HJD Clothing Line

NOVICE (EXO Chanyeol Fanfiction)

"We're sorry sir. But we can't find any traces of the girl you're looking for. We're sorry." 

He sighed. "It's okay. Don't worry about it. Please try again next time." 

"We'll do that, sir."

"Please do. Thank you."

Kyungsoo placed the telephone back on its place before leaning back at his swivel chair. He studied his right hand, where two rings are worn in his ring finger. 

"Where could you be, Yejeong-ah..." 

--

Hana kicked on the stone on the ground after delivering yet another repair from their store. She fished her phone out when it rang. 

"Omo. Its Minseok-oppa!" She quickly swiped 'answer' and pressed her phone in her ear.

"Yeoboseyo?"

--

Hana waved her hands frantically when she saw the patrol car approaching.

"Oppadeul!" She smiled brightly at the two. 

"Oh, Hana-yah, what are doing here?" Junmyeon. 

"I asked her to come over." Minseok answered for her. Junmyeon looked at the older guy before nodding. "Let's get inside first."

--

"Here. I've tried looking for missing girls again last night. But I found difficulty looking for possible leads because you never know your name. But regarding the description of your clothes, here is what I've found."

"A girl named Jang Sunhee was lost after leaving her 18th birthday party last December 2012." Hana read the piece of article cut out and studied the picture. 

She turned to the two officers. "But they found me at Jeju. The next month. Its quite impossible to survive for a month with nowhere to go." She sighed. "What if, my family never wanted look for me anymore?" She asked. 

"Its alright, Hana-yah. Trust us, we'll help you."

--

"Hana... Hana..." Chanyeol bit the emptied pack of his instant coffee, thinking about what the girl earlier told him. "Her name was Song Yejeong. So how?" 

His eyes widened when he realized something. "Was she on an amnesia. Did I hit her hard?" Only to have his head tilted on one side. "But she remembered the incident." He concluded. "This is not good." He quickly reached for his laptop resting on top of his study table and quickly logged into his SNS account. 

He types in Song Yejeong and studied the results. 

"Why was there no Song Yejeong..." He frowned because it would be very impossible to not have any H&K posts or anything about her. 

Quickly, he typed in 'Kim Heechul' only to be met with no results at all. "What the..."

Chanyeol dropped his hands on his side. Something is definitely not right. He turned to his right to look at the soup she prepared for him. Whatever happened, he was certain that people formed conspiracy towards Song Yejeong.

"I'll look for Kim Heechul..."

--

Im Sua banged her fists on her table. "This can't be, he's not calling me." She turned to her dad, "dad!" She whined. "He's not calling me!" 

The old man focused his vision on his newspaper after sipping a cup of his coffee. 

"Maybe he hasn't watch the news yet. Trust me, he'll come crawling back to you once he's drained and with empty pockets." 

"But, he have Baekhyun to help him." She mumbled. 

"Should we get rid of him?" Mr. Im asked his little girl. 

"Dad..." 

--

Hana walked along the streets aimlessly, looking at everything around her. She sighed, it would have been better if she knew who she was. 

Was I a celebrity before? 

She shook her head no. She would have been known if she was famous. Cross that one out. 

"Am I a mother?" She laughed at the thought. "No. I don't think so."

She continued walking, studying every posters that was stuck on the walls and posts she walked passed. 

"HJD Clothing Line is currently in need of hidden gems that would be a part of the company's success. We are looking for aspiring designers that would be the next face of HJD Clothing Line. The company is opening a runway competition that would be giving out prizes and earn a spot in the company for the winners. For interested applicants, you may bring your Curriculum Vitae at ..."

Hana stopped walking to study the announcement at the appliance shop. Strangely, she felt as if she was met with this kind of situation before. Déjà vu, if she may add. 

"What's this feeling?" She mumbled. She tried raking her brains in hopes of remembering the distant memory.

"Ow..." After thinking for a while, her hurt started hurting. She crouched down the floor to stop the spinning as she clutched her hair. 

"What's wrong with me?" She mumbled after a while of crouching. 

--

"I'm sorry sir. But we are full of designers right now. I'm afraid we can't save you a spot at our company, I'm sorry sir."

Chanyeol sighed once more. He shouldn't feel so down just because of a rejection. There are so many other choices where he can pass his works. He will get through this for sure. 

"HJD Clothing Line is currently in need of hidden gems that would be a part of the company's success. We are looking for aspiring designers that would be the next face of HJD Clothing Line. The company is opening a runway competition that would be giving out prizes and earn a spot in the company for the winners. For interested applicants, you may bring your Curriculum Vitae at ..."

He stopped walking the moment he saw the advertisement on the LCD. 

"HJD... Clothing Line?" He mumbled. "Wasn't that... Oh my god!" Chanyeol slapped his hands on his mouth when he realized something. 

"This could be my chance..." He smiled when he realized that this was his trump card. He looked down at his portfolio before looking back up again at the screen. 

"You'll regret what you did to me, Sua-yah..." He spoke to no one in particular, his smile not leaving his face.

--

"Kyungsoo-yah, why did you do that? Why do you need to open up a contest? Aren't our workers enough?" 

The male never once lifted his eyes from his phone. Not even when he heard his mom complain. 

"Why not? They weren't doing their jobs right anymore." He  looked up at Mrs. Do. "Why are you wasting your money paying people who aren't even gifted. Let alone be serious at the tasks assigned to them. We aren't a charity." He countered. 

"Kyungsoo-yah. It's like this. It wasn't the designers' fault, it was because White Swan have their secret weapon-"

"And we do not?" The male asked. "Then, you can't tell me to stop what I'm doing. I'm looking for gems to be in par of WS' secret weapon." 

"Son..."

"Mom..." He called. "I'd rather use the money productively than have it treated as a giveaway for employees who do not work properly." The youngest concluded. 

--

"A runway competition..." Chanyeol nodded. "This means I'm in need of a model," he sighed. "Should I ask Aemi-yah?" He mumbled looking outside of his window, down at the neighborhood he's in. 

"No. She would probably refuse to." He puckered his lips. Suddenly his vision caught sight of someone who was walking towards the house in front of his. He studied her for a while before he slapped his hand on his mouth when he realized he was being an idiot. 

--

"Adachi-omma. Aren't you suppose to deliver that bunch today?" Hana asked, pointing at a laundry bag, full of repaired pants at the end of the living room. The old woman stopped stitching to look behind her. 

"Ah, that? I forgot to ask Yuto to bring it before going to school earlier." Hana nodded. "Should I get it delivered?" She offered. The old woman looked at her. "Would you?" 

She nodded. "I would if you'd ask me. Do you not want me to?" She asked back cheekily. 

"Aigoo." The elderly laughed. "Sure. Do whatever that makes you happy." The pair laughed finally. 

Ding. Dong.

"Oh, I'll get it." Hana exclaimed before running towards the door. 

"Who could this be..." She mumbled, as she turned the knob to open the door. She raised her brows when she realized it was the new guy from the rooftop. 

"What-"

"Be my model!" Hana was startled when the guy suddenly grabbed her arms and looked at her intently. 

"Model.... What?!" She looked as if this tall guy in front of her grew two heads.

She, a model? No, scratch that. His model?!

~end of chapter 5~