°Byun • Park • Im • Song°

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

A/N : Well, hello. So, I just realized that I the characters actually do not a background, so this chapter is dedicated for that. This may also serve as a filler chapter before the real ones. Enjoy ~

--

"The first release of this month's design just got out of the market. And, I must say, it's a success. Let's give our designer Park a round of applause." The workers inside the conference room clapped for the designer. 

Chanyeol nodded, before he too,  clapped for the company's success. 

"May we hear a few words from Mr. Park?" Seulgi, the CEO's secretary announced before giving Chanyeol the floor. 

He released a breath before standing up as he fixed his suit before letting out the words. 

"Ah, this work wouldn't come to life without the help of the people here. Our CEO - nim who always has his faith on me, thank you. To the chairman, thank you for entrusting this field of work for me. I'll continue doing my best, thank you!" He said before another round of applause resonated in the room. 

--

"... At least he proved his skills. We all thought that he got into position because he dated the chairman's daughter."

Chanyeol smirked, upon hearing some of the worker gossip as he entered the elevator. The two workers immediately shut their mouths when he arrived. The tall guy pressed for the ground floor as he looked up the ceiling, waiting for the two behind to start talking once more. But the two didn't.

Ting.

The elevator came to a halt when the males arrived at their destination. Before coming out of the elevator, Chanyeol craned his head back, smirking at the two.

"You're right. I didn't earn a spot because of Sua. I'm such a great designer, aren't I?" He bowed lightly before coming out of the lift, charismatically, fixing his suit in the process, leaving the two alone to fend for their selves. 

Park Chanyeol works as a fashion designer at White Swan Industries, after he graduated from college 5 years ago. He got a spot in the company after his girlfriend, Im Sua, asked her father (the chairman) to help the fresh grad in finding his job. His works weren't jokes though, all of his designed successfully made its way to the market and was received by the public positively. When he joined the company years ago, consistent earnings arrived at the business. This was why Park Chanyeol was labeled as the White Swan's secret weapon, as he chose not to made his identity public. Only the ones working inside the company knows that he was the one behind the great works in the market. 

--

"This girl would be one in a million," the masked guy laughed as he looked at her. 

She though, could only shake her head, gallons of tears Leaking out from her eyes. 

"What is it, are you saying something?" The guy leaned the gun on her forehead before pushing on it lightly. The fear crept in her system once more. 

Sirens wailing startled the two masked guy causing them to look behind them. 

One guy looked back at her again, "what the..." 

"Did it backfire?" 

"Let's go!"

Hana bolted up awake, panting, before she scanned her surroundings. She was still inside the attic, she's staying at, that was changed to be her room. She was nowhere near the dungeon, unlike in her dream. 

She reached up to wipe the sweat that formed in her forehead as she tried to calm her pounding heart. 

It's a scary dream. 

"Hana-yah..." Hana focused on the voice calling her before planting her feet of her bed. 

"Neh, I'm coming." She answered shortly before lifting the door open to reveal the old woman who helped her after she lost her memories 6 years ago.

"Mr. Son's clothes was done for repair, could you please bring it to- whoa," the old woman frowned. "Are you okay? Why are you pale?" 

She looked away, embarrassed. "I'm fine," she looked down again with a smile. "I'll just change my clothes." She said with a beaming smile. 

"OK."

--

Hana was found in the sea shore in Jeju 6 years ago by the Adachis, a Japanese family that migrated after the head of the family was transferred to a job in the country. Unfortunately, the fabric company turned bankrupt and so the family just decided to try their luck at the country. As of right now, the family owned a small  tailoring shop, which came to life after the Mister Adachi received his back pay. His wife, Mrs Adachi, worked as the seamstress and their only son Yuto, was the one responsible for looking for possible clients and delivery as he tried his best balancing his studies with their business. Hana could not be more thankful for their help towards her. 

At present, Hana was currently on her quest to finding who she was, before her foster family decided to name her, Hana. 

--

"Oh, Hana-yah." Junmyeon uttered upon seeing the girl waving at him from afar, using both her arms. He responded with a wave before ushering her to move closer, as he was eating his ramen inside a convenience store. 

The door sounded with a ding when the girl opened it, moving towards the police man. 

"Tadah!" She exclaimed, showing him a paper bag. 

Junmyeon's eyes widened in awe, "its done already?" 

"Yes. You know Adachi-omma, she doesn't like works getting piled up." She answered before taking a seat next to the elder. "Here goes." 

Junmyeon accepted the paper bag and brought it to his side. The girl stayed on her spot for a few moments, and this went unnoticed by the guy. 

"What is it?" He asked, still focused at his food. 

Hana hummed as she straightened her limbs, as if her courage would come out if she does that. "You work at a police department, right?" She asked without looking at him. 

Junmyeon answered with a nod. "I'm a police officer, so yeah... Why though?" 

The girl thought for a while. "Do you work with cases related with missing persons as well?" 

This made Junmyeon stop. "Yes, why? Do you realize you want to know who you are now?" 

She nodded, "but why?" 

Hana smiled. "Well, i guess my past life is haunting me now. I started getting dreams, oppa." She answered then looked at the guy hopefully, "would you help me?"

--

Ring. Ring. 

Ring. Ring

Ring. Ring

"Ai, really. What is this guy doing?" Baekhyun huffed, annoyed. "Yah, Park Chanyeol! Whatever it is that you're doing stop it now and get in here, now. The company's facing a case of plagiarism right now. You're totally needed. So if you're hearing this, stop acting like you're sleeping-" he stopped, midway. "Was he actually sleeping?" He mumbled. 

'Really, this guy', he thought.

Baekhyun leaned his head back on his sofa as he felt the frustration and anger rising. He and Chanyeol had been best friends since college, under the same program. Unfortunately, the taller has more ideas and a whole lot better when it comes to designing resulting to the taller getting a much favorable position in the company. As for Baekhyun, he works as a fashion consultant in the same company. But unlike Chanyeol, he got in because he passed a resume and the chairman genuinely appreciated his skills. This was one thing he was very proud of. But there was no doubting Chanyeol's talents. 

"This is why I told him not to get the sample repair anymore." He sighed. "Ah, you're killing me, Park Chanyeol!" He ruffled his hair frustratingly. 

--

"Which one works better for me?" Im Sua turned from side to side alternately before sending the guy across the room a look. 

Baekhyun lifted his head back to study the girl. "I don't know, my brain cells aren't working right now." He returned to his position earlier. "Chanyeol that punk~" he whined. Im Sua scoffed.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun!" The guy looked at her. "What's this? Are you actually dissing your boss' daughter for your best friend?"

The guy rolled his eyes. "Excuse me, but this 'best friend' of mine, is your boyfriend." 

"Even so..." She pouted. "Weren't you supposed to think of only me this minute, I can't afford showing myself to public looking like a mess." She batted her eyelashes at him. "Please? Just this once, Baek." 

Baekhyun heaved a deep sigh before standing up to walk towards her. "OK, fine, you won. Let's get you something nice toward." He dismissed and the girl answered with a beaming smile.

Im Sua is Chanyeol's girlfriend, this caused the two to be closer as they met several times. At first, Baekhyun didn't like the girl for her attitude, but as they grew closer, he realized that the girl had her problems, thus her attitude. Doing his best, he kept on understanding her as he was reminded of someone, from her attitude. Finally, the two became close friends, almost as he and Chanyeol was. 

~end of chapter 6~