I need You

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

The incessant knocking on his door was what woke Chanyeol up from his deep slumber that day. He had stayed up until the break of dawn last night at the playground so here he was now, still under the confinements of his blankets late in the afternoon. 

Groaning, the guy shifted to his side before planting both feet on the ground after sitting up. He let out puffs of breath one after the other as if conditioning his self to answer the door. 

"I'm coming!" He announced upon reaching the door, which successfully stopped the knocking. He found himself frowning though, when he met an unknown man at his doorstep. 

"Is this Mr. Park Chanyeol's apartment?" The stranger–which Chanyeol assumed as a post man– asked and he was quick to answer 'yes' albeit awkwardly. 

"This letter is for you. Please sign here," the post man informed the taller, after presenting an envelope and the clipboard. 

"Have a great day ahead!" The man bid his farewell as he climbed down the stairs of the roof top. 

Chanyeol looked at the envelope in his grasp, "Just what could this thing be?" 

--

What she experienced was called Anxiety Attack. This happens when a patient becomes very stressed and the body and mind can't cope up with too much input, resulting to decrease in Potassium or Sodium, which caused her fainting."

The doctor informed Do Kyungsoo one afternoon during his visit at the hospital where Yejeong was rushed to after fainting. The guy nodded thoughtfully, his mind once again swimming in thoughts. 

"How was she now?" He asked softly. 

"Well, we have already prescribed her with the right meds and diet routine until her body becomes stable."

"Thank you."

"No worries, sir."

--

Park Chanyeol wasn't the only one who was hibernating up to late in the afternoon though, as Hana was also still tucked under her sheets, sleeping soundly. 

Just like the guy, she has stayed up all night but for a different reason. She couldn't get his face out of her mind after what happened between the two of them. 

All of a sudden, her bedroom floor started shaking, causing a huge frown to etch her face as she groaned loudly, mad at whoever was disturbing her peaceful sleep. 

"Yah, Noona! Wake up!" 

Oh, Yuto. She rolled her eyes upon hearing him calling her. With his bored tone. 

Yet again. 

As a response, the girl slapped her hand hard on the ground, halting the banging. She huffed just in time when the banging started again. 

She let out a scream of frustration when she realized that her brother is one hell of a persistent guy. 

--

Hana nervously trotted towards the living room, her brother's voice  lingering in her mind. 

"A guy was looking for you outside. He told me he's your friend."

One word and she immediately knew it was Chanyeol who was looking for her. 

What does he want this time? 

She shook her head harshly when his face registered in her mind again. The way his brows furrowed ever so lightly, as his eyes reflected surprise, until it landed on her—

Focus, dammit. 

The girl couldn't help frown when she saw no traces of the guy from last night in the living room. Her eyes widening in surprise, she quickly looked behind her to glare at her younger brother. 

Don't tell me he didn't bother inviting guests in?

She ran towards the front yanking it open and it revealed the guy that she was looking for for a while now. 

Upon hearing the front door creaking, Chanyeol looked behind him to see the girl unmoving, one hand grasping the door knob as the other was lightly touching the door frame. 

"What... Do you want?" She mumbled, causing a smile to bloom on his face. 

"Let's go to the mall." 

--

"But, may I know?..." Hana asked as she looked through the cloth rack. She heard Chanyeol respond with a hum and she pulled one from the rack. They were currently at the department store after the guy told her that he would buy her new clothes. At first, she was weirded out by his suggestion but then realized that he had actually never once treated her anything (aside from food that she forced him to) ever since they worked with each other. 

"Why are you taking me out?" 

She was answered with another hum and she placed the hanged dress in front of her, checking if it suits her. 

"You like that?" Chanyeol asked instead with a scrunch of his nose and the girl frowned. "Yeah, why?" 

"You look like an old woman," he commented which promoted her to turn and glare at him. 

"Why? It's cute." She argued before turning back to face the mirror. "You told me you'd buy me anything..." She complained in an undertone. 

The taller just smiled upon hearing her complaining. He nodded before speaking, "right. I'll buy whatever you want. Just choose. I won't complain anymore."

Hearing this made the girl smile only to frown after a while. "Hey, you're not answering me." She pulled out another dress from the rack. "Is this still a part of making peace?" She eyed him through the mirror and the guy just smirked at her. Her frown deepened. 

"Well..." He answered mysteriously and she followed the movement of his lips and wondered how soft they must be. She immediately shook her head to dispel those inappropriate thoughts out of her mind. 

"I need you." 

She almost dropped all the clothes she's holding upon hearing him say that, a blush creeping up her cheeks. She immediately looked down as she let an awkward cough to mask the shock she felt with his words. 

The guy could only frown at her behavior. "I need a model again."

Ah, so that's why. A part of her brain mocked her and she almost bang her head on the rack upon realizing that she actually thought that he brought her out because he wants to. 

Well, he does want to have her as his model again. 

"Ah, is that so?" She asked, trying her best to mask the disappointment she felt and make it sound nonchalant. She hopes he wouldn't see through her bluff. "Are you joining a contest again?"

Chanyeol found himself frowning at the tone of her voice. "Nope. I got accepted at HJD CLOTHING LINE. I'm going to work there. Starting tomorrow." He announced, gauging her reaction reflected at the mirror in front of her. 

