Park Chanyeol

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

2019.

"... And the winner for this year's H & K Fashion show is none other than..."

Participants anticipated the emcee's announcement all with nervous hearts and trembling hands, except for one. 

Park Chanyeol straightened his back, crossing his arms in front of his chest, smirking slightly.  He would win this. 

"Park Chanyeol!" 

Booming cheers and round of applause resonated in the auditorium as Chanyeol only showed his excitement and happiness just by means of smiling a little and a quick raise of his left brow as he looked down, let his arms fall to his side before approaching the center of the stage for his speech. 

"Ah, as expected of that punk." Baekhyun at the audiences ' spot unwind his arms together to offer his friend a slow clap. Indeed, he was crowned winner for this year as well. 

"Friends, colleagues..." Chanyeol started his speech, staring at the trophy he received. 

--

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Open the door!" 

Chanyeol groaned. What could be the problem for this guy to disturb him in his beauty sleep. He slipped the eye mask of his face only to frown when the rays of sunlight seeped in through his window. 

His eyes widening, he quickly turned his attention to his clock on his bedside table. His eyes widened more, quickly scrambling off his bed. 

The tall guy approached his closet in his fastest pace possible. Soon, he entered the bathroom to do his morning routine, ignoring the incessant knocking and his friend's call. 

--

Chanyeol quickly stepped out the elevator when he heard the sound 'ding' indicating that they've reach the 10th floor already, Byun Baekhyun following behind him. 

With long strides he turned right at one corner, only one destination in mind. He sighed when he saw people emerging from the room one by one at the farthest end of the hall.

He fastened his pace more, the midget behind him finding difficulty in walking with him. 

He stopped abruptly when he Saw Sua walk out last. She was looking at him intently. As if he was in autopilot, he immediately raised his right hand to wave at her and sported a cheeky smile before he greeted her, "how did it go?" 

She huffed. "How did it go?! You bastard!" 

--

"See. That happens when you wake up late." Byun chuckled at his friend's frustrated figure. 

"No. That happens when you didn't meet her expectations." Chanyeol disagreed, stopping from stirring his coffee float. 

They were currently at a cafe near the company. He sighed, crossing his arms as he leaned back on his chair. 

Baekhyun studied his friend, before slowly taking a sip of his graham shake. "Are you okay?" He asked, hesitant. 

"Do I look like I'm okay?" Chanyeol shot the older a Comet glare before looking at the busy street outside the cafe. 

"Well, let's face it,okay? It was actually your fault. You were supposed to be the one to deliver the presentation and yet she was forced to do it on her own. She doesn't even know the content. You know she hates embarrassment."

Chanyeol chewed the inside of his cheeks before turning to Baekhyun. "How was it, was she able to close the deal? She wasn't right? Why does she need to act as if I'm in great debt to her?"

Baekhyun released his breath that he realised he has been holding since the taller guy looked at him. "Well..."

Chanyeol sighed once more, this time harshly. He leaned his head at the backrest of the chair looking up at the ceiling. 

"Baek..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm moving out."

--

"Noona..." 

"Noona..."

"Yah, Noona..."

Yuto shook the girl awake gently to no avail. He straightened his back to look at the sleeping girl who wouldn't even budge.

"Yuto! Is she awake yet?!" 

The guy rolled his eyes. "No!" He shouted back. "Give me five more minutes!" 

He observed the sleeping girl before finally seating at the wooden bed to slap her forehead, hard. 

She responded with a groan before finally opening her eyes. "What's your problem?!" She whisper-yelled at the younger before rubbing the spot he slapped. 

"Sorry, I tried waking you up the gentlest way, but you're not budging. So yeah, I was left with no choice." Yuto shrugged. 

"What? You're not sorry at all." She sat up, still rubbing her forehead. 

She looked at him. "What do you want?" 

"It's not me. It's dad." 

The girl immediately stood up, looking down at the sitting boy. "Why? What does he want?" She asked with wide eyes. 

"Well, I guess he finally knew where you came from-" 

She didn't even bother letting Yuto finish his talk, she immediately jumped off the bed only to get down from the rooftop and stepping inside their house on the first floor. 

--

"Come on. Don't tell me you're actually moving out just because of that fight."

"And if I say that I am?" Chanyeol asked the one on the other end of the line.

"Come on Yeol. We're not grade schoolers anymore. We're already 27 years old." Baekhyun whined. 

"Correction, you're 27. I'm still 26. My birthday's still a few months from now. " he smirked when he heard Baekhyun huffing. 

"Thank you Baek. I'm grateful. I'm driving so I'll turn this down, OK?" 

"Yah! Chanyeol! You-" 

And the line went dead. He smiled at his cheeky friend before tossing away his phone at the passenger's seat. 

Just before the stop light turned red, someone crossed the road in front of his car. In his surprise, Chanyeol quickly stepped in the breaker, but unfortunately, the front of his car had hit the pedestrian, sending the girl flying in the air. 

"Hell..." He mumbled. Despite the shock he quickly got off his car to tend to the stranger he just hit. 

"Are you okay? Hey, miss." She shake her awake. 

"Miss. Miss!" 

He turned the girl to lay on her back and shock registered on his face immediately after seeing the girl after 7 years. 

By the way, you just might be interested. My name's Yejeong. Song Yejeong!

"Song Yejeong..."

"Song Yejeong!" 

--

"Are you his guardian?"

Chanyeol stood up from sitting at floor when the doctor walked out of the room. 

"Neh," he nodded once before joining his hands together. 

"Is she alright?" He asked. 

"Yes. She's fine, just a few scratches on her elbows and knees. There were no broken bones as well. As for her head, its completely fine the impact just caused her to lose consciousness, but she'll wake up soon, don't worry." 

"Yes. Thank you." He answered, relief flooding his system. He unconsciously rested his head at the wall as he looked at the disappearing doctor. 

It's good he was fast to step on the brakes. 

He walked inside the room to check on his patient, scratching his head in the process. 

He studied the unconscious girl lying on the bed. 

By the way, you just might be interested. My name's Yejeong. Song Yejeong!

"Song Yejeong..." He muttered her name once more. He frowned. 

Where have you been?

He smirked a little. Well, thanks to her, she was crowned as the winner for every competition he joined. 

--

"Oww..." Hana mumbled, as she sat up, clutching the back of her head. She noticed that her surroundings was pure white and busy people wearing white inhabited the place. She frowned. 

A nurse was near her bed so she called for her. "What can I do for you, Song Yejeong-ssi?" 

Her frown deepened. "Song Yejeong?" She looked around her, the nurse following her actions. "I'm not Yejeong, it's Hana." She reached for the foot of the bed to look at the name registered on it. 

"I'm sorry, but my name's Hana. I'm don't have an amnesia, do I?" She looked at the nurse inquiringly. 

"U-uhh..." The nurse started. "Also, I need to get home now. I'm actually very busy. Before waking up here, I was actually on my way to-" and that's when it hit her. She quickly slapped her hand on , realization dawning on her. 

"Oh my god!" Her voice came out muffled behind her hands. She looked at the nurse when she bent down to ask for the patient's behavior. 

"Are you in pain?"

"I was hit by a car!" She exclaimed. 

The nurse frowned. "Ah, yes. You were hit by a car yesterday. The one at fault brought you here and paid for all your tests and hospital bills." She ended her explanation with a smile. 

Hana's mouth formed an 'O'  when the truth finally sinked in. "I need to go..."

"Ah, yes. You can be discharged now-"

"Hey, wait!" 

But the girl, who was rushing disappeared just like that. 

--

 

A/N: Updating and editing in phone is quite difficult 😑