He smiled sweetly. "You should." 

--

Chanyeol was sipping his bubble tea wandering yet again at the mall, scanning his surroundings but this time, criticizing people's outfit he bump to along the way. 

"She should've wore a skirt instead of a pants. She looked funny." He mumbled. 

"Her torso is too small, her shirt doesn't suit her."

"Wow, her body is proportionate, she should've worn a one piece instead." 

He looked up only to frown when he encounter a girl who looked at him intently before turning her head elsewhere when they have walked past each other. This made the guy frown in confusion.

“Does she know me?" he looked back only to see the girl's back figure, walking away from him. Her face looked achingly familiar to him. 

He raked his brain just to process where he had met the girl before. He was sure he met her somewhere. And that's when it hit him, hard. 

It was Song Yejeong. He held in his breath when he remembered the girl he met 7 years ago and hit just a few nights ago. He started running towards her. 

"Song Yejeong!" He squeezed his self in the sea of people when they started crowding the place where the girl went. 

"What the... Song Yejeong!" 

--

Chanyeol slid down the wall when he decided he wouldn't be able to find Song Yejeong. She was wearing a red  tracksuit and her hair was a little bit longer this time. Also, she had a fringe covering her eyes slightly. The hair color was still the same so he was sure it was the same girl he met in the uni several years ago. 

He sighed. She suddenly disappeared so he was surprised to see her wandering around at the present. 

--

"Noona!" Yuto banged the attic door loudly in hopes of waking up his older sister who was in her deep slumber. 

The shaking of the ground woke Hana with a groan. "Is there an earthquake?" She whispered as she spread her arms to stop her bed from shaking.

"Noona!" Yuto's voice resonated in the  attic and she sighed. It was just Yuto.

"Yeah, I'm awake!" She answered in hopes of silencing the younger one but he only banged loudly.

"Noo-"

"Yah! I said I'm awake!" She answered with a bang on the attic's floor. Ultimately, this action made the guy stop. 

"Aish, this kid really. "

--

"You called for me?" Hana asked Mrs. Adachi, scratching her head in the process when she reached the kitchen. 

The old woman looked at her. "Ah, yes. We have this new neighbor at the rooftop across and I'm thinking of giving him this soup as it was getting colder. Also I want to welcome his arrival." She turned to her soup once again. 

Hana nodded slowly. "Why me though? Why not Yuto?" She inquired after seating on the stool and reaching for the juice she found on the table.

The old woman looked up the ceiling. "Well, he was on an errand today. So you do it instead." Hana nodded again. She hummed before looking at Yuto's mom. "Okay, I'll do it!" She smiled. 

--

She stepped on the stairs carefully. Counting each step one by one. 

"One, two, three..." She singsong while climbing up the stairs. 

She rapped her knuckles softly waiting for the tenant to open his or her door. 

Hana hummed silently to a tune she didn't actually know, when the door suddenly opened. 

--

Chanyeol yawned when his alarm clock sounded. He reached and rolled over to press the clock off to start his day. He sat up slowly, staring blankly at space. 

The knocking on his door caught his attention. "Who could that be?" He sighed before getting out of the bed. 

He turned the knob to see who is his visitor this early only to be shocked beyond belief after discovering who was behind his door. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." Song Yejeong bowed slightly before handing out her hand at him. 

Chanyeol who was busy staring at her face turned his attention at the warmer she was holding. 

"Uh, my mother wanted you to have this. Welcome to the neighborhood by the way. Also, she said that the climate will be colder this time of the year so yeah. Warm yourself up." She smiled at him brightly. 

Chanyeol nodded, still incredulous. "Ah, thanks." He reached out for the soup and continued staring at the girl in front. 

"Why?" She asked. Chanyeol shook his head quickly, gauging her reaction. When she didn't budge at all. He decided to stop beating behind the bush. 

"Don't you remember me?" 

Song Yejeong frowned. "Am I supposed to know you?" 

This made Chanyeol frown. "You don't? But the doctor your head was fine." The girl eyes widened. "Omo. Are you the one who hit me?" She asked. 

"W-well. I didn't mean to. You crossed the street even before the stoplight turned red." 

"But there was no car at the time so I crossed the street." She argued. "I'm not on an amnesia, right?" She turned to him. 

"I don't think I forgot something." She concluded. "What's your name, by the way?" 

"Uh. You don't know?" Chanyeol asked. The girl shook her head. 

"I'm Chanyeol!" He pointed at his self. "Park Chanyeol!" He added. Song Yejeong smiled at him. 

"I'm Hana. I live at the house across the street. We own a sewing shop." She told him cheerfully. 

"Hana?" Chanyeol observed her from head to toe. She was actually the girl in the uni, so why was she introducing herself with a different name?

"Yes. Hana. Nice to meet you, Chanyeol!" 

~end of chapter 4~