If earlier, she was busy sulking and being disappointed. This time around, upon hearing such great news from him, Hana immediately looked up to beam at his reflection on the mirror before turning in her heels to approach the sitting guy behind her. 

She entwined their hands together, "Congratulations!" She squealed as she jumped on place, her eyes turning to lovely crescents as she couldn't contain the happiness she's feeling for him. 

Chanyeol, too found himself cracking up at her behaviour. 

--

The next day, Hana found the guy in front of their door step once more, waiting for her. She smiled at him before ushering him to go. 

"Why took you so long?" She heard the guy complain. She quickly whipped her head at him, frowning. "Why? It's not long. You're just early." She shrugged then walked on ahead. 

The taller could only frown at her. 

There he goes again, frowning and complaining. But she refuse to get his behaviour through her. If she wants a good day, she won't let anything (or anyone) dampen her mood. 

The ride towards the company was almost an hour, so Chanyeol took this as a chance to study his companion while they were busy standing on the bus aisle, determined to reach their destination on time. 

Seriously, what took her so long?

He observed the sneaker she was wearing, paired with flowers patterned socks. His gaze went higher to the dress he bought her yesterday. It's a plain blue cotton dress, with long sleeves and a white sailor collar. Lastly, he took his time critiquing her face, taking note how she didn't put any make up or lip balm on. 

Is she even a girl?

Finally, his gaze stopped at her hair, having the same hair color from seven years ago but grew linger this time. She still had that same fringe which only grew longer so she was swiping it to the side so her vision wouldn't be blocked. 

And then that moment, he knew. 

So when the ride finally went to a stop, Park Chanyeol immediately took off the vehicle with her lagging behind him confusedly. 

The girl was rendered speechless after she caught sight of the skyscraper from across the street. went agape in awe. 

The taller saw her gaping at the building so he stepped closer to her, sliding her jaw that dropped back. 

"That's where I'll be working," he announced with a raise of his brow when she whipped her head towards him. "Reall—"

"Let's go!" Both said at the same time, But with different reasons. Chanyeol was set on making it in time while the lady can't believe her ears. So when he grasped her hand and pulled her along with him, farther from the bus stop, he wasn't taking no for an answer. 

Hana could only lag behind him, letting him pull her. She didn't bother removing her hand from his too, because strangely, she liked how their hands touched, as much as she hates to admit it.

--

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked, eyeing the pins and clips on the stand. She was starting to feel uncomfortable when they've reached a small boutique and he still didn't remove his hands from hers. 

He ignored her but asked the saleslady. "Dont you have any other designs?" He asked professionally and the saleslady smiled kindly at him. 

"I'm sorry but that's all the stocks for this week's deliveries. If you want, we can have your name for reservation."

"It's fine. We'll just choose from here." He announced before looking down at the items. Hana took this as her chance to unhand him, and he let her. "What do you want?" He asked her, not sparing her a glance. 

"Huh?" She asked, holding her hand that felt different after losing his warmth. 

He finally looked at her this time, "you're hair looking very plain. Let's get you something simple yet classy." He went back to choosing again. 

She nodded, albeit awkwardly. "This one," she pointed at a white flower pin. The taller looked at where she was pointing then scrunched up his nose. "Have I told you already that you share the same tastes with old woman?" She glared at him but he was already reaching for another. 

"Well get this one," he smiled then handed the sales lady his choice. She quickly grasped his arms, stopping him from purchasing it. "What did you chose?!" 

He turned to her, smiling cheekily. "A pig pin, for a girl who likes Samgyeopsal." Then he turned back to the saleslady to take the paper bag. 

Hana could only scoff at him, "what?!" She was supposed to complain more about him being a jerk but he ushered her to move closer. 

"Why would I do that?!" She glowered and he rolled his eyes, holding the pin open. "So you wouldn't pin like how  an old woman would." He answered her as a matter of fact. 

She huffed, glaring at him. Nevertheless she went closer and he pinned her grown fringe to the side. He smiled proudly, tapping her hair but she was still busy glaring at him. 

"Let's go!" He smiled the smile that meant sarcasm before walking on ahead, leaving the girl behind. 

Hana looked down on the flower pin one last time before following the guy out the boutique, sulking. 

"Walk faster, can you?" Chanyeol complained after looking behind him to send the girl a pointed look. Instead of walking faster, Hana just answered with a sigh, obviously sulking. 

The fashion designer let out a huff as he rolled his eyes, his hands on his hips. He jogged closer to her place, "what's your problem?" 

She looked at him before looking down on the floor again. "There's none," she grumbled. 

Chanyeol click his tongue in annoyance. This is why he hates girls. 

They'd start sulking but when you ask what's wrong they'd say its nothing. 

Soon, his eyes landed on the pin that he bought today. He blinked, "do you like it that much?" He asked and she looked up again. "Hu–"

"Wait here." He dismissed before joccign way past her, going inside the boutiques for the second time that day, leaving his model all alone. 

~end of chapter 17~

A/N: waaaaaahhhhh. I hope I didn't disappoint. I made it longer this time hahahah. 

Please ignore mistakes and grammatical errors. I'm lazy to proofread. XD