One Nail Away

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

"Song Yejeong..."

Hana frowned, nevertheless she wanted to know the reason behind the stranger's reaction so she spoke. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Yejeong-ah!" The guy exclaimed. Quickly dropping his items of purchase, he charged towards her then enveloped her in a tight hug, quickly resting his forehead on the crook of her neck. 

Hana was flabbergasted with the scenes unfolding. Everything happened too fast that she could only widen her eyes in incredulity. 

"I knew you're alive," he mumbled helplessly. This time, Hana's expression turned to confusion and pushed the stranger with all her might. The moment they broke from the hug, the girl immediately regretted what she did because the stranger looked broken more than ever. 

"Do I..." She started. "Do I know you?" 

--

Hana claimed towards the rooftop lifelessly, two paper bags in both hands. She sighed, for the umpteenth time that day since she met the guy who introduced his self as Do Kyungsoo. 

"Your name is Song Yejeong. You're the only heir of the Song group of Companies."

"Are you telling me I'm rich?" 

"You're not just rich. You were born with a–i dare say–golden spoon in your mouth."

"Don't you... Remember me?" 

"Ei, hurry up! You were gone for almost 3 hours, the cafe is just around the corner." She heard his voice which caused her to look at the top of the stairs. Chanyeol was looking down at her with a deep frown on his face, obviously irritated. 

"Where have you been?" He asked when she didn't responded with her usual self. She simply looked down and just continued her steps unlike before, when she would smile at him sheepishly and say 'sorry.'

Hana proceeded to the wooden bed, then sat down after placing the paper bags on top. Chanyeol followed her motions then sat down. 

Quickly checking her loads, the tall guy grimaced. "What the hell? The icing was completely melted. Just where the heck have you been?" He turned to glare at her but then stopped midway. What's her problem?

"Hana-ssi," he called, trying to catch her gaze which was simply blank. 

"Yejeong..." She uttered. His eyes widened. Does she remember now?

"He said that my name is Yejeong," she finally looked at him this time, tears b her eyes. "I don't know if I'm supposed to believe him, or not. How am I supposed to know if I should trust him or not? I've been lost for 6 years, who would've thought that my family was just near? How cone they weren't searching for me?" She rambled, hot tears flowing down her cheeks. 

At that moment, Chanyeol didn't know what to do. Back when they were doing their mini celebration, the girl acted as if she was alright being with her foster family who took care of her for six years. But right now, looking at her right now, the twenty-six year old guy thought that maybe, she still misses and yearns for her real family. 

Her family who seemed to have already forgotten about her. 

"What else has he told you?" He asked when she stopped ranting and her wails turned into silent sniffles. 

"Well..." 

--

"Please answer," Kyungsoo uttered as his grip on the steering wheel tightened. He has been calling his mother for several times now but she never once answered him. His patience is wearing thin, and he just can't things like this pass easily. He has finally found what he was looking for and he will do everything just to have things back like before. The talk from earlier came back rushing into him all at once. 

"Do I... Do I know you?" Yejeong asked. Kyungsoo searched for hints jest in her brown orbs but only found curiosity and confusion swimming in them. The guy felt as if cold water was poured onto him. 

"I'm someone you know." He started. "Someone you know very well." 

Someone you're supposed to marry.

But he didn't said that out loud. He was afraid he'd scare her off so he asked instead, "would you care for a few minutes of talk?" 

He smiled in relief when he noticed no signs of resistance came from her. 

--

Yejeong lowered her cup on the table after taking a sip of her drink, her eyes darting anywhere else but him. Inside, it pained him to see her uncomfortable being in the same space with him. They weren't like this before. They used to be so in love with each other so how...

"So, you called me Song Yejeong..." She trailed off. "Was that my name before?" She asked him, finally looking at him in the eyes. 

Kyungsoo nodded. "Do you know me personally?" She queried. He nodded once again. 

"Do you know my parents?" Another nod. 

"How come they weren't looking for me?" At this, the guy neither nodded nor looked at her. He simply took hold of his cup and drank from it. 

He sighed before finally answering her question that lingered in the air. "They were moved to States after your funeral." 

Yejeong was incredulous. "Funeral?!" She scoffed. "But I'm not dead! I'm alive! You told I'm Song whatever right? So why would they think that I'm dead already?!" She exclaimed, demanding answers from the guy. 

He finally looked at her this time. "We all thought you've died that night. We've seen searching for you for days but we didn't succeed in finding you everywhere. Then months later, we saw a corpse floating in the shore who wore the same garments as you. Not only that, that mole," he pointed at her right hand. She looked at the mole on her right hand, "The mole exactly one nail away from your thumb's knuckle, the corpse has that as well.  But I know that that wasn't you," she looked at him finally. "The mole was farther than how it originally was. Your mole was supposed to be the nail of my pinkie away from your thumb knuckle." He ended, reaching for her right hand before resting his pinkie finger on her thumb knuckle. 

Yejeong took in a sharp breath when her mole was exactly positioned after the end of his finger. She looked up at him, "you believe me now?" 

She could only gawk at him, incredulous. "That's when I was convinced that the corpse wasn't you. I've tried telling them to search again but they told me that maybe I was experiencing PTSD. Some even thought that I went crazy. That's when I decided to travel abroad and to search for your parents to talk them through. But like my family, they didn't believe me. So here I am, back again, searching for you. Who would've thought that I'll see here in Seoul." He smiled at her, tears b at the side of his eyes. 

"Your name is Song Yejeong. You're the only heir of the Song group of Companies."

"Are you telling me I'm rich?" 

"You're not just rich. You were born with a–i dare say–golden spoon in your mouth."

"Don't you remember me?"

She looked down, "I'm sorry. As you may have noticed now finally, I'm suffering from amnesia." She chuckled lightly. "I woke up not knowing who I was, or how I ended up in there. But, yeah... I can't remember anything." 

"I'll help you." The guy said, hopefully meeting her eyes. She looked away. 

Do kyungsoo leaned on his seat. He picked something from his wallet and slid the card towards her, "here's my credit card, if ever you changed your mind. Or you simply want to get some answers, call me. I'll be more than willing to help you." 

"Thank you..."

--

"His name is Do Kyungsoo," Hana eyed the card for a long while before looking at the tall guy with so much conflicted expression. 

"Should I ask for his help?" 

~end of chapter 11~

A/N: On a roll because this fix just reached over a hundred views ^.^ 

But don't mind me, I'm just being a total noob haha

P.S. I did not proof read.

P. P. S. I'm on my twenty minute break during my shift kkkkkk